Setup instructions and SSH hardening
I have started to document my Ubuntu Touch setup process as I learn how this system works.  I have have had the phone about a week now and I am trying to gather information from many different resources into one place for my own reference and also hope this may help others.

Also it is very important to note that Ubuntu Touch comes with an SSH server running by default on your phone.  So I have come up with some instruction on hardening your SSH server setup and scripts to easily enable and disable the service as needed.

Please feel free to share and make comments.  I still have lots of things to work on and add as I get them fully working (cell calls, sms, firewall, trying apps).
Ubuntu Touch setup
Thank you, looks great! Will study it when I have free time.
(02-16-2020, 10:21 AM)supernova Wrote: I have started to document my Ubuntu Touch setup process as I learn how this system works.  I have have had the phone about a week now and I am trying to gather information from many different resources into one place for my own reference and also hope this may help others.

Also it is very important to note that Ubuntu Touch comes with an SSH server running by default on your phone.  So I have come up with some instruction on hardening your SSH server setup and scripts to easily enable and disable the service as needed.

Please feel free to share and make comments.  I still have lots of things to work on and add as I get them fully working (cell calls, sms, firewall, trying apps).
Ubuntu Touch setup

HI there Supernova

A bit of advice please, on an SD version of touch i was able to access the phone via ssh but as soon as I flashed it to the phone im no longer able to access it through ssh, Im prompted for a public key  any ideas or workarounds Smile

Thanks Ray
(05-03-2020, 04:15 AM)RAaymond Wrote:
(02-16-2020, 10:21 AM)supernova Wrote: I have started to document my Ubuntu Touch setup process as I learn how this system works.  I have have had the phone about a week now and I am trying to gather information from many different resources into one place for my own reference and also hope this may help others.

Ubuntu Touch setup

HI there Supernova

A bit of advice please, on an SD version of touch i was able to access the phone via ssh but as soon as I flashed it to the phone im no longer able to access it through ssh, Im prompted for a public key  any ideas or workarounds Smile

Thanks Ray

I think this is in /etc/ssh/ssh_config
(05-05-2020, 02:42 AM)afigegoznaet Wrote:
(05-03-2020, 04:15 AM)RAaymond Wrote:

Ubuntu Touch setup

HI there Supernova

Thanks Ray

I think this is in /etc/ssh/ssh_config

there are 2 mentions of ssh on gitlab 5days ago and a week ago # i had UT on my emmc ,lost wifi ,ssh not working, terminal would not recognise  mmcblk0, so i used Jumpdrive to reflash from #306 to #310

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nextcloud Account setup not working kelbot 3 6,514 04-21-2021, 11:25 AM
Last Post: lsitongia
  Successful CalDav and CarDav setup. drpi 3 5,040 05-29-2020, 04:09 AM
Last Post: vanja