PineTab early-adopter offering question
(06-10-2020, 04:44 AM)Lex-2008 Wrote: Preorders are live, if you've missed it: https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=10167

Official announcement: https://fosstodon.org/@PINE64/104318266506485487

Store links:
https://store.pine64.org/?product=pineta...nux-tablet
https://store.pine64.org/?product=pineta...t-keyboard
Hi all.

Does anyone know how the standard vs DHL shipping will affect ship times to USA?  Will it help purchasers from other countries get their orders more quickly if USA customers select DHL?

Thanks--so very excited to order!

BD
(06-10-2020, 05:42 AM)wtdonnelly Wrote: Hi all.

Does anyone know how the standard vs DHL shipping will affect ship times to USA?  Will it help purchasers from other countries get their orders more quickly if USA customers select DHL?

BD

I don't think your shipping choice will affect others. If that were much of a possibility, Pine likely would've sought other carriers. Currently DHL is recommended for the PineTab, and it will arrive faster to you in the US, vs the standard option.
(06-10-2020, 06:12 AM)tophneal Wrote:

BD

I don't think your shipping choice will affect others. If that were much of a possibility, Pine likely would've sought other carriers. Currently DHL is recommended for the PineTab, and it will arrive faster to you in the US, vs the standard option.
Thanks very much tophneal, that's exactly what I needed to know.  Ordered w/DHL shipping.  It's going to be a long hot summer of waiting for this cool device!

BD
(06-10-2020, 06:12 AM)tophneal Wrote:

BD

I didn't see this board before I got my order in, and didn't pick DHL. Does anybody know if it's possible to change that on my order?
(06-10-2020, 07:08 PM)kaufman Wrote: I didn't see this board before I got my order in, and didn't pick DHL. Does anybody know if it's possible to change that on my order?

If you look here https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=9942 you will see what I've quoted below. Please note what is written in red. An even bigger note THIS IS ONLY FOR PINEPHONE. So, my advice is to try and sweet talk your way into buying one of those for your PineTab. I'm not sure who you would sweet talk, maybe the support team, but good luck!

FYI, Asendia shipping is standard shipping, which I assume is what you paid for. That PinePhone option to buy an upgrade to DHL is likely to cost more than what you actually paid in the store (from what I paid, there was a $6 difference if I remember correctly), so you'll be paying that bit extra. I can't tell you if this option is possible, however.

(05-25-2020, 01:50 AM)Luke Wrote:

[edit 8 June] My apologies for keeping you in suspense for a day longer - I was obtaining all relevant information. 
Asendia have presently informed us that, in the immediate future, they'll be able to ship to France and Switzerland. However, for information about shipment to other countries we'll have to wait longer. 
A this point we're working on giving you three options:
  1. Stick with your Asendia shipping and wait until it goes out
  2. Upgrade to DHL shipping via the PINE64 store. We're working on a system to upgrade your current shipping to DHL; it will be available later this week.
  3. Cancel your order by emailing sales@pine64.org
More information will follow tomorrow or on Wednesday. I will make sure to post the link to the DHL upgrade here as well as make people aware of it on social media. Once again, thank you on your patience as we're working towards finding the best possible solution to the current situation.
[edit 9 June] If you originally selected Asendia, it is now possible to change to DHL shipping. Once we get 1000 people to switch over from Asendia to DHL shipment will commence. I'll obviously update you on that in due time
(06-10-2020, 07:08 PM)kaufman Wrote: I didn't see this board before I got my order in, and didn't pick DHL. Does anybody know if it's possible to change that on my order?

Reach out to Pine through email, you may be able to alter your shipping. There's certainly still time before they go out.
 I am wondering :

1) Will there be a second batch offering soon,   with something like the Mobian OS ?

2) Is this a small test batch ?

This board is much the same as the Pine Phone so it should not take much modification to use the Mobian OS,  should it.? ?

3) Does the Pine Tab have a GPS installed in it ?  

I DO plan on purchasing a Pine Tab, just not certain if I should jump in now,   or wait for the second offering....

THANKS  PINE64 TEAM  !
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pinetab 2 just arrived + when can hope to se wifi driver LRP 15 7,337 02-28-2024, 05:03 AM
Last Post: Surehand53
Wink Screen protector for PineTab 2 vatin 0 456 11-18-2023, 01:31 AM
Last Post: vatin
  PineTab 2 (arm64) thoughts and questions acruhl 7 2,691 09-01-2023, 01:13 PM
Last Post: acruhl
  PineTab 2 Dead Screen Kramey 16 4,347 08-12-2023, 05:44 PM
Last Post: Kramey
  pinetab 2 not booting ajhiii070 5 1,636 08-07-2023, 01:46 PM
Last Post: r.aliaskarov
  does the pinetab "just worK"? averageconsumer445 19 4,120 07-15-2023, 10:31 AM
Last Post: dachalife
  Pinetab-V shipping Status? jfstepha 6 2,187 07-12-2023, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ChromaticHamster
  No WiFi or Ethernet on vanilla PineTab 2 from the factory? SmittyWerbenyegermanjenson 6 2,129 06-06-2023, 05:26 PM
Last Post: fxc
Star Looking for a Pinetab [EU] Glenn 2 2,552 01-24-2023, 06:12 PM
Last Post: Louis
  Looking to buy a PineTab Yair22 2 2,419 01-24-2023, 06:10 PM
Last Post: Louis