Successful CalDav and CarDav setup.
Hi,

I have successfully configured my phone with CalDav calendar and CarDav address book following this link.

Note : I used WifiTransfert app (from OpenStore) to send the file to the phone (no need to configure SSH).

Nicolas
Hi,
I successfuly synced contacts and calendar from my nextcloud with this script (the logs showed 800+ contacts synced)
but I had to change all "syncevolution" commands to "sudo syncevolution" as otherwise script was failing.

And now I don't see any contacts or calendar on the phone GUI ?
What is the catch? I need to install some specific contacts and calendar apps?

thanks
The calendar app supports syncing with Nextcloud out of the box. It's just the contacts that needs these scripts as far as I know.
(05-27-2020, 10:44 AM)kugiigi Wrote: The calendar app supports syncing with Nextcloud out of the box. It's just the contacts that needs these scripts as far as I know.

right. 
I think the problem is that i need to run syncevolution, not sudo syncevolution, and on my phone without sudo it doesnt work, fails on permissions even though I gave him permissions on /home/phablet/.cache/syncevolution and /home/phablet/.configuration/syncevolution

so even though i run sudo syncevolution and it is success, that address book is not visible by contacts application, when I run syncevolution it fails, while sudo syncevolution works...

I hope nextcloud will implement contacts sync out of the box as well..

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nextcloud Account setup not working kelbot 3 6,514 04-21-2021, 11:25 AM
Last Post: lsitongia
  Setup instructions and SSH hardening supernova 4 5,582 05-05-2020, 10:25 AM
Last Post: colin hodsdon