PinePhone Pro Black Screen
I flashed Arch Plasma to the emmc on my new PinePhone Pro (2024, just got in today). I used the Micro SD method and after reboot the LED turns solid green and sits at a black screen indefinitely. I have tried the RE method, flashing various images to several different micro SD cards, holding volume buttons while powering on, pretty much anything I could find online. No matter what I do it always sits at a black screen. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
(03-09-2024, 12:25 AM)CrimsenRaven Wrote: I flashed Arch Plasma to the emmc on my new PinePhone Pro (2024, just got in today). I used the Micro SD method and after reboot the LED turns solid green and sits at a black screen indefinitely. I have tried the RE method, flashing various images to several different micro SD cards, holding volume buttons while powering on, pretty much anything I could find online. No matter what I do it always sits at a black screen. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I was having the same problem yesterday after flashing pmOS to the emmc by the USB method. I reinstalled Tow-Boot (by microSD) and then it worked just fine.
(03-09-2024, 12:25 AM)CrimsenRaven Wrote: I flashed Arch Plasma to the emmc on my new PinePhone Pro (2024, just got in today). I used the Micro SD method and after reboot the LED turns solid green and sits at a black screen indefinitely. I have tried the RE method, flashing various images to several different micro SD cards, holding volume buttons while powering on, pretty much anything I could find online. No matter what I do it always sits at a black screen. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

There was a huge update to Plasma 6 earlier this month. The danctnix image may have gotten some packages updated as well (https://github.com/dreemurrs-embedded/Pi...h/releases most recent was on 3/08), but it seems to still use Plasma 5.27 (although I am running Plasma 6 on my PinePhone and it works beautifully- highly recommend to update to that when you can).

I personally had to redo the Tow-Boot instructions multiple times before I got it, so make sure to follow the volume button instructions + orders carefully.

I also just recently had an issue on both laptop and my PinePhone Pro (after updating both to Plasma 6) where the login screen was black, but I could see the mouse (on phone you will probably not see mouse cursor). If this is happening to you, you can confirm it by plugging in a keyboard to your phone, dropping to TTY (Ctrl+Alt+F3 etc), log in (default user is alarm, pass is 123456). If this works, then you are probably having the same issue I was (and many others from what I've read in other forums about this). Do

sudo pacman -S qt6-wayland

And reboot, it should work after that.

If that doesn't help, try the image from 9/25 from Danctnix.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Having difficulty installing PostmarketOS on Pinephone Convergence Beta edition spazz 7 167 7 hours ago
Last Post: mikehenson
  PinePhone doesn't boot anymore lapin 3 330 09-13-2024, 10:09 AM
Last Post: lapin
  New PinePhone Pro fails... P. Siera 5 843 08-01-2024, 04:56 AM
Last Post: P. Siera
  A way to view or log the splash screen on Pinephone Pro running ArchLinux (Danctnix) PHLEMON 4 696 07-30-2024, 11:03 PM
Last Post: PHLEMON
  PinePhone Pro silver lining, it’s fast, real damn fast ashoka232 2 1,537 07-30-2024, 05:58 AM
Last Post: DrYak
  Is my PinePhone Pro dead? jlioret 2 1,906 07-28-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: dchang0
  Pinephone Pro does not start with RE button pressed c0ssan 11 7,338 07-28-2024, 03:21 PM
  Will a Pinephone Pro (Explorer) work with TING wpeckham 8 4,104 07-28-2024, 03:04 PM
  Pinephone Pro: Determined To Make It (Drive-able) USeeks 3 716 07-20-2024, 10:11 AM
Last Post: mikehenson
  Show me your "portable" PinePhone Pro setup! Danct12 5 4,165 07-20-2024, 12:04 AM
Last Post: Emeliaee3