Coronavirus outbrake impact on PINE64
same. things are moving. fantastic.
(03-15-2020, 11:58 PM)pukuarts Wrote: I also got a PBP order confirmation from DHL about an hour ago. How could this be? I thought Hong Kong was still under quarantine.

@tllim flew from US to HK and shipped everything that remained in the warehouse by himself ...
If you see him at the conference, I'd say buy him a beer.
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

(02-17-2020, 01:07 AM)tllim Wrote:
(02-13-2020, 12:16 PM)sleblanc Wrote: Does anyone know whether the Pinebook Support team has returned to work? I have a ticket that has been open for nearly a month.

Starts back to work on February 17 but not in full operation.

How is the Support Team doing? My ticket has been open two months, should I put in another enquiry?

best regards
(03-17-2020, 12:23 PM)sleblanc Wrote:
(02-17-2020, 01:07 AM)tllim Wrote:
(02-13-2020, 12:16 PM)sleblanc Wrote: Does anyone know whether the Pinebook Support team has returned to work? I have a ticket that has been open for nearly a month.

Starts back to work on February 17 but not in full operation.

How is the Support Team doing? My ticket has been open two months, should I put in another enquiry?

best regards

Yes, please do, and CC me l.erecinski at pine64.org

(02-21-2020, 08:28 AM)ab1jx Wrote: I waited about 2 months for mine, it was worth it. 
I would agree with this assessment:  mid-January dispatch of pinebook pro arrived in mid-March.  I am so glad I was patient and didn't request a refund.  It is higher quality material and build, all around, than I was expecting.  Now, I just hope I can get it to boot freenix64-current! 

So for those wondering if it will be obsolete before it arrives:  I don't think so!  Cheers.
(03-16-2020, 05:18 AM)Luke Wrote: @tllim flew from US to HK and shipped everything that remained in the warehouse by himself ...
If you see him at the conference, I'd say buy him a beer.

This might be a dump question, but with the whole Covid-19 and protecting ourselves, was the PinePhone batch that tllim sent off all prepackaged and just needed posting - that everything inside the postage bag was pre-Covid-19, so should be fine to handle, and we only need to consider the shipping bag a "risk"? 

I imagine it's going to take over two weeks to get to me, and the virus may not even be present on the bag when leaving the Warehouse, but after all the hands it goes through to get to the destination it may then become a concern. So I am just curious, to be double sure, that the virus shouldn't be near the phone itself.
(03-18-2020, 07:34 PM)SpoofyKid Wrote: I imagine it's going to take over two weeks to get to me, and the virus may not even be present on the bag when leaving the Warehouse, but after all the hands it goes through to get to the destination it may then become a concern. So I am just curious, to be double sure, that the virus shouldn't be near the phone itself.

Last I heard the virus dies after 2-3 days being outside the body.
Reports of a 2nd wave of Covid possibly hitting Singapore and Hong Kong. Is this true and if so is it likely this will delay the May delivery of PBPs ordered now.? Also, are ANSI and ISO versions equally available? Wish the best to all concerned.
(03-19-2020, 12:44 AM)PineFan Wrote: Reports of a 2nd wave of Covid possibly hitting Singapore and Hong Kong.  Is this true and if so is it likely this will delay the May delivery of PBPs ordered now.? Also, are ANSI and ISO versions equally available? Wish the best to all concerned.

If the Hong Kong border remains closed past May 7th (and there is no alternative shipping route) then yes, then shipping will be postponed.

I mentioned writing an epidemic simulator earlier, got it running.  Not good enough for Sourceforge yet.

An epidemic simulation program.  The screen X and Y resolution are read, then a pair of nested for loops iterate locations, for each there’s a random 10% chance that it’s populated.  There’s an array of structs containing data about each populated cell/person.  An important thing there is the X and Y location.  Each loop through the array of structs I call a day.  Every day each populated cell tries to move 1 location in a random direction if it can find an empty spot.  At the start there’s one infected cell.  There’s a 40% chance that if an uninfected cell contacts an infected one during the random moving around it becomes infected, after the 2 – 14 day incubation period.  In the array of structs are counters like till_sick which if non-zero are decremented each day until they’re zero.  Hitting zero changes the cell’s status in other ways.  For tracking neighbors there’s a shadow [x][y] array which is indexed by the current location, what it contains is the index to the array of structs if inhabited, otherwise 0.  So xy[100][100] might link to struct[33] and that’s what gets set to infected or not.  And the x,y in the struct[33] are set to 100,100, each time one is updated they both get updated.  An infected cell recovers after a random period, this tries to mimic covid-19.

There’s no quarantiinng happening, and cells don’t die either.  I tried implementing quarantining but it was too absolute: everything just stopped.  It’s easy enough to add a quarantined variable to the struct, but I need a leaky quarantine.  Sort of like we have in the US where it’s voluntary so far.  Written in C using Xlib.  There’s one known bug then I’ll clean up the source and stick it on Sourceforge.

[Image: BNgWjgE.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PINE64 FOSDEM dinner, sat 3 Feb @ 8PM tllim 8 14,651 02-09-2018, 09:03 PM
Last Post: tllim
Information FOSDEM 2018 Blog! New PINE64 Boards, Upcoming Hardware and Much More! Luke 2 49,894 02-05-2018, 05:21 AM
Last Post: Luke
  PINE64 FOSDEM dinner, sat 4 Feb @ 8PM tllim 22 33,906 02-12-2017, 09:00 PM
Last Post: tllim
  Pine64 Kickstarter pineadmin 0 8,250 12-09-2015, 05:20 AM
Last Post: pineadmin