pinebook won't power up or charge
Hello,  I don't use my pinebook often so it seems like after a few days of non use the batteries loose there charge and usually I can just plug it in for a few hours and get it to power on.  This time I've left it plugged in for 2 hours + and I still am unable to get any indication that it's ever charging.  I've held the power button down for several seconds, which usually will turn the green power light on and if it can't boot it will show a battery charging icon on the screen.  I'm not sure when/how but there is a little light next to the power port that turns on.  It's not turned on.  The last time I charged this unit the plastic on the case above the power port would get very hot.  I'm also using the power adapter that came with the pinebook.  Is there something else I can try or is this thing toast?
(08-03-2017, 11:15 AM)eclay Wrote: Hello,  I don't use my pinebook often so it seems like after a few days of non use the batteries loose there charge and usually I can just plug it in for a few hours and get it to power on.  This time I've left it plugged in for 2 hours + and I still am unable to get any indication that it's ever charging.  I've held the power button down for several seconds, which usually will turn the green power light on and if it can't boot it will show a battery charging icon on the screen.  I'm not sure when/how but there is a little light next to the power port that turns on.  It's not turned on.  The last time I charged this unit the plastic on the case above the power port would get very hot.  I'm also using the power adapter that came with the pinebook.  Is there something else I can try or is this thing toast?

For starters follow these instructions and report back if it worked.
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

(08-03-2017, 11:28 AM)Luke Wrote:
(08-03-2017, 11:15 AM)eclay Wrote: Hello,  I don't use my pinebook often so it seems like after a few days of non use the batteries loose there charge and usually I can just plug it in for a few hours and getj it to power on.  This time I've left it plugged in for 2 hours + and I still am unable to get any indication that it's ever charging.  I've held the power button down for several seconds, which usually will turn the green power light on and if it can't boot it will show a battery charging icon on the screen.  I'm not sure when/how but there is a little light next to the power port that turns on.  It's not turned on.  The last time I charged this unit the plastic on the case above the power port would get very hot.  I'm also using the power adapter that came with the pinebook.  Is there something else I can try or is this thing toast?

I did the plug unplug 15 times and then left it plugged in for 3 hr.  Still not power on or giving any indication that it's charging.
(08-03-2017, 02:52 PM)eclay Wrote:
(08-03-2017, 11:15 AM)eclay Wrote: Hello,  I don't use my pinebook often so it seems like after a few days of non use the batteries loose there charge and usually I can just plug it in for a few hours and getj it to power on.  This time I've left it plugged in for 2 hours + and I still am unable to get any indication that it's ever charging.  I've held the power button down for several seconds, which usually will turn the green power light on and if it can't boot it will show a battery charging icon on the screen.  I'm not sure when/how but there is a little light next to the power port that turns on.  It's not turned on.  The last time I charged this unit the plastic on the case above the power port would get very hot.  I'm also using the power adapter that came with the pinebook.  Is there something else I can try or is this thing toast?

I did the plug unplug 15 times and then left it plugged in for 3 hr.  Still not power on or giving any indication that it's charging.

leave it plugged in for longer (although 3hrs should be enough). If this doesn't work, join the IRC and someone should be able to help you troubleshoot.

(08-03-2017, 03:21 PM)Luke Wrote:

leave it plugged in for longer (although 3hrs should be enough). If this doesn't work, join the IRC and someone should be able to help you troubleshoot.

Interesting, I've had it plugged in for a total of 5hr today not all continuous.  I will leave it powered on over night and if it's still not working I will hit up the IRC folks.
(08-03-2017, 04:06 PM)eclay Wrote:
(08-03-2017, 03:21 PM)Luke Wrote:

Interesting, I've had it plugged in for a total of 5hr today not all continuous.  I will leave it powered on over night and if it's still not working I will hit up the IRC folks.

Just helping another user with the same problem in IRC. If it doesn't work in the morning then yes, do join the IRC ... also do read this thread

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  pinebook 1080p power/barrel connector/cable cel 0 485 08-03-2023, 11:43 AM
Last Post: cel
  eMMC compatible with Pinebook leperotero 0 1,309 07-19-2022, 07:15 AM
Last Post: leperotero
Heart [solved] Anyone selling their Pinebook? feyn 0 1,154 07-11-2022, 03:38 PM
Last Post: feyn
  Move PB Pro eMMC 128 GB to Pinebook 11 1080p petet0n76 1 1,538 06-07-2022, 10:35 PM
Last Post: tllim
  UART switch Pinebook 11.6" irongarment 3 3,181 01-03-2022, 03:28 AM
Last Post: kqlnut
Exclamation "6" Key direly needed for 11" Pinebook Corkonian 1 2,509 09-25-2021, 12:03 AM
  Pinebook 14 " Battery Swollen/Bulged billjon 1 3,514 01-13-2021, 11:03 AM
Last Post: barray
  touchpad on pinebook issues? ron_burgundy 14 13,440 12-19-2020, 06:55 PM
Last Post: ron_burgundy
  Pinebook doesn't charge anymore Reinoud 0 2,615 08-20-2020, 08:18 AM
Last Post: Reinoud
Information How To Setup Serial Console Cable Over the Pinebook MarkHaysHarris777 4 22,638 07-02-2020, 06:33 PM