Screws and Spacers
Could someone please provide the specs for the screws and spacers?  I'm assuming that the screws are soome kind of standard size,  and that I can find replacements for the spacers if I know their dimensions.  I have removed the back cover at least a dozen times and have already lost two screws and have broken spacers . (One was broken when I received the notebook) If I knew what the specs were,  I am sure I could buy them online here (U.S.). 

Perhaps, in future devices, slightly larger screws could be used.

Also,  would it be possible to buy another bottom cover?  I would love to try putting a hinged port over the areas with the switches (emmc, serial, reset button, emmc socket) so that I wouldn't have to deal with the ten tiny screws.... :-)
This thread might help with replacing your spacers: https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=8333
(12-26-2019, 08:05 AM)tophneal Wrote: This thread might help with replacing your spacers: https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=8333

Thanks,  somehow my forum search didn't pick that up.  It seems to me that the spacer problem would be best solved by having a smalll female to male standoff that would screw into the case,  and into which one could screw the bottom of the case.  Probably nothing exists that is small enough.   Based on the measured dimensions,  it seems like the sceews are probably m2 or m2.something   .  I hope someone from Pine will answer.
(12-25-2019, 07:29 PM)belfastraven Wrote: Could someone please provide the specs for the screws and spacers? 

I asked for a BOM a while back.  When I get it, I'll put it up on the Wiki.
I lost 2 screws as well, so really looking for this too. Thanks
(12-26-2019, 01:50 PM)zaius Wrote:
(12-25-2019, 07:29 PM)belfastraven Wrote: Could someone please provide the specs for the screws and spacers? 

I asked for a BOM a while back.  When I get it, I'll put it up on the Wiki.
Thanks, looking for this, too.
I had bought a nice 'laptop screw assortment' from ebay, but none of them are nearly as small of size as
those in the Pinebook Pro case/cover screws.
Perhaps someone could list and post the screw sizes in the ' wiki ' ?
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
I just tried yet another assortment of screws. I have had some luck with using M2x4mm for the short screws and M2X6mm for the longer ones. These are cross recessed flat-head machine screws.

I still would really like to know what the original screws were supposed to be and I am still looking for appropriate spacers. I saw hrmullers message with measurements, but I haven't found anything appropriate around here yet.

I note that these screws I bought are all attracted (magnetic) to the screwdriver, whereas about half of the original ones were not.

As I mentioned before, I'd really like to buy an additional bottom cover, so that I can play with cutting a hinged port , to make using the switches/buttons and removing/replacing the EMMC easier.
As to your opening : May I suggest you consider using a sliding door rather than a hinged door ? just a thought.
or even an overlapping flat cover with 4 screws attaching it at the corners.
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
(12-31-2019, 01:55 PM)bcnaz Wrote: As to your opening :  May I suggest you consider using a sliding door rather than a hinged door  ?   just a thought.
or even an overlapping flat cover with 4 screws attaching it at the corners.
The intent would be to not have anything coming through the back of the case.  HInge would be super-glued to botom of case, as would fastener.  Slider could work if a track could be developed.  If I am able to but a case bottom or two,  I can try various options...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Screws on bottom case coming loose quadrantids 8 7,080 01-20-2021, 03:47 AM
Last Post: quadrantids
  Missing Screws missingchip 2 4,015 06-06-2020, 04:08 PM
Last Post: missingchip
  Alternative to the screws? MIchael 10 12,653 03-12-2020, 08:46 AM
Last Post: ab1jx