Retroarch gamepad issue
I have my ps2 controller configured and can browse the UI all day. But once I launch into a game, my gamepad ceases to work and I have to exit to home and force close Retroarch. I figure I must be missing a setting somewhere. Ideas?
PINE A64+ w/ 2GB SDRAM, 8GB MicroSD Card, Basic Media Remote, Acrylic Open Enclosure, Wifi/Bluetooth Module, 5V 2A Power Supply.
Backer number #26,231  + KS Funded Jan 16, 2016 + Backerkit funded March 10, 2016

Go back into mapping and make sure that the numbers to the right of the button aren't set to 0. I was having the same issue but with a Xbox 360 controller and wireless adapter. Also are you using retroarch in Android?
Yes I am

I had to remove the PS2 controller and use a third party wired xbox controller. I had the ps2 controller connected to a usb adapter. The pine must have problems with it for some reason, because I've used it just fine without special third party software on my pc.
PINE A64+ w/ 2GB SDRAM, 8GB MicroSD Card, Basic Media Remote, Acrylic Open Enclosure, Wifi/Bluetooth Module, 5V 2A Power Supply.
Backer number #26,231  + KS Funded Jan 16, 2016 + Backerkit funded March 10, 2016

(06-28-2016, 02:21 PM)KryPtAlIvIaN Wrote: Go back into mapping and make sure that the numbers to the right of the button aren't set to 0. I was having the same issue but with a Xbox 360 controller and wireless adapter. Also are you using retroarch in Android?

How did you get the wireless 360 controller(s) working?  Fairly new to this, wondering what needs to be done or if plugging in the adapter "just works"...which I highly doubt.
(06-30-2016, 07:28 PM)Cloakboy Wrote:
(06-28-2016, 02:21 PM)KryPtAlIvIaN Wrote: Go back into mapping and make sure that the numbers to the right of the button aren't set to 0. I was having the same issue but with a Xbox 360 controller and wireless adapter. Also are you using retroarch in Android?

How did you get the wireless 360 controller(s) working?  Fairly new to this, wondering what needs to be done or if plugging in the adapter "just works"...which I highly doubt.

It was plug and play for me. Android recognized everything and I used the controller to navigate android. When I went into RetroArch to map the buttons, only half of them would map.
(07-01-2016, 08:45 AM)KryPtAlIvIaN Wrote:
(06-30-2016, 07:28 PM)Cloakboy Wrote:

It was plug and play for me. Android recognized everything and I used the controller to navigate android. When I went into RetroArch to map the buttons, only half of them would map.

All working OK.  Are you having signal issues?  My 360 controller lights are constantly spinning but they work... mostly.  They cut in and out especially if I'm farther away, but not any farther than when I use the same exact adapter with my laptop in the same exact spot by the tv.  Frustrating when jump doesn't register or "walk left/right" gets "stuck" and I don't stop (Super Mario on Snes9x).  There also is a delay between pressing and action on tv. 
Just wondering if you're experiencing same issues.  I'm running the latest Android w/touchscreen support build.
Hello everyone, I'm using pine a64 and installing retroarch, everything smooth but when i connect xbox 360 controller its keep blinking even i installed the driver using this command sudo apt-get install xboxdrv

can anyone help me out?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Wink Retroarch on A64 Luke 41 73,280 01-28-2022, 04:56 AM
Last Post: alanwake82
  Retroarch or Retropine lawrencejd 2 5,757 04-09-2020, 03:59 PM
Last Post: lawrencejd