bookworm vs trixie discussion for mobian in pinephone pro.
(02-20-2024, 12:40 PM)mburns Wrote:
(11-18-2023, 07:58 AM)mburns Wrote: The Camera and Megapixel apps in Trixie are not working. So, I copied the Megapixel files and my customizations from an older installation of Mobian.

The Tootle app is no longer in the repositories, so I copied the files from an older installation and then did a schema compile to get the app working. The desktop file needs a complete pointer to the location of the icon.

A capabilities problem with the Bubblewrap package prevents the Web app from starting. There is also an incompatibility of Mobian setup with Google Accounts that can prevent the Web app from starting. The app can be started from the command line, though; epiphany-browser is the executable name.

Someone could comment on getting the PinePhone Keyboard working in Trixie. But a Bluetooth mouse and keyboard work in Trixie.

The Web application is now working in Trixie Mobian, but not with Google approval.

Drivers for the cameras, or their invocation, have been dropped in the most recent update of Trixie Mobian. I am not sure if restoring the specific PinePhone Pro support package will work for this issue.

Support for the camera has been restored in Mobian Trixie as of Tuesday, April 23. But only the older version of megapixels that I saved works.
(04-23-2024, 07:34 AM)mburns Wrote:
(02-20-2024, 12:40 PM)mburns Wrote:
(11-18-2023, 07:58 AM)mburns Wrote: The Camera and Megapixel apps in Trixie are not working. So, I copied the Megapixel files and my customizations from an older installation of Mobian.

The Tootle app is no longer in the repositories, so I copied the files from an older installation and then did a schema compile to get the app working. The desktop file needs a complete pointer to the location of the icon.

A capabilities problem with the Bubblewrap package prevents the Web app from starting. There is also an incompatibility of Mobian setup with Google Accounts that can prevent the Web app from starting. The app can be started from the command line, though; epiphany-browser is the executable name.

Someone could comment on getting the PinePhone Keyboard working in Trixie. But a Bluetooth mouse and keyboard work in Trixie.

The Web application is now working in Trixie Mobian, but not with Google approval.

Drivers for the cameras, or their invocation, have been dropped in the most recent update of Trixie Mobian. I am not sure if restoring the specific PinePhone Pro support package will work for this issue.

Support for the camera has been restored in Mobian Trixie as of Tuesday, April 23. But only the older version of megapixels that I saved works.

On Thursday, April 25, there is a dangerous dist-upgrade available for Mobian Trixie. Don't do it!
(04-25-2024, 12:24 PM)mburns Wrote: On Thursday, April 25, there is a dangerous dist-upgrade available for Mobian Trixie. Don't do it!

it seems that it is related to t64 transition, and it is a mess.

https://micronews.debian.org/2024/1709031141.html

i updated mobian on pinephone regular, and it seems that t64 packages has started to roll down into testing/trixie. well, trixie is more or less unstable anyway, but this is more complicated mess. i don't have any good advises beyond manually selecting t64 packages.

i already have experience of this mess, because i updated unstable debian somewhat recently on one of my x86-64 machines.
The 64-bit time_t transition should be entirely irrelevant for 64-bit platforms such as aarch64, time_t has always been 64-bit on 64-bit platforms.
(Yesterday, 03:44 AM)Kevin Kofler Wrote: The 64-bit time_t transition should be entirely irrelevant for 64-bit platforms such as aarch64, time_t has always been 64-bit on 64-bit platforms.

It would be unwise to underestimate the impact on ANY platform, including all 64-bit platforms.
This is likely the biggest transition I've seen in my ~15 years of using Debian.
Do NOT underestimate its impact.

Some tips:
  • Do NOT use full-/dist-upgrade. People should generally not use it, but that's especially true now
  • Waiting is a virtue. Forcing things (which is what full-upgrade does) is generally a bad idea. Even more now. All the issues will be fixed/resolved over time.
  • Do NOT use the '-y' parameter to apt and READ all that APT is telling you it's about to do. Responding 'N(o)' has always been a valid response and even more now.

HTH

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tow-Boot, a new U-Boot option for Pinephone Pro and other devices Ulfnic 60 45,219 02-13-2024, 02:54 PM
Last Post: fxc
  Pine Phone Pro audio on phone calls: discussion, support and tips apink 42 12,569 12-26-2023, 02:14 PM
Last Post: apink
  Disable the GDM service in Mobian. mburns 0 468 11-25-2023, 10:19 PM
Last Post: mburns
  A Btrfs Image for Arch SXMO on the Pinephone Pro mburns 2 845 11-23-2023, 08:44 AM
  Rhino Linux does not seem ready for the PinePhone Pro. mburns 2 977 11-23-2023, 08:39 AM
  The Mobian Phosh Experience mburns 1 893 11-18-2023, 08:21 AM
Last Post: crocspot
  Fix the Mobian Weather App mburns 0 503 11-07-2023, 10:01 AM
  Megapixels on Mobian Bookworm on PinePhone Pro - Not Launching X0X0X0X0X0 1 712 11-07-2023, 09:44 AM
  Mobian Phosh Gnome Software Is Recommending A Broken Update. mburns 0 605 10-14-2023, 11:57 AM
  Battery life thread: discussion, support and tips apink 6 2,024 09-22-2023, 02:37 PM
Last Post: tookmeayear