Worked first time, but anoying speaker clicks
I followed all the instructions on the Wiki.  Using a cheap 2A power supply (nothing fancy), Transcend 32GB UHS-1 card, LG D2342 monitor and a £9 air mouse.  Initial boot takes a while. Eventually Android loaded, at which point I launched the Play store, then I connected the LAN (it helps).

As a test I installed Kodi and am currently watching a 1080p movie located on my NAS.  I was surprised it just worked.  Might try something more adventurous tomorrow.

The only problem is when I change screens or launch an app I get a loud click over the speakers.  It could just be my speaker setup, but is anyone else getting the same?
Hi, is this a 2gb board?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
(04-13-2016, 01:43 AM)s21 Wrote: Hi, is this a 2gb board?

No, 1GB.  Also found after the move finished and I had a play with the browser (wanted a better wallpaper), I got several messages stating apps had stopped responding, mostly Launcher 3 and ES file explorer.  I'll try it again this evening and see if it still does it.  If is doesn't I'll add some heat sinks and repeat the first test, to see if its a temperature thing.
I have a 2gb board and have much the same problems however my network speed is too slow to do anything, dodgy ethernet port i reckon! my new board is on its way,also think the os image needs updated

Downloading Kodi felt very slow, although it streamed the 1080p movie without a single glitch. I'll try some network benchmarks this evening as well.
Using Ookla Speed test and a few runs on PC (LAN), Samsung Note 2 (WiFi) and Pine64, the PC and Note 2 average about 12Mbps download and 1Mbps upload, the Pine64 only 2Mbps download, but 1Mbps upload. Need to find someway of testing the LAN speed now.

Now things are getting silly. Play store keeps stopping, as does ES file and Clock. I soldered in two switches for power and reset. power will turn off, but not back on. To turn back on I had to use the reset button.
(04-13-2016, 01:13 PM)ecotack Wrote: Using Ookla Speed test and a few runs on PC (LAN), Samsung Note 2 (WiFi) and Pine64, the PC and Note 2 average about 12Mbps download and 1Mbps upload, the Pine64 only 2Mbps download, but 1Mbps upload.  Need to find someway of testing the LAN speed now.

Now things are getting silly.  Play store keeps stopping, as does ES file and Clock.  I soldered in two switches for power and reset.  power will turn off, but not back on.  To turn back on I had to use the reset button.

Iperf is one of the preferred standards. Requires a client machine and a server machine. There are clients for android, linux, windows, and I believe I have seen a mac one. I even have a copy that runs on dd-wrt on my router. 

I have a feeling the android build needs some serious network attention.
After reading some of the other posts, I tried connecting the Pine64+ to a 100M switch (as opposed to my 1G switch). This appears to have helped a great deal. Ookla Speed test showing same speeds on Pine64+ as my Windows PC. The LAN its now fast enough to use as a media player. Apps are still flaky with frequent not responding errors. Looking forward to updates.
(05-02-2016, 01:21 PM)ecotack Wrote: Apps are still flaky with frequent not responding errors.  Looking forward to updates.

Already possible. Update your SD card to one that does not show ultra low random I/O performance and you're done.
(04-13-2016, 05:27 AM)s21 Wrote: I have a 2gb board and have much the same problems however my network speed is too slow to do anything, dodgy ethernet port i reckon! my new board is on its way,also think the os image needs updated

Hello S21, do you believe that the problem with gigabit ethernet is hardware related? I'm also experiencing very slow speeds on my board when using gigabit connection (bellow 1KB/sec!). Did you ask for a new board? How did you reported the problem?

Thanks.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  USB Mic + HDMI Speaker jack_shepherd 0 1,914 11-27-2017, 03:27 AM
Last Post: jack_shepherd
  Speaker at Euler Bus tommypine 1 2,633 04-18-2017, 07:11 PM
Last Post: psychedup
  How to Make a Pine with Android 7.0 Stay on All the Time? Bob123456789 3 5,107 04-05-2017, 01:12 PM
Last Post: Bob123456789
  Play Store stops running every time thehamguy1 15 17,106 07-10-2016, 01:04 PM
Last Post: Raslin777@gmail.com