Retroarch on A64
(07-27-2017, 07:09 AM)KryPtAlIvIaN Wrote: Have all the cores been downloaded in these images?

yea. But use the script for now, we added pulseaudio (since there currently is no audio) and that borked the installation - think pfeerick already got an idea where to start looking at what went wrong Tongue
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

This is the most exciting project going on right now. Just when many of us (including myself) lost hope of the Pine64 when jide announced no more remix os, this project pops up and restores faith and has the whole community excited. I am cheering for everyone involved in this project and cannot wait for the future of it. Thank you to all involved!
(07-31-2017, 08:15 AM)fdeschape Wrote: This is the most exciting project going on right now. Just when many of us (including myself) lost hope of the Pine64 when jide announced no more remix os, this project pops up and restores faith and has the whole community excited. I am cheering for everyone involved in this project and cannot wait for the future of it. Thank you to all involved!

Not sure that Jide dropping commercial RemixOS support is a particularly big deal to be completely honest ;Wink
Regardless, I am glad you like this side project. All credit goes to ayufan either way, as this is all based on his work and pfeerick for actually building this image. 

Will try to get hold of pfeerick in the coming days as the following things remain to be done/fixed...

Minor things, which can be done easily:
1) Set the wallpaper by default in config 
2) Improve Neo Geo performance 

More significant things to fix: 
1) N64 emulation
2) PSX emulation 

Features to add: 
BT and Wifi support from retroarch gui

(07-31-2017, 10:44 AM)Luke Wrote:
(07-31-2017, 08:15 AM)fdeschape Wrote: This is the most exciting project going on right now. Just when many of us (including myself) lost hope of the Pine64 when jide announced no more remix os, this project pops up and restores faith and has the whole community excited. I am cheering for everyone involved in this project and cannot wait for the future of it. Thank you to all involved!

Not sure that Jide dropping commercial RemixOS support is a particularly big deal to be completely honest ;Wink
Regardless, I am glad you like this side project. All credit goes to ayufan either way, as this is all based on his work and pfeerick for actually building this image. 

Will try to get hold of pfeerick in the coming days as the following things remain to be done/fixed...

Minor things, which can be done easily:
1) Set the wallpaper by default in config 
2) Improve Neo Geo performance 

More significant things to fix: 
1) N64 emulation
2) PSX emulation 

Features to add: 
BT and Wifi support from retroarch gui

@lukasz, I have meet up with Remix (Jide) co-founer and knows why the commercial RemixOS drop. However, I cannot disclose the information.
Could someone share config file for this build? I trying to run it in Pinebook and standard config is too laggy
Thanks for working on this project, my pine64 was sitting in the box since the kickstarter until I stumbled on this thread. I'm running the latest image and have had very few problems beyond occasional freezing. I impressing the power switch briefly always brings it back.

Has anyone been able to get multi tap working on any of the SNES emulators? I'm able to bind all my controllers, but I don't have the option in the input user binds/device type and there are no core specific options.

Thanks
(08-08-2017, 04:22 PM)shirman Wrote: Could someone share config file for this build? I trying to run it in Pinebook and standard config is too laggy

Here is config. How exactly are you trying to run it on your Pinebook ?

Sweet work! Could this be run next to a plex server running on Ubuntu? (https://www.stdin.xyz/downloads/people/l...es/ubuntu/)
(09-06-2017, 04:33 PM)Settler11 Wrote: Sweet work! Could this be run next to a plex server running on Ubuntu? (https://www.stdin.xyz/downloads/people/l...es/ubuntu/)

If you're using the script then you can install it on just about any debian/ ubuntu installation alongside anything else that's running on the unit.

hello, first post

fwiw the latest image provided by pfeerick in the first post, 0.7.5.8, boots no issues and has a smooth running menu on my OrangePi Win Plus which is a64 based. Just wanted to say thanks for the great work. I cant wait to put in some testing hours once my new gamepad arrives

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Retroarch gamepad issue birdcatx7 6 12,111 04-09-2020, 04:01 PM
Last Post: lawrencejd
  Retroarch or Retropine lawrencejd 2 5,774 04-09-2020, 03:59 PM
Last Post: lawrencejd