No Boot
Sad 
Hi Guys,

I just received my ROCKPRO64, but I have severe problems to get it to boot.
I prepared a SD card using the PINE64 Intaller, I have tried various OS offerings, Linux, Android, etc.
But none of them seem to boot the RockPro64.
The power supply is perfectly fine, it is capable if providing 12V@4A.
I even tried another power supply, same effect.
The board seems to be supplied, at the GPIO connector I can measure 5V as well as 3.3V.
The Ethernet LEDs are blinking if I plugin a network cable.
The Power button seems also to shut down the board if I press long enought (Ethernet LEDs turn off),
and by pressing the Power Button the Ethernet LED turn back on.
But under no circumstances I get a video out on HDMI, not can I see that the board has requested
a IP address.
So, it looks like as if the board is not booting from SD card at all.

Unfortunately I forgot to order an eMMC card as well, so I cannot check whether it boots from eMMC.

I placed already an order, but I have to wait a few more days for the eMMC card to arrive.

Is ther a special trick to get the board booted from SD card?
If there any other way I could check whether the board is atcually working, booting from USB maybe?

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thx
Daniel
I didn't see the correct OS images under the PINE64 Installer for this. so I flashed with Etcher. I did it to the eMMC. I did order the USB adapter for that. so you might want to try Etcher as well. I haven't tried a SD card yet.
(07-27-2018, 02:36 PM)Firesped Wrote: I didn't see the correct OS images under the PINE64 Installer for this. so I flashed with Etcher. I did it to the eMMC. I did order the USB adapter for that. so you might want to try Etcher as well. I haven't tried a SD card yet.

I got it to work. Indeed, PINE64 does not offer ROCKPRO64 compatible images (why not???), obviously.
I was always trying ROCK64 images, which do not work.
Meanwhile I found the right images, and have it up and running.  Big Grin

Many Thx
(07-27-2018, 02:44 PM)mysli Wrote:
(07-27-2018, 02:36 PM)Firesped Wrote: I didn't see the correct OS images under the PINE64 Installer for this. so I flashed with Etcher. I did it to the eMMC. I did order the USB adapter for that. so you might want to try Etcher as well. I haven't tried a SD card yet.

I got it to work. Indeed, PINE64 does not offer ROCKPRO64 compatible images (why not???), obviously.

Many Thx

Quote:PINE64 does not offer ROCKPRO64 compatible images (why not???

Because the board was just released to end-users and ayufan 'just' released 0.7.9 the other day. I'll update the WiKi (again) on monday and then the Pine Installer will be updated soon after ...
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

(07-27-2018, 04:15 PM)Luke Wrote:
(07-27-2018, 02:44 PM)mysli Wrote:

Many Thx

Quote:PINE64 does not offer ROCKPRO64 compatible images (why not???

Because the board was just released to end-users and ayufan 'just' released 0.7.9 the other day. I'll update the WiKi (again) on monday and then the Pine Installer will be updated soon after ...
I'm a noob at this stuff and I just got my Rockpro64 and it is not turning on.
I know I'm doing something wrong, or forgetting to do something else, but all I can get is the power in LED and the network lights. The Hdd I have plugged in sounds to be spinning, but that is it. No image at the screen whatsoever.
I tryied with a 16gb eMMC drive and with a 32gb memory card, both with linux mint 19 image in them.
If you guys could help me , I would very much appreciate ??
(12-05-2018, 10:08 AM)drluispaulo Wrote: I tryied with a 16gb eMMC drive and with a 32gb memory card, both with linux mint 19 image in them.

Does linux mint produce a rp64/arm64 image? There is bionic mate images produce by ayufan:

https://github.com/ayufan-rock64/linux-build/releases/
(12-05-2018, 10:08 AM)drluispaulo Wrote: I'm a noob at this stuff and I just got my Rockpro64 and it is not turning on.
I know I'm doing something wrong, or forgetting to do something else, but all I can get is the power in LED and the network lights. The Hdd I have plugged in sounds to be spinning, but that is it. No image at the screen whatsoever.
I tryied with a 16gb eMMC drive and with a 32gb memory card, both with linux mint 19 image in them.

I am no aware of a working Mint image for RockPro64 but could be wrong.

Would recommend you remove everything from your board except keyboard and minimal Ubuntu image on the SDcard to establish some confidence that the board works.

After which you can try add LAN, mouse, HDD, a different image, the eMMC etc.
  • ROCKPro64 v2.1 2GB, 16Gb eMMC for rootfs, SX8200Pro 512GB NVMe for /home, HDMI video & sound, Bluetooth keyboard & mouse. Arch (6.2 kernel, Openbox desktop) for general purpose daily PC.
  • PinePhone Pro Explorer Edition, daily driver, rk2aw & U-boot on SPI, Arch/SXMO & Arch/phosh on eMMC
  • PinePhone BraveHeart now v1.2b 3/32Gb, Tow-boot with Arch/SXMO on eMMC
(12-08-2018, 12:43 PM)dukla2000 Wrote:
(12-05-2018, 10:08 AM)drluispaulo Wrote: I'm a noob at this stuff and I just got my Rockpro64 and it is not turning on.

I am no aware of a working Mint image for RockPro64 but could be wrong.

Would recommend you remove everything from your board except keyboard and minimal Ubuntu image on the SDcard to establish some confidence that the board works.

After which you can try add LAN, mouse, HDD, a different image, the eMMC etc.

Yes! I finally did it! thanks guys!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  enble boot after power loss/restore dkebler 18 8,944 12-04-2023, 12:14 PM
Last Post: ok38
  Mainline U-Boot with SPI, NVMe and SATA boot support sigmaris 108 116,546 09-25-2023, 12:46 AM
Last Post: ChriChri
Bug Broken boot: What am I missing? mkosarek 1 607 09-08-2023, 08:14 AM
Last Post: wdt
  Unable to boot Armbian on new RockPro64 mooseball 5 4,086 07-14-2023, 08:59 AM
Last Post: rockjonn
  no boot white led flashing moserwi 7 4,108 05-18-2023, 10:46 AM
Last Post: wdt
  u-boot locked on pine64pro ljones 1 1,477 09-06-2022, 10:32 AM
Last Post: ljones
  Cannot get my board to boot deutschlmao 11 7,831 09-05-2022, 04:23 PM
Last Post: ljones
  U-BOOT Tutorial hazz 0 1,109 07-19-2022, 10:48 PM
Last Post: hazz
  Installation Debian on emmc: which U-Boot and where? vongillus 3 2,676 07-02-2022, 09:24 AM
Last Post: dkebler
  ROCKPRO64 PCI SSD SD-boot Install pspgarret 0 1,116 06-09-2022, 10:56 AM
Last Post: pspgarret