EMMC Boot
So i got my EMMC to USB adapter today....flashed the image stretch-minimal-rockpro64-0.7.9-1067-arm64.img onto the emmc
And no joy.....Am i missing something? 
Do i have to use a special image? set a jumper?
Can you please use bionic-minimal, stretch have some problems atm.

bionic-minimal is booting fine from eMMC and you don't need a jumper or something else.
Sorry for any mistakes. English is not my native language

1. Quartz64 Model B, 4GB RAM

2. Quartz64 Model A, 4GB RAM

3. RockPro64 v2.1

https://linux-nerds.org/
(08-11-2018, 02:19 AM)Bullet64 Wrote: Can you please use bionic-minimal, stretch have some problems atm.

bionic-minimal is booting fine from eMMC and you don't need a jumper or something else.

I tried bionic-minimal burning the image on the usb to emmc and then placing the emmc on the board and it will not boot...It will boot fine with just the sd card but not just the emmc?
(08-12-2018, 01:38 AM)jerry110 Wrote:
(08-11-2018, 02:19 AM)Bullet64 Wrote: Can you please use bionic-minimal, stretch have some problems atm.

I tried bionic-minimal burning the image on the usb to emmc and then placing the emmc on the board and it will not boot...It will boot fine with just the sd card but not just the emmc?

After further testing it appears that the emmc module may be faulty....
(10-03-2018, 06:04 PM)jer ry110 Wrote:

How are you writing to the MMC?

Using Etcher to write the image to the MMC has worked without issue for me thus far.
(10-03-2018, 06:04 PM)jerry110 Wrote:

So, if you are using the Pine64 installer, it hasn't been updated to Ayufan's latest builds - (as of 3ish days ago), I usually pick up the builds from https://github.com/ayufan-rock64/linux-build/releases/  and I realized that I picked up the pre-release by mistake... I've been using bionic-lxde-rockpro64-0.7.11-1075-arm64.img.xz and was going to try to fix some things to try and get this &*#()#ing touchscreen to work.

I've bought 2 emmc units from Pine, a 32gb and a 64gb.  The 32 died within a few weeks, but the 64 has been going strong.  It doesn't matter if I use Etcher, Win32DiskImager, or the Pine64 installer, I get a popup - "[Window Title] Error [Main Instruction] You're not authorized to perform this operation [Content] Please ensure you have necessary permissions for this task [OK]"  -  I've screwed with my DCOM settings, disabled antivirus, disabled windows defender, I've updated my etcher client ( there was a faulty release, but I didn't have it ), etc.  I've done everything short of putting it under 500lb neodymium magnet for a few hours and I think mine's faulty as well.  I still haven't tried to dd it from a linux host, that might be my next step.   

Anyways, I'm starting to be content with my rockpro64.  The power charger they sent blew up, the first emmc crapped out, I have a wifi module and touchscreen I cant use, and I still have to check the IR remote and 13mp csi cam.  Even if I can get the camera working, I know it's going to be a fight to get opencv to play nice with it.

If that's the error you're getting, please post what you did if you ever manage to fix it.
I had this problem yesterday using etcher pine64 version, I get a popup - "[Window Title] Error [Main Instruction] You're not authorized to perform this operation [Content] Please ensure you have necessary permissions for this task [OK]" 

Fixed by running program as admin, Im yet to try my emmc because I did not buy adapter and don't have a 8gb SD card around but have to agree with you this software is really not doing a favor to a board that on specs I'd the best bang for the around and should have good performance, also waiting on a solution for wifi dingle and my USB wifi adapters don't wanna play with any kernel or version of Linux, sad sorry of many indeed Sad
(11-16-2018, 12:41 AM)NightCrawler504 Wrote: I had this problem yesterday using etcher pine64 version, I get a popup - "[Window Title] Error [Main Instruction] You're not authorized to perform this operation [Content] Please ensure you have necessary permissions for this task [OK]" 

Fixed by running program as admin, Im yet to try my emmc because I did not buy adapter and don't have a 8gb SD card around but have to agree with you this software is really not doing a favor to a board that on specs I'd the best bang for the around and should have good performance, also waiting on a solution for wifi dingle and my USB wifi adapters don't wanna play with any kernel or version of Linux, sad sorry of many indeed Sad

I just gave up and got a 9$ wifi USB wifi adapter from office Depot and I was up and running in 5 minutes after I figured out the netplan thing Wink

TP-link TL-WN725N if you want to know which one....

On the flip side, I might give Gentoo a try since this board is so damn fast Wink I'd rather keep ayufan's image running, but looking at dmesg makes me feel like I'm fixing a 500 bulb set of Christmas lights that has a bulb burnt out somewhere....
Can you link me on the how you got netplan to work?
Big Grin 
(11-17-2018, 12:18 AM)NightCrawler504 Wrote: Can you link me on the how you got netplan to work?

Fotget it got it :Big Grin ook me a while to get it up but finally allas, now to deal with the next on the list, thanks for the tip

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Boot/Shutdown on timer captainmorgan 8 5,784 11-01-2023, 12:08 PM
Last Post: Nikolay_Po
Question How do I compile an arbitrary kernel for U-Boot? Valenoern 3 991 06-16-2023, 10:54 AM
Last Post: CounterPillow
  RockPro64 boot questions misterc 3 1,463 01-13-2023, 06:21 PM
Last Post: misterc
  Is some u-boot required on the SPI for installing debian with the official installer? callegar 1 1,273 10-25-2022, 10:07 AM
Last Post: ratzzupaltuff
Brick Maintained Linux booting from eMMC ootoovak 10 7,883 04-30-2022, 03:57 PM
Last Post: TRS-80
  A Rant About Pine, Other Distros, & Still Trying to Get Fedora Booting From eMMC. whitecat23 8 5,370 01-31-2022, 04:05 PM
Last Post: TRS-80
  How I Got Fedora Linux to Boot From eMMC (or microSD, for that matter) whitecat23 4 4,081 01-03-2022, 10:32 AM
Last Post: whitecat23
  New user: Booting from emmc spropine 1 1,394 12-17-2021, 09:37 AM
Last Post: spropine
  Overlays not loading at boot - ROCKPRO64 on Armbian rookieone 0 1,275 09-28-2021, 04:10 AM
Last Post: rookieone
Question cannot boot openSUSE - what am I doing wrong? Mentaluproar 2 2,353 08-12-2021, 04:58 AM
Last Post: igorp