30.91%
Textures or photography
7.27%
Humor
3.64%
55 vote(s)
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Skins for the community
(01-23-2020, 05:00 AM)as400 Wrote: For me - these files you have attached look just great.

Just take my money Smile

Haha, we're getting there. Someone will be along shortly to take your money. Tongue
(01-23-2020, 07:06 AM)tophneal Wrote: Haha, we're getting there. Someone will be along shortly to take your money.  Tongue

"Someone" this sounds dangerously Tongue
(01-23-2020, 07:29 AM)as400 Wrote:
(01-23-2020, 07:06 AM)tophneal Wrote: Haha, we're getting there. Someone will be along shortly to take your money.  Tongue

"Someone" this sounds dangerously Tongue

Just be cool and don't look him in the eye... It'll all be over with soon. lol
(01-23-2020, 07:30 AM)tophneal Wrote: Just be cool and don't look him in the eye... It'll all be over with soon. lol

Tongue

And where is the last iteration of your wallpaper in proper resolution ?
(01-23-2020, 07:34 AM)as400 Wrote:
(01-23-2020, 07:30 AM)tophneal Wrote: Just be cool and don't look him in the eye... It'll all be over with soon. lol

Tongue

And where is the last iteration of your wallpaper in proper resolution ?

Uploading to the WP thread now.
New skin set on the horizon. Wanted to include the logo, but it doesn't translate to hexagons well, so I settled for using the logo colors specifically.  There's a few more tweaks I'll be making, such as finding out why each shape has a border I didn't set, and then I'll post previews of each piece. Strokes added by a script to make the hex grid (in the code) contacted dev to hopefully resolve without starting over.

EDIT: fixed thanks to one of my knowledgeable homies on the Ai subreddit. (Thank you Skanda8!)
[Image: e7NOMW9.jpg]
Thumbs Up 
Hello,
Good job with this, it looks like it will be awesome and I am very much looking forward to being able to order.

Personally the simplest designs would be best, I'd take a mate black skin with no logo for the top cover. It would keep true to the PBPro's design and help keep fingerprints away. A small grey Pine64 logo on the lower left or right corner would be alright.

Again, I am quite looking forward to ordering a set, I'm always nervous I'll scratch the machine and ruin it's pristine sexiness.

Cheers!
Just some guy

Thanks for the feedback. We likely wouldn't print a matte black skin to sit on a matte black surface. It's essentially a hat on a hat. Instead we're looking at clear options that bond well to the surface and let the PBP's own glory show through. There are already plans for these to include the Pine logo, but it would likely be centered. Don't worry though, I'm not a believer in large, obnoxious logos.

Stay posted on this, as we have a great "clear on clear" option we'll be exploring soon after our laminate options. Unfortunately a description of the appearance/print method won't do this idea the same justice as being able to show it to you, but we'll get there soon enough.
(01-25-2020, 07:11 AM)tophneal Wrote: Thanks for the feedback. We likely wouldn't print a matte black skin to sit on a matte black surface. It's essentially a hat on a hat. Instead we're looking at clear options that bond well to the surface and let the PBP's own glory show through. There are already plans for these to include the Pine logo, but it would likely be centered. Don't worry though, I'm not a believer in large, obnoxious logos.

Stay posted on this, as we have a great "clear on clear" option we'll be exploring soon after our laminate options. Unfortunately a description of the appearance/print method won't do this idea the same justice as being able to show it to you, but we'll get there soon enough.

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!
Just some guy

After trying to apply vynl on my own with a hobby knife... I'm ready to let the professionals do the hard work. ?

Attached Files
.jpg   take my money fry 26012020020711.jpg (Size: 94.23 KB / Downloads: 309)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Rainbow Community Wallpapers tophneal 15 14,746 06-09-2020, 09:54 PM
Last Post: SpoofyKid
  Just a thank you of creating a community device that makes HW fun again gabeeg 1 2,990 11-19-2019, 01:09 PM
Last Post: tophneal
  Pinebook Pro Community pre-order ending / public pre-order open on 25th Luke 8 13,052 08-26-2019, 09:31 PM
Last Post: mjsabby