Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 28,157
» Latest member: sarah
» Forum threads: 15,699
» Forum posts: 114,625

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
New PineTab2
Forum: General Discussion on PineTab
Last Post: frtodd
5 hours ago
» Replies: 2
» Views: 54
Calls: ALSA UCM config no...
Forum: PinePhone Pro Software
Last Post: alaraajavamma
6 hours ago
» Replies: 3
» Views: 129
Anyone else having CPU ha...
Forum: General Discussion of PinePhone Pro
Last Post: KC9UDX
Yesterday, 01:27 PM
» Views: 72
No wIfI after Mobian upda...
Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone
Last Post: 98cwitr
Yesterday, 06:45 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 2,221
Android ( Stock or TV ver...
Forum: Android on Rock64
Last Post: Blackheat45
05-09-2024, 02:49 PM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 6,385
Android Images (ROCK64)
Forum: Android on Rock64
Last Post: Blackheat45
05-09-2024, 02:40 PM
» Replies: 74
» Views: 169,686
Where to find spare parts...
Forum: PinePhone Hardware
Last Post: mdk
05-09-2024, 02:12 PM
» Views: 75
bookworm vs trixie discus...
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: anonymous
05-09-2024, 03:08 AM
» Replies: 26
» Views: 2,672
link for supported pineph...
Forum: Manjaro on PinePhone
Last Post: Eugo
05-09-2024, 03:02 AM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 309
power button not working
Forum: General Discussion on ROCKPRO64
Last Post: Vista8720
05-07-2024, 11:26 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 43

wifi cast
Posted by: hazerty - 12-24-2015, 10:39 AM - Forum: POT modules - Replies (1)

I would like to know If wifi board is capable to cast from cellphone to TV, like chrome cast?
via DNLA or other?

I would like control the board with my cellphone.

Thank you.

power Circuit
Posted by: polo - 12-24-2015, 06:37 AM - Forum: POT modules - Replies (28)

Is will possible to control the startup/shutdown of the Pin64, i think about a button connecting to some pin that manage software shutdown and  power circuit ?

Bootable eMMC ?
Posted by: pierzogad - 12-23-2015, 02:54 PM - Forum: Pine A64 Projects, Ideas and Tutorials - Replies (1)

Would it be possible to add some 8GB eMMC module?

With the option to boot from SD and fallback to eMMC. So you could transfer system to eMMC and had option to update it from SD if something goes wrong. 
From what I saw Allwinner finally published sources for bootloader, so it should be doable - don't know how it would affect price though.

Lithium 3.7 Volt Battery
Posted by: Ron Piggott - 12-22-2015, 12:27 PM - Forum: Lithium and RTC Ports - Replies (49)

Is this a compatible battery and the correct battery connector for the 'Pine 64':
3.7V Polymer Battery 357090 3000mAh PCM Rechargeable 
I am not talking about the real time clock, but to power the computer when not connected to a USB port.

SATA?
Posted by: Groupers - 12-22-2015, 09:02 AM - Forum: POT modules - Replies (23)

Any chance there will be a SATA version at some point or a SATA add-on board? Even 1.5Gbps would be acceptable.

A request for everyone
Posted by: magic0160 - 12-22-2015, 02:15 AM - Forum: General Discussion on PINE A64(+) - Replies (1)

Hello Everyone,
I'm not sure if this make sense but Would like to post it anyway.

I'm not techei guy as you are but I know something, because I used to be a website designer. As Pine64 says it's a open source project, I have few questions regarding this.

1. Any catalog [of Hardware & Software] will be available about the process, how they made it.
2. Will I be able to educate myself with anybody's help to create it like one with more additions & changes.
3. If above answers are positive then can you please provide me the source or get in touch with me.

Thanks,
Mukund

Question GPIO
Posted by: shockr - 12-21-2015, 04:25 PM - Forum: Pi2, Euler and Exp GPIO Ports - Replies (7)

I would like to use the board for an autonomous robot project, but there's practically no information about available GPIO pins. I'm interested in the number of any pins that will be available to use as GPIO, PWM and I2C (if I would like to expand). Also, will it be possible to repurpose any of the pins on the I/O slots for GPIO?

Linux support concerns
Posted by: jl_678 - 12-21-2015, 03:35 PM - Forum: Linux on Pine A64(+) - Replies (41)

Hi,

I am a backer and pre-purchased a Pine A64+; my interest is primarily in Linux and I am currently and avid Raspberry Pi user.  However, as I have done further research, I am getting concerned about the Allwinner SoC used on the Pine64.  Specifically, it sounds like Allwinner does a very poor job supporting the open source community and so I am concerned about the quality of the Linux implementation.

Here are some threads talking about it:
[/url]
[url= http://forum.armbian.com/index.php/topic/491-need-help-on-pine-a64-15-64bit-quad-core-12ghz-single-board-computer/]http://forum.armbian.com/index.php/topic/491-need-help-on-pine-a64-15-64bit-quad-core-12ghz-single-board-computer/
<- Started by the folks from Pine
https://www.reddit.com/r/linux/comments/...ard_super/

These threads make me question whether this is the right platform for Linux, and I am hoping to get the perspectives of other backers and/or Pine employees.  Am I wrong in thinking of this as a Linux platform and instead should I focus on it as an Android platform?

Thank you!

USB 3?
Posted by: ronhd - 12-21-2015, 10:17 AM - Forum: USB 2.0 Ports - Replies (12)

Any chance of USB 3 support being added? Or a USB 3 expansion card?

With such a fast processor, and the gigabit Ethernet option, hobbling disk I/O through a USB 2 interface is really going to kill the overall performance.

Yes, the MicroSD support allows for faster I/O and allows pretty high capacity. But then you're dealing with the limited lifetime of flash -- ~10,000 writes, and with large block sizes, you hit that faster than you'd think, especially with a media center.

Making at least the host controller USB 3 would be a huge performance win.

Minimum search term length?
Posted by: ronhd - 12-21-2015, 10:06 AM - Forum: General Discussion on PINE A64(+) - Replies (1)

What's up with a minimum search term length of 4 characters? Given the common use of TLAs (three letter acronyms) in the tech industry, it's not that wise.

I would like to search for "USB", to see all USB-related posts, without having to worry about whether someone typed "USB2", "USB3", "USB 3" "USB three"...