PBP WiKi is up - do your share
The Pinebook Pro wiki is up (WIP at the time of writing).

@tllim started the PBP wiki a few days ago and I have contributed to it somewhat today. But it will ultimately be up to you guys to maintain it so its up-to-date and useful to others.

Anyone with 3 moderated posts on the forum can use their forum credentials and edit the page.

Especially you guys in the first 3 batches, please contribute. If you're in doubt where to start, please ping @zaius .

As for excuses for not contibuting:
Don't have much time? no problem - do a FAQ
Not technical? no problem - correct spelling 
Not a native speaker? no problem - upload pictures
Don't have a camera? no problem - edit layout
Don't know how to edit wiki? no problem - here are simple instructions

Wink
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

Early in the first page it mentions the datasheet for the keyboard and trackpad would be in a below section, but the keyboard datasheet isn't there. Is this available somewhere to add, or do I need to reverse engineer the keyboard matrix? Smile
Thumbs Up 
(10-01-2019, 06:23 PM)Luke Wrote: As for excuses for not contibuting:
Don't have much time? no problem - do a FAQ
Not technical? no problem - correct spelling 
Not a native speaker? no problem - upload pictures
Don't have a camera? no problem - edit layout
Don't know how to edit wiki? no problem - here are simple instructions

Wink

HAHAHA I like this way. No excuses allowed to not share back to the community.
Perfect.
Smile
Manjaro ARM Team.
Devices: Pinebook Pro & PinePhone.
What is the content licence on wiki? Can we use the content and images on Wikipedia?
(10-03-2019, 06:55 AM)Wizzard Wrote: What is the content licence on wiki? Can we use the content and images on Wikipedia?

Sure, grab whatever.

(10-03-2019, 02:08 AM)kazriko Wrote: Early in the first page it mentions the datasheet for the keyboard and trackpad would be in a below section, but the keyboard datasheet isn't there. Is this available somewhere to add, or do I need to reverse engineer the keyboard matrix? Smile

As Luke wrote, it's a work in progress.  So far, the devs have already added links to a large number of files, but it will take time for all of the datasheets, certifications, etc. to be published.

Anyway, this is a good page if you want to learn Wiki markup:

https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:Contents
Well, did my first Wiki update. Feel free to comment, add or revert.

Basically I did what I thought was clarification of the USB ports and NVMe;

https://wiki.pine64.org/index.php/Pinebo...sion_Ports

I have added to Wikipedia, and work Wikis, (as well as other other work
documentation). Sometimes people prefer simple, compact information.
I personally feel complete, clear and precise information is better in the
long term.

The people who wanted simple and compact, knew most of the information,
just needed details. Un-fortunately, new people, (even experienced new hires),
needed more complete information.
--
Arwen Evenstar
Princess of Rivendale
Thanks @Arwen

I have updated and properly described privacy switches: https://wiki.pine64.org/index.php/Pinebo...y_Switches
[edit] and added info on bootable devices: https://wiki.pine64.org/index.php/Pinebo...le_Storage

I'm thinking of adding some info to the wiki. As the main Pinebook pro page is getting kinda long, I'm thinking of creating a subpage -- actually I already did: https://wiki.pine64.org/index.php/Pinebo...ootloaders

There's not any actual content there yet.

But...I figured before I go too far down that path, I'd check in here to see what people think about subpages -- great idea, bad idea in general, good idea but let's use a different naming convention, etc...
@bsammon, Yes, in this case, I think a sub-page is appropriate. And I definately want boot loader information. Mostly so we can both describe the boot process, and allow people to make informed decisions on what to use. I like the idea of separate partitions for each section of the boot loader. Though some don't think it's worth the effort.

The community tested peripherals sections is already it's own page.

We should probably move the Technical info and perhaps the Trouble shooting sections to their own pages. But, that can wait for a bit.
--
Arwen Evenstar
Princess of Rivendale

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  pinebook pro wiki link on the website links to the wrong wiki entry Julius_GU 0 1,314 02-11-2021, 10:27 AM
Last Post: Julius_GU
  Pinebook Pro not powering on / not booting (tried things listed in wiki/forum) kiefer 16 18,371 02-24-2020, 08:04 PM
Last Post: kiefer
  How about a wiki link in the promo page? ab1jx 1 2,703 02-23-2020, 06:05 PM
Last Post: ab1jx
  tutorial in the forum or on the wiki for boot/bios chris_heath 1 4,737 11-18-2019, 03:54 AM
Last Post: evilbunny