NO AFTER SALE SUPPORT --> After one week no way to remove batterie
I have use now the PP for one week and now the complete caseing seems to be warped and I can't remove the batterie. And what is the pine customer service is writing:

-------------
Please to inform you that the battery was damaged by yourself, we apologize as it will not cover under warranty.
However, you may purchase the replacement battery from any online market(Amazon) which is same model with Samsung J7(2015).
Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Your understanding and patience is greatly appreciated.
support team#2...

What a bad after sales service !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So be warned. If you will have an issue in the first warranty month, you want get help !!!!
i really like the idea behind the pinephone, but when i read such a bad/shitty support mail, and the bad/shitty delivery (CE problematic, delays delays delays, worst courier chosen ever), etc. - i am really wondering if it was a good decision to order the pinephone.
I am still waiting for my pinephone, even tho i ordered on the first day where it was possible to order (iirc 15.11).

How do they know you damaged the phone? are they magicians? like how they read the future that the phones will arrive latest at 25.1.2020? thats a big damn joke, really!

edit: when it is a warranty case i would inform pine that you inform paypal. if pine does not accept the warranty i would talk to paypal to refund your money.
After weeks of emails / sending photos, explaining that the battery is grow and that it will be not my fault the support ignores any new mail from me. The last mail, 2 weeks ago, they have written:
------------------------------------------------------
If your battery is "grown", then better replace instead of keep using. The "brown" battery potential caught fire.

Regards,
Info Team
--------------------------------

I have answered that this a a warranty case and that they should send me a new battery they answer anymore. Silence.

WHAT A GREAT AFTER SALE SUPPORT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
the thing that amazes me about this report is that I have the impression that Pine64 is composed of a small team of people, how is it possible that a part of this team is virtuous and another part totally negligent and that there is no communication within this team?
It is as if the after sale is an external company acting independently.
IF you try to remove the battery from the top end I suspect it will bind up tight.
 > ( Possibly damaging the battery contacts on the phone ! )

Perhaps they should give better advance instructions on the correct method to remove the battery.
 ( a sticker that says "LIFT HERE"  would be fairly inexpensive )
   >( but it would need to be in many languages )

Especially since the battery is to be removed so often changing the SD cards.

> > BUT,  there is a little notch at the lower end that should be a 'clue'  that you lift the lower end out first...

Actually my battery feels a little bit loose....
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
(03-19-2020, 04:43 AM)bcnaz Wrote: IF you try to remove the battery from the top end I suspect it will bind up tight.

Perhaps they should give better advance instructions on the correct method to remove the battery.

> > BUT,  there is a little notch at the lower end that should be a 'clue'  that you lift the lower end out first...

My Battery was also a little loose and it was falling out of the case if I move the phone backwards. But after a while, when the phone was very hot, the battery was 'growing'. Since this 'growing I'm not able to remove the battery without damaging. And without removed battery, the changing of SD is not really working.

I think PinePhine has to send  me a new battery, because it's warranty case. But if you are talking about warranty with the support team they are deaf. That's what I hate. So any other new product of Pine64 --- no, never !!!
(03-20-2020, 05:09 AM)harvey186 Wrote:
(03-19-2020, 04:43 AM)bcnaz Wrote: IF you try to remove the battery from the top end I suspect it will bind up tight.

My Battery was also a little loose and it was falling out of the case if I move the phone backwards. But after a while, when the phone was very hot, the battery was 'growing'. Since this 'growing I'm not able to remove the battery without damaging. And without removed battery, the changing of SD is not really working.

I think PinePhine has to send  me a new battery, because it's warranty case. But if you are talking about warranty with the support team they are deaf. That's what I hate. So any other new product of Pine64 --- no, never !!!

From the photo, you have use metal dinner knife to peel off the battery, this can potential bent the battery and cause battery damaged (may already happened in your case).  The warranty doesn't cover physical damage regardless given reason.
(03-19-2020, 03:54 AM)vinnie Wrote: the thing that amazes me about this report is that I have the impression that Pine64 is composed of a small team of people, how is it possible that a part of this team is virtuous and another part totally negligent and that there is no communication within this team?

This issue has been bought up in Pine Store team and already discussed in several times on pass few days. The conclusion is if the damage caused by excessive physical force then this should not been covered under warranty. The buyer interest to repair the Pinephone, sales team has advised the buyer to ship back the Pinephone and strongly advise NOT to ship back battery which from picture shows some physical abuse. Once they receive the PinePhone, they will check the damage and quote back accordingly on the parts that have been physical damaged (from photo, they think the damage may be just the inner plastic case). Once fix and return, they will include a free new fresh battery to buyer.
I have been involved on the briefing on this case and also has viewed the photos submitted by buyer. I totally standby their assessment that the physical damage that cause by buyer should be covered under warranty.
(03-21-2020, 05:47 PM)tllim Wrote: This issue has been bought up in Pine Store team and already discussed in several times on pass few days. The conclusion is if the damage caused by excessive physical force then this should not been covered under warranty. The buyer interest to repair the Pinephone, sales team has advised the buyer to ship back the Pinephone and strongly advise NOT to ship back battery which from picture shows some physical abuse. Once they receive the PinePhone, they will check the damage and quote back accordingly on the parts that have been physical damaged (from photo, they think the damage may be just the inner plastic case). Once fix and return, they will include a free new fresh battery to buyer.
I have been involved on the briefing on this case and also has viewed the photos submitted by buyer. I totally standby their assessment that the physical damage that cause by buyer should be covered under warranty.

None of this is true!!!
First lie: I only used the sharp object to show how tight the battery is. I wrote that to the team as well.
Second lie: I am NEVER asked to send the phone back. As you can read in the conversation, they only told me to buy a new battery.  

This lying answer confirms that you should not buy from Pine64.

EDIT: Attached you will find the conversation. So everyone can see that I tell the truth !!!

Attached Files
.pdf   Pine64.pdf (Size: 480.14 KB / Downloads: 521)
(03-21-2020, 05:47 PM)tllim Wrote:
(03-19-2020, 03:54 AM)vinnie Wrote: the thing that amazes me about this report is that I have the impression that Pine64 is composed of a small team of people, how is it possible that a part of this team is virtuous and another part totally negligent and that there is no communication within this team?

This issue has been bought up in Pine Store team and already discussed in several times on pass few days. The conclusion is if the damage caused by excessive physical force then this should not been covered under warranty. The buyer interest to repair the Pinephone, sales team has advised the buyer to ship back the Pinephone and strongly advise NOT to ship back battery which from picture shows some physical abuse. Once they receive the PinePhone, they will check the damage and quote back accordingly on the parts that have been physical damaged (from photo, they think the damage may be just the inner plastic case). Once fix and return, they will include a free new fresh battery to buyer.

I really appreciate that your team is concerned about communication, so thank you for your answer.
I'll try to give my opinion, I don't know if it will be useful or not, but maybe this is a kind speech that only a user can start.

I think that often what happens to a buyer when he have to deal with a "common" company is to refer to the rules of the warranty to avoid buying a unusable product, this happens because not all people have the ability to fix things by themselves.
On the other hand, a company wants to protect itself from satisfying any request that may or may not be an exploit of the assistence service.

At the end of the day, it is possible that harvey may have damaged the battery itself, for example with deep discharging, but this is something that can hardly be proven and in addition the pinephone still has several problems that may lead to other problems with the battery (such as the phone that discharges even when it is switched off or the incomplete power saving system).
But on the other hand, shipping a phone is more expensive than buying another battery! Plus it's probably not a wise idea to ship a damaged battery as you point out.
But shipping the phone without a battery, the only thing you can check is whether the phone damages the batteries and not whether the battery is defective from the beginning (wich is hard to prove anyway).

In the same time in my memory other things come back to mind, for example that shipping an electronic device with a battery is more complex and that in the forum some people said that some compatible versions of the battery may not fit perfectly in the pinephone compartment.
So I wonder, if in the future I ever need a spare battery, to make sure it's compatible I would have to get it from your store, but then I would spend much more money than the battery cost itself just for shipping.

So maybe it wouldn't be better if we just came to each other?
Couldn't you as Pine64 help users to find an intermediary that sells compatible batteries and manage cases like Harvery's in a less "official" but also less "expensive" way?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PinePhone carrier support in Hungary notramo 7 2,591 12-14-2022, 12:18 PM
Last Post: notramo
  Keyboard support broken in Mobian? MacarioMorenoUK 2 1,724 06-08-2022, 02:34 AM
Last Post: MacarioMorenoUK
Bug [Support Request] Modem is Failing to Be Accessible FriendlyGecko 3 2,795 11-30-2021, 01:22 PM
Last Post: FriendlyGecko
  Remove striped screw pizzalovingnerd 18 16,219 12-08-2020, 02:22 PM
Last Post: tllim
Sad Need support with Support iyereed 16 18,065 07-30-2020, 02:59 AM
Last Post: iyereed
  EG25-G support for emergency alerts (WEA/CMAS) newton688 5 6,679 07-01-2020, 11:35 AM
Last Post: wibble
  replacement batterie doesn't fit harvey186 1 2,281 03-26-2020, 10:00 AM
Last Post: Alho
  US 4G/5G LTE support rocket2nfinity 17 23,659 02-14-2020, 08:00 PM
Last Post: PineFan