*  Just a Thread,  with the reply option turned OFF *

*  So your news does not get side-tracked *

* OR Buried *
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
I'd imagine that the blog could work fine for this too-- like "shipping updates for the week of January 6th"
   Although  Talking of sidetracking you :

*  I am curious if you can supply any information on the  "Late Orders"  ?

Since the Store is still accepting orders for the Brave Heart and both types of Pinebook Pro...

Can you offer any 'Insight' on what dates the Late Orders begin and the on-time orders ended ?

Possibly an idea when the Late Orders are estimated to ship  ?

I see we are Fast approaching the start of the Chinese New Year,  we had been warned months ago

That could cause some problems.

I have been Tempted to Order another device from the store....  since the order session has been extended.
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
(01-07-2020, 03:06 PM)tophneal Wrote:
(01-07-2020, 03:02 PM)Luke Wrote:
(01-07-2020, 01:57 PM)tophneal Wrote: @Luke We need a twitter-like feed of your shipping updates. Would probably answer most new questions very quickly haha

This is actually something I've been thinking about too to be honest. As much as I understand and appreciate the importance of updating people regularly, doing so on a per-person (almost) basis starts becoming pretty exhausting.

So, then, the question is: where is the right place for such a feed? main page? special 'update webpage'? the forums? twitter/mastodon?  - suggestions and alternative options very welcome (as always).

Heck, go with what's easiest to start. Twitter would likely work well, since Pine already utilizes it, and visitors don't have to have an account to see (most?) posts. (I have no idea how many tweets a guest to a twitter page can view before being blocked by a login/signup. I know I've seen it with trying to view a page's media posts. If they have some kind of pinning/sticky option, that should negate any concern over that.)

Keep in mind that not everyone uses social media, such as myself.  (Gave up most forms of social media long ago, and even borderline ones like reddit, I'm done w/ all of it going forward.)

I'd recommend just doing it mostly on your own Pine64 properties to avoid confusion in the long run, but that's just my opinion.
a locked sticky forum thread with status updates. done.
Thanks for the feedback. I'll think on it this week and decide on it the next.

Anyways, ANSI PBPs have started shipping.
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

I confirm - ANSI PBPs started shipping. I just received sms from DHL.   Cool
@Luke

I have a couple of general questions about the shipping process that I would like to ask.

1) what time zone does shipping occur in? Is it HKT ?
2) is shipping being done on a first in first out order or via region?

Thanks
(01-08-2020, 06:10 PM)Uthelaughingmagi Wrote: @Luke

I have a couple of general questions about the shipping process that I would like to ask.

1) what time zone does shipping occur in? Is it HKT ?
2) is shipping being done on a first in first out order or via region?

Thanks

It doesnt appear they are doing first in first out.  I ordered on November 4th and still havent heard a thing about mine shipping.
NICE

Thanksgiving ANSI PBP order here. Patiently waiting! Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New community website! Luke 3 2,244 10-19-2023, 02:10 PM
Last Post: zer0sig
  Shipping Update and Stock Availability Thread Luke 87 90,647 03-05-2023, 12:35 PM
Last Post: maos
  PinePhone Keyboard update [April 24/04] Luke 73 109,004 08-12-2022, 11:46 AM
Last Post: kat22
  PinePhone community poll results Luke 2 3,833 02-01-2022, 04:03 PM
Last Post: zer0sig
  October update follow-up Luke 0 2,606 10-29-2021, 01:02 PM
Last Post: Luke
  PinePhone BE & Pinebook Pro shipping update thread Luke 136 168,376 06-04-2021, 09:43 AM
  PinePhone Mobian CE shipping update thread Luke 59 81,589 04-25-2021, 12:57 PM
  PinePhone KDE Community Edition shipping update thread. Luke 135 178,070 04-11-2021, 01:47 PM
Video February Community Update Video Synopsis Luke 0 2,956 02-19-2021, 08:23 PM
  Manjaro Community Edition Shipping thread Luke 122 148,702 01-28-2021, 07:30 PM
Last Post: Muad