Need Clarification: KS Pledge Description vs. BackerKit Description
Question 
Hi all! This is literally my first post here on the Pine forum, so I apologize if it's not in the right section.

I am having some trouble figuring out what I'm getting from my base pledge vs. what it says on BackerKit. I pledged for the "$89 Pine A64+ Bow w/ Touch Screen" on Kickstarter. According to the Kickstarter reward description, I am supposed to be getting the following: 
  • PINE A64+ 1GB unit along with 64GB MicroSD Pre-Loaded with Android 5.1 OS
  • 802.11N Wifi + Bluetooth 4.0
  • PINE64 Power Supply
  • 7" LCD touchscreen panel
  • the PINE64 Enclosure
  • 2GB upgrade available for $10 later.

My problem is that BackerKit seems to use another description, so now I'm not sure exactly what I'm getting from my base pledge. I am trying to avoid ordering double components that I'll already be getting from my base pledge. So here is what it says in BackerKit (I'll list my questions/comments alongside in blue and red): 
  • 1 64GB MicroSD Android (This is clear . . . a 64GB MicroSD that's pre-loaded with Android.)
  • 1 7" LCD Touch Screen (This is clear . . . I get the touch screen.)
  • 1 PINE64 ABS PlayBox Enclosure (This is not clear. I see that there's a PlayBox enclosure that seems to hold the screen, PINE64, and battery. So does this mean that I won't be getting the clear PINE64 enclosure mentioned above that was shown during the campaign? Or will I be getting both the PlayBox AND the clear enclosure?)
  • 1 PINE 64 USA Power Supply (This is clear . . . getting a USA power supply cord.)
  • 1 802.11BGN  Wifi/BT 4.0 Module (This is clear . . . getting the wifi/Bluetooth 4.0 module)
  • 1 PlayBox Kit (This is not clear . . . there is no mention of a PlayBox Kit on BackerKit. It can't be the same thing as the PlayBox Enclosure listed above. There's a "Media Kit" listed in BackerKit, but I can't assume that they're the same thing. So what is this PlayBox Kit and which components does it include?)
  • 1 PINE A64+2GB (This is clear . . . This is my PINE with the 2gb upgrade.)

So can anyone here clarify the points in red above? I'd like to know what those things mean before adding in extra add-ons. As as said, I'd hate to order doubles of anything I'm already getting. Thanks in advance to anyone who can provide me with some sure answers!  Smile

Thanks so much for chatting with me! Have an awesome day! 

Find me on most social media channels under the screen name MashaT22. My favorite ones are:

Periscope: http://www.periscope.tv/MashaT22
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/MashaT22

Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/MashaT22

Please follow and chat with me! 
Hi MashaT22!

To clarify, yes, I believe if you want the clear open acrylic enclosure, you will need to add it separately.

As for the mysterious 'Playbox kit', I'm...a bit mystified myself. There is no mention of it on Backerkit if you are trying to upgrade to the $89 tier, only it seems if you are already at that tier.

Maybe somebody has a clue about this?

It could just be an oversight, perhaps the name of the whole kit that has somehow ended up appearing to be a component of that kit.
(02-22-2016, 12:33 AM)SkairkrohBule Wrote: Hi MashaT22!

To clarify, yes, I believe if you want the clear open acrylic enclosure, you will need to add it separately.

As for the mysterious 'Playbox kit', I'm...a bit mystified myself. There is no mention of it on Backerkit if you are trying to upgrade to the $89 tier, only it seems if you are already at that tier.

It could just be an oversight, perhaps the name of the whole kit that has somehow ended up appearing to be a component of that kit.

I have ask Johnson who organize the Backerkit and still waiting for his answer.
... TL
(02-22-2016, 08:06 AM)tllim Wrote:

... TL
Interested in this too

... TL

Thanks for trying to find out, Tim! I would have replied to your post sooner to check back in with you, but I've had some family matters. I've been watching for a firm reply from you, but with all you have to keep track of, you probably forgot to let me know or didn't get an answer yourself. No worries!  Smile  I'm amazed you can remember your own name with all you need to do for this campaign, lol! So I'm still left with two primary questions:

1) Any updates on my original post regarding the PlayBox thing?

2) Do we know for certain that the acrylic case must be added to my order, as others here have supposed? I was under the impression that it was supposed to be included for all tier levels according to various campaign updates/info, but maybe I misunderstood something?

I'm still waiting to finalize my BackerKit until I know with 100% certainty what I'm getting . . . or not . . . lol! It's pretty important because I'd hate to add-on something to my order that I'm already possibly getting and don't need. I've never been so tardy with submitting a BackerKit survey, but you probably can understand my hesitation since I don't want to over spend or miss getting component that I need to immediately get started with my Pine. I don't know how many other surveys are still outstanding as of now, and while it won't account for all of the missing surveys, I know others have posted elsewhere that they were confused about these very same things.

When you get some kind of sure answer, please let me know so that I can submit my BackerKit survey ASAP . . . and then get my order sooner than later! Thanks SO much for all you're doing in general and for helping me out here!   Cool Big Grin

(03-10-2016, 10:57 PM)CHRISPman Wrote:

... TL
Interested in this too

Did you ever get an answer? I just wrote back to Tim above, so maybe he'll come back with an answer for us.

Thanks so much for chatting with me! Have an awesome day! 

Find me on most social media channels under the screen name MashaT22. My favorite ones are:

Periscope: http://www.periscope.tv/MashaT22
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/MashaT22

Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/MashaT22

Please follow and chat with me! 
(03-16-2016, 09:56 AM)MashaT22 Wrote:

... TL

Thanks for trying to find out, Tim! I would have replied to your post sooner to check back in with you, but I've had some family matters. I've been watching for a firm reply from you, but with all you have to keep track of, you probably forgot to let me know or didn't get an answer yourself. No worries!  Smile  I'm amazed you can remember your own name with all you need to do for this campaign, lol! So I'm still left with two primary questions:

2) Do we know for certain that the acrylic case must be added to my order, as others here have supposed? I was under the impression that it was supposed to be included for all tier levels according to various campaign updates/info, but maybe I misunderstood something?

I'm still waiting to finalize my BackerKit until I know with 100% certainty what I'm getting . . . or not . . . lol! It's pretty important because I'd hate to add-on something to my order that I'm already possibly getting and don't need. I've never been so tardy with submitting a BackerKit survey, but you probably can understand my hesitation since I don't want to over spend or miss getting component that I need to immediately get started with my Pine. I don't know how many other surveys are still outstanding as of now, and while it won't account for all of the missing surveys, I know others have posted elsewhere that they were confused about these very same things.

When you get some kind of sure answer, please let me know so that I can submit my BackerKit survey ASAP . . . and then get my order sooner than later! Thanks SO much for all you're doing in general and for helping me out here!   Cool Big Grin

(03-10-2016, 10:57 PM)CHRISPman Wrote:

... TL
Interested in this too

Did you ever get an answer? I just wrote back to Tim above, so maybe he'll come back with an answer for us.

Playbox enclosure host Pine A64 board, battery, and Touch Screen LCD panel together.

The acrylic is an open air case. This case does not included for all tier levels.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Problems with Kickstarter Pledge danphuong34k 1 2,912 12-27-2017, 04:05 PM
Last Post: Wizardknight
  Pledge arrived, but missing part nexus1972 2 3,935 06-27-2016, 05:30 AM
Last Post: nexus1972
  Upgrade to 2GB in current pledge without upgrading pledge balaji_pitchumani 7 9,037 06-05-2016, 06:37 PM
Last Post: pfeerick
  Delivery of Kickstarter Pledge 841210 8 12,748 12-12-2015, 03:12 AM
Last Post: Tiszai Istvan