Thinking about purchasing product need more information
For your question: Yes.

It’s a great little lightweight device for what you’re describing; I’ve been using mine daily for work at school with Kali since I received it; I ditched the default installation of Manjaro less than an hour after I had it; I don’t know why Manjaro? But that’s a different discussion...

Setup & customization will be the most time consuming part, as there can be problems if you make a mistake; There are lots of complete guides online to help you though. Please follow an official guide, as a lot of people just watch a YouTube video and make a typo/other mistake/copy random commands from some website (without understanding them) and then wonder why their machine won’t boot.

If you take the time to set it up correctly, it will do fine.

On the downside, compiling software does take awhile, as it has older, well established hardware components (Great from a driver point of view, not for performance) & on some older school networks, you will be unable to connect to their WiFi (Cisco WAP 150) unless the school has the current firmware installed on them (1.1.4.0/07-Jun-2022).

If you decided to purchase a PBP, a powered USB dock would be a good addition for external drives, as the PBP itself does not have enough power for say a 2 TB external drive/external DVD drive/burner. I’d also recommend a USB/wireless mouse (the keyboard itself is great).

Bluetooth & WiFi are working well (in Kali); I use mine with a mobile hot-spot & blue-tooth earbuds. 

I am completely satisfied with with my Pine products, would recommend them and am waiting for my PineTab 2 delivery :-)

Good luck with whatever decision you make.

Edit: forgot to mention that you can add other WiFi cards with external antennas for more scanning options.
Satisfied PinePhone, Pinebook Pro & PineTab2 owner; Thank you Pine64Team for your work!  Smile

Messages In This Thread
RE: Thinking about purchasing product need more information - by dachalife - 05-03-2023, 07:37 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Motherboard layout information Perl6_user 2 1,798 07-02-2022, 12:47 PM
Last Post: Perl6_user
Question Purchasing Limits on the Pinebook Pro TechDragon 5 5,159 04-21-2020, 11:23 PM
Last Post: mvdw
  Pinebook pro (and other product) pre-order and sales stats? fentavius 11 14,116 10-22-2019, 06:55 PM
Last Post: onebigbiker