Ship date question
So the Rock64 initially indicated a ship date of 7/31.  Has anyonr actually received shipping confirmation?  

The date has now moved to 8/30, and I am trying to understand if this is a slippage of all ship dates or if this relates to new orders and that previous orders were still shipping on or near 7/31.  In case it matters, I ordered on 7/14 and have not seen any shipping confirmation information.

Thank you!
(08-02-2017, 05:39 AM)Luke Wrote:
(08-02-2017, 05:28 AM)jl_678 Wrote: So the Rock64 initially indicated a ship date of 7/31.  Has anyonr actually received shipping confirmation?  

The date has now moved to 8/30, and I am trying to understand if this is a slippage of all ship dates or if this relates to new orders and that previous orders were still shipping on or near 7/31.  In case it matters, I ordered on 7/14 and have not seen any shipping confirmation information.

Thank you!

30th of August is the second batch. The first batch was only delayed by a day (due to testing). The first batch of Rock64's should be soaring through the skies to their owners this very moment.

Great!  Should those first batch of owners received some kind of shipping confirmation?  I am hoping that I am in the first batch but have no idea if my order made the cut.
My order was at 18th July and I didn't get any confirmation too. Not sure are they delivering pre orders from last years first!!
I ordered on 7/19 ... Crossing my fingers, that my order was in the 1st batch.

Jake
Okay, thank you all for the update.  I guess we will have to wait and see, but it sounds like shipping confirmations may not have been sent at least that is what I am telling myself. Big Grin

Regarding pre-orders, didn't they only open up on July 4th?  I saw a mention of orders last year and do not think that orders then were possible.
I ordered before first shipment date too and I have not received any shipping confirmation.
Are we supposed to ?
I am not sure but saw the reply below from @tllim on a Pinebook thread asking the same question. I would guess that the same answer applies here.

Shipping folks fully focus on shipping out the Pinebook and hopefully to clear out most shipment today. Please allow few days to update tracking number

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Mine was ordered on July 13th. I guess I can start watching the sky now ...
Just a quick update, it appears I have relayed incorrect information. 

The first batch will go out this coming weekend (August 5-6th). Tracking numbers should follow next week. 

My apologies.

edit: I removed my previous post to prevent confusion.
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

(08-03-2017, 04:06 AM)Luke Wrote: Just a quick update, it appears I have relayed incorrect information. 

The first batch will go out this coming weekend (August 5-6th). Tracking numbers should follow next week. 

My apologies.

edit: I removed my previous post to prevent confusion.

Thanks for the update, Luke. It's highly appreciated. I guess most of us can tolerate a delay of a week or two. It is usually the deafening silence that people find it disenchanting.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Quick question about the SPDIF header theophile 2 3,884 09-29-2020, 06:13 PM
Last Post: tllim
  Thinking about byuing a Rock64 and some question before Osiander 2 3,298 12-22-2017, 02:15 PM
Last Post: Osiander
  Newbie question - should a Rock64 with no mmc card still output some video ? sgk 6 7,882 10-14-2017, 08:16 PM
Last Post: fusionneur
  Shipement date ach 1 2,552 09-29-2017, 05:01 AM
Last Post: dahni
  Performance question - Rock64 vs A64+ vs RPi 3 jl_678 21 35,534 07-29-2017, 03:06 PM
Last Post: jl_678