RETRO-GAMING: ANNOUNCING BETA RELEASE OF RECALBOX FOR THE ROCKPRO64
Thank your for your answers. For the moment I'm just trying to have mame, libretro or snes games running in full size of my screen (19" 5/4).
I've read the README on your github (the one included in the .zip file) but I don't really find my answers.
I'm not sure of the settings I should change at first.
Concerning the extlinux.conf file, should I remove video=HDMI-A-1:1280x1024@60 like Luke told me ?
Or should I just wait for the next release ?
Removing the setting should just force the display to whatever the maximum detected resolution should be. And you're right, I'm sorry, I was thinking about the write-up in my latest release for the rock64, not the pro.
I'd encourage you to put video=HDMI-A-1:1280x1024@60 back in for your purposes. And you can try setting the aspect ratio inside the recalbox menu to see if it gets carried down to the libretro cores. You can also try different aspect ratio settings from inside a libretro core that's running by hitting the hotkey + X and then backing up the the settings->video section and cycling thru the different aspect ratios until you find one that's best for your needs.
Ok I've been playing with screen resolution during the whole afternoon but it's still driving me nuts  Huh
I've put the option HDMI-A-1:1280x1024@60 in extlinux.conf

I've made some screenshots to be clear.
When recalbox boots up, the screen is in the wanted 1280x1024 resolution (sorry image is not really good) :

[Image: IMG-20190218-172140.jpg]

The splash screen is cut surely because it's meant to be on full HD screens but it's not an issue for me.

Then comes the recalbox main menu which is, as you can see below, also in the correct resolution of 1280x1024 :

[Image: IMG-20190218-171115.jpg]

When I try to launch a game (mame, libretro, snes ...I tried almost all of them) the screen then turns into a 1280x720 resolution for a reason I don't understand :

[Image: IMG-20190218-172252.jpg]

I tried to change inside the libretro core by hitting the hotkey + X :

This is the core provided aspect ratio :

[Image: IMG-20190218-172358.jpg]

And this is when I try to change the custom aspect ratio settings. I can't get it into full screen, I always have parts of the screen that remain black (here on the right side) even when playing with the Ratio X position settings :

[Image: IMG-20190218-172547.jpg]

Well I'm not sure it's a RockPRo64 related problem but I'd like to be able to play the games full screen  Sleepy
Thank you
I'll try find time tonight to help you out - tomorrow at the latest.
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

pimseb: thanks for the post! I expect that At that resolution You're probably going to have black bars somewhere on the display no matter what you do in order to get the correct aspect ratio without cutting the image off . It needs to render at 4:3 usually. Otherwise the image will look stretched. The resolution changes to 720 due to a custom setting I have included. It detects that 720 is supported so it uses it because it's an optimal resolution for performance. I'll be investigating the option to let the user pick this resolution in a later release. But I expect you should be able to get it looking pretty good on your display at 720 with some config tweaks. Luke should be able to assist for sure.
I don't have a 4:3 screen, but it seems to me like LibreRetro cores shouldn't be an issue at all. Perhaps only saving the config and overwriting the existing one may be a bit tricky ...

Engaging Integer scaler and setting the aspect ratio to custom you can easily set custom aspect ratio height and width. Here is an example of a custom 608x448 aspect ratio 2x (first image) and below 304x224 (1x).
[Image: EzppuTP.jpg]

Here is the 1x :

[Image: tsfCj49.jpg]

If you turn off the integer scaler the entire rendered image should 'stick' to the top-left of your display. From there you can set the Aspect ratio width and height so that it works for your monitor. You can then use X/Y Aspect ratio position settings to center the image... in example, below is a screenshot of a custom 820x720 aspect ratio centered by adjusting X pos to 230. 

[Image: BQjGzMj.jpg]

Now, when you've got a setup that works well on your screen you'll want to save it (main menu -> configurations -> save new configuration). It will save to:

Code:
/recalbox/share/system/.config/retroarch/config/name_of_cfg.cfg

You want to use the values in this config to overwrite the default retroarch cfg that is used. After saving your .cfg, just follow these instructions from point 5 onward.

Guys thank you for helping out

I've tried to follow your settings Luke and I've made a video to show you how my screen acts : 

The main problem is that the image is never centered at the middle of my screen like on yours. So when I change the custom aspect ratio with Integerscale=On, I do see that the image resolution changes but it goes out of the screen. If I put "Integer scale=Off", the image won't go at the top left of the screen. At the end of the video I try to put the image on the right with the ratio x position value. But you'll see that I can't go really far. It's like if the screen was "cut" on the right side.
I think I had the same problem one year ago when I installed the raspberry version of recalbox, I can't really remember. I had also to change many settings before getting it fullscreen and I managed to do it with these values in my raspberry :

Code:
recalbox.conf
global.videomode=DMT 35 HDMI
global.integerscale=0
global.shaders=
global.ratio=5/4
global.smooth=1
global.rewind=1
global.autosave=0

/boot/config.txt
#hdmi_safe=1
disable_overscan=0
#hdmi_group=1
#hdmi_mode=1
hdmi_force_hotplug=1
# uncomment for composite PAL
#sdtv_mode=2
# uncomment for lirc-rpi
#dtoverlay=lirc-rpi
# if you plug your tv at the same time as your rpi and that the rpi switches from the hdmi or give a low resolution because tv had no enough time to initialize it
boot_delay=3
# uncomment if you don't want the rainbow at startup
disable_splash=1

retroarch.conf
crt_switch_resolution_use_custom_refresh_rate = "false"
crt_video_refresh_rate = "59.940060"
current_resolution_id = "0"
cursor_directory = "~/.config/retroarch/database/cursors"
custom_viewport_height = "1024"
custom_viewport_width = "1280"
custom_viewport_x = "3"
custom_viewport_y = "0"
desktop_menu_enable = "true"
discord_allow = "false"
dpi_override_enable = "false"
dpi_override_value = "200"
dynamic_wallpapers_directory = "default"
fastforward_ratio = "0.000000"
filter_by_current_core = "false"
flicker_filter_enable = "false"
flicker_filter_index = "0"
fps_show = false

Unfortunately I can't apply those settings to the rockpro64 as it's totally different from a raspberry
Now I understand; I'll need to look into this further. Think you could drop by the IRC or discord and talk to me directly  (approx. 22:00 UTC tonight)? - my handle is lukasz

[edit] or during the day tomorrow in the afternoon.
[edit 2] pretty sure (90%) its an overscan / underscan issue -  trying to figure out which flags you need and where.

Release thread here. Beta thread locked.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  yocto for RockPro64 Fide 1 631 01-16-2024, 10:01 AM
Last Post: Fide
  RockPro64 irradium (based on crux linux) riscv64, aarch64 mara 0 304 12-05-2023, 06:35 AM
Last Post: mara
  Installing Ubuntu Server on RockPro64 deutschlmao 2 2,487 10-29-2023, 04:43 PM
Last Post: brotherj4mes
  Vanilla mainline Debian 11 (Bullseye) on the RockPro64 Pete Tandy 22 16,715 08-16-2023, 01:34 AM
Last Post: varac
  slarm64 (unofficial slackware) ROCKPro64 RK3399 (aarch64) mara 54 81,797 08-11-2023, 11:13 AM
Last Post: mara
  How to enable CoreSight ETM trace on RockPro64 shpark 0 526 05-21-2023, 11:34 PM
Last Post: shpark
  Rockpro64 Dead on arrival? quixoticgeek 1 862 03-12-2023, 06:55 PM
Last Post: quixoticgeek
  RockPro64 boot questions misterc 3 1,462 01-13-2023, 06:21 PM
Last Post: misterc
  A fix for Bluetooth audio stuttering on the RockPro64 raph 2 1,549 01-03-2023, 06:53 PM
Last Post: raph
  hello i want to drive an edp screen with my rockpro64 hannescam 0 695 10-20-2022, 01:22 PM
Last Post: hannescam