Has anyone successfully flashed an Ox64 (128Mb) from linux?
I'm following like 6 guides at once, I've tried bflb-mcu-tool, bouffalo-loader, etc., I have my ox64 wired up to a Raspberry Pi Pico and the machine itself appears as a serial port on my computer. But I can't figure out how to actually flash the 3-layer bin files that [1] lists. Every "official" piece of documentation says to use DevCube, but DevCube's linux binary is completely broken (it isn't marked as executable, and when you mark it as executable and try to run it, it craps out asking for some paleolithic version of glibc; the package released for my system's package manager is also named wrong, which is fun). I'm on day 3 of trying to get anything to write to this board and so far have made exactly 0 progress.

This thing is really making me miss by pinephone or rock64 where you just throw in an SD card with an image written to it and it just works.

[1] https://github.com/openbouffalo/buildroot_bouffalo
Hi there. I just flashed one of my Oxes to linux in my Ubuntu 20.04 LTS without much problem. Could ejectute last version of devcube without any fuss.

I understand your frustration. Just download the latest release from the git, I used the full version. Watch the video linked on the wiki page, and follow very carefully the instructions on the git page (the values from the video are obsolete, that of the git are correct).

I'm using an oldie usb to serial adapter, a FTDI one didn't work with DevCube (handsake error) but an even older PL23030 worked flawlessly. Might be because the FTDI has a DTR pin and the PL don't. Just be sure tx/rx pinout is correct.
(02-27-2023, 09:01 PM)slondr Wrote: I'm following like 6 guides at once, I've tried bflb-mcu-tool, bouffalo-loader, etc., I have my ox64 wired up to a Raspberry Pi Pico and the machine itself appears as a serial port on my computer. But I can't figure out how to actually flash the 3-layer bin files that [1] lists. Every "official" piece of documentation says to use DevCube, but DevCube's linux binary is completely broken (it isn't marked as executable, and when you mark it as executable and try to run it, it craps out asking for some paleolithic version of glibc; the package released for my system's package manager is also named wrong, which is fun). I'm on day 3 of trying to get anything to write to this board and so far have made exactly 0 progress.

This thing is really making me miss by pinephone or rock64 where you just throw in an SD card with an image written to it and it just works.

Hello, did you ever solve this? I have the same issue trying to flash from ubuntu. Devcube does not launch( tried 1.8.3 and 1.8.9) , i tried on Mint also and it does get a bit further (launches but i cannot get the serial connection to work), even though the board is verified working with devcube on windows and i can flash it no problem with windows but would rather work in linux. 

any advice would be a blessing.
(02-05-2024, 01:58 PM)sm12345 Wrote:
(02-27-2023, 09:01 PM)slondr Wrote: I'm following like 6 guides at once, I've tried bflb-mcu-tool, bouffalo-loader, etc., I have my ox64 wired up to a Raspberry Pi Pico and the machine itself appears as a serial port on my computer. But I can't figure out how to actually flash the 3-layer bin files that [1] lists. Every "official" piece of documentation says to use DevCube, but DevCube's linux binary is completely broken (it isn't marked as executable, and when you mark it as executable and try to run it, it craps out asking for some paleolithic version of glibc; the package released for my system's package manager is also named wrong, which is fun). I'm on day 3 of trying to get anything to write to this board and so far have made exactly 0 progress.

Hello, did you ever solve this? I have the same issue trying to flash from ubuntu. Devcube does not launch( tried 1.8.3 and 1.8.9) , i tried on Mint also and it does get a bit further (launches but i cannot get the serial connection to work), even though the board is verified working with devcube on windows and i can flash it no problem with windows but would rather work in linux. 

any advice would be a blessing.

You can try the method described here: https://pine64.org/documentation/Ox64/So...ing_method

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Article] Coding Ox64 BL808 SBC the Drag-n-Drop Way lupyuen 3 543 04-02-2024, 07:38 AM
Last Post: Noahstorey
  xz package is severely affected with injected code in some linux distributions. zetabeta 0 200 03-29-2024, 02:57 PM
Last Post: zetabeta
  [Article] QuickJS JavaScript Engine on a Real-Time Operating System (Ox64 + NuttX) lupyuen 0 316 02-17-2024, 07:24 PM
Last Post: lupyuen
  [Article] Emulate Ox64 BL808 in the Web Browser: Experiments with TinyEMU lupyuen 3 543 02-17-2024, 06:53 PM
Last Post: tllim
  [Article] Automated Testing with Ox64 BL808 Emulator (Apache NuttX RTOS) lupyuen 0 309 02-16-2024, 06:54 PM
  [Article] Nim on a Real-Time Operating System: Apache NuttX RTOS + Ox64 BL808 SBC lupyuen 2 619 01-05-2024, 12:27 AM
  [Article] $8 RISC-V SBC on a Real-Time Operating System: Ox64 + NuttX lupyuen 0 495 12-17-2023, 02:27 AM
  [Article] Fixed the UART Interrupt and Platform-Level Interrupt Controller (Ox64) lupyuen 0 505 12-09-2023, 05:24 PM
  [Article] RISC-V Ox64 BL808: UART Interrupt and Platform-Level Interrupt Controller lupyuen 1 589 12-03-2023, 04:24 AM
Last Post: WhiteHexagon
  [Article] RISC-V Ox64 BL808 SBC: NuttX Apps and Initial RAM Disk lupyuen 2 668 11-25-2023, 06:42 PM