No sound
I'm surprised that not more users here experienced this problem... Huh
Using encrypted Mobian (bookworm) on pmOS CE Convergence PinePhone (3GB/32GB) as Daily Driver, and Beta Edition Convergence PinePhone (3GB/32GB) with encrypted Mobian (bookworm) as Backup device.
(10-20-2022, 08:26 AM)dante404 Wrote: I'm surprised that not more users here experienced this problem... Huh

I had this issue, but after the update 10-16-2022, the sound returned in my two pinephones.
(10-17-2022, 01:30 AM)dante404 Wrote: I have the same problem since a few days. Sad

Interesting: When I reboot my PinePhone audio devices are missing, volume control not working - Every time! When I check pulseaudio status via:
Code:
systemctl --user status pulseaudio
...then pulseaudio is not running, it's "loaded" but "inactive".

Then I have to:
Code:
systemctl --user start pulseaudio
...and pulseaudio is running, audio device is found, volume control works, everything seems to be fine (how long? Don't know yet).

I installed available pulseaudio updates yesterday via apt update, but the problem persists. Sad

Just want to add that I am in this exact situation too. After each reboot, got to restart Pulseaudio to get sound and side buttons to work. If I forgot, I miss calls as the phone does not ring.
(10-17-2022, 06:34 AM)kubussz Wrote:
(10-17-2022, 03:01 AM)LibrePhoneUser Wrote: It is perhaps worth mentioning that installing PipeWire as a drop-in replacement for Pulseaudio, according to the Debian instructions, works on Mobian as well. I immediately did this on my Mobian install in order to get high-fidelity Bluetooth audio, and I have had no problems with sound since, even with all the recent Mobian updates.

But what exactly did you do?

So to have Pipewire audio working here is what I did:

It is a derivative from what I've learn there:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZBFdCQx0LI

https://wiki.debian.org/PipeWire#For_PulseAudio

Pipewire was already on my Bookworm system:

Code:
mobian@mobian:~$ apt search pipewire

Verifying pulseaudio:

Code:
mobian@mobian:~$ pactl info
Server Name : pulseaudio

Adding libraries like in the video posted above (for Ubuntu and I dont know if necessary) and wireplumber (that necessary for removing pipewire-media-session):

Code:
mobian@mobian:~$ sudo apt install pipewire-audio-client-libraries libspa-0.2-bluetooth libspa-0.2-jack wireplumber

If you need to enable Pipewire Bluetooth now do (as said from the video, I have not tried that as I dont need bluetooth):

Code:
mobian@mobian:~$ sudo apt remove pulseaudio-module-bluetooth

Starting wireplumber service:

Code:
mobian@mobian:~$ systemctl --user --now enable wireplumber.service

Reboot the system

After reboot, pipewire shoud be running:

Code:
mobian@mobian:~$ pactl info
Server Name: PulseAudio (on PipeWire 0.3.59)

Ensure this continues working after a reboot. If not, you may need to "mask" the PulseAudio service by running:

Code:
mobian@mobian:~$ systemctl --user mask pulseaudio

I am very new to Linux so feel free to make corrections but it did the trick for me. Pipewire is starting after every reboots, buttons on the side are working and sound quality is improved for sure. Hope it help some.
Hi. I have a problem with internal earpiece. He farts terribly while talking. How fix it?
(10-23-2022, 06:13 AM)d-.-b Wrote: So to have Pipewire audio working here is what I did:

Interesting. Although I do have sound, for a while now my volume buttons have not worked during calls. I may give this a try to see if it fixes the problem. (Will do a full image backup first though!)
(10-23-2022, 06:13 AM)d-.-b Wrote: So to have Pipewire audio working here is what I did:
Thank you! Smile
I will try this as soon as I have the time (although I still don't understand why pulseaudio won't autostart anymore Sad ).
Using encrypted Mobian (bookworm) on pmOS CE Convergence PinePhone (3GB/32GB) as Daily Driver, and Beta Edition Convergence PinePhone (3GB/32GB) with encrypted Mobian (bookworm) as Backup device.
(10-27-2022, 01:58 PM)dante404 Wrote:
Thank you! Smile
I will try this as soon as I have the time (although I still don't understand why pulseaudio won't autostart anymore Sad ).

I also had trouble with pulseaudio not autostarting anymore. I tried the pipewire suggestions a few days ago and at first it seemed like an improvement.

But over the past couple days I've found a few times that all of a sudden all sound stops working - speakers and mic. Sometimes I'll hear a single clicking noise when pushing the button to wake the PinePhone and then sound isn't working, other times there is no click. I can usually get sound back via

Code:
systemctl --user restart pipewire

but I think maybe once I had to reboot. Perhaps oddly, restarting pipewire results in several clicking noises from the phone, just like the camera noises on boot. After the clicking noises stop, sound works again for a while, and sometimes the last few sounds to play all play at once.

After restarting pipewire, journalctl is full of stuff like

Code:
callaudiod[819]: Error in PulseAudio context: Connection terminated
phosh[793]: gvc_mixer_cart_get_index: assertion 'GVC_IS_MIXER_CARD (card)' failed
callaudiod[819]: No suitable card found, retrying in 3s...
wireplumber[3453]: Failed to set scheduler settings: Operation not permitted
wireplumber[3453]: SPI handle 'api.libcamera.enum.manager' could not be loaded; is it installed?
wireplumber[3453]: PipeWire's libcamera SPA missing or broken. libcamera not supported.
pipewire[3449]: spa.v4l2: '/dev/video2' VIDIOC_ENUM_FRAMESIZES: Inappropriate ioctl for device

which I guess may or may not be related to my sound issues...

(Apparently on Fedora the solution to the libcamera errors is to install pipewire-plugin-libcamera which contains file libspa-libcamera.so but I haven't found a debian/mobian package containing that file yet... but maybe I'm getting off-topic.)
(10-27-2022, 08:00 PM)bry Wrote: I tried the pipewire suggestions a few days ago and at first it seemed like an improvement.

But over the past couple days I've found a few times that all of a sudden all sound stops working - speakers and mic.

Oh... that's bad...  Sad
Then I will wait with switching to pipewire - Thanks for posting!!!
Interesting: The last 2 or 3 reboots pulse audio startet automatically as it should do and has done before! There was no pulseaudio update the last days, perhaps any other update somehow 'fixed' this... or it's just random/luck.  Huh I will further observe this when rebooting the next days.
(10-20-2022, 08:26 AM)dante404 Wrote: I'm surprised that not more users here experienced this problem... Huh

Sometimes, I don't have to use any workaround. In my case, the problem occurs more often when I use the power saving mode. Maybe it explains why not much users experienced this problem.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sound : notifications freelectro 6 1,945 06-07-2023, 01:03 AM
Last Post: freelectro
  My sound went away with calls... Not sure what happened. How can i fix it? usourypg3i 4 2,736 02-18-2022, 08:54 AM
Last Post: battlegarden
  Lost all sound Dinosaur1946 0 1,071 01-27-2022, 07:34 PM
Last Post: Dinosaur1946
  Sound design for Mobian S.E.B 4 3,344 12-27-2021, 05:40 AM
Last Post: Anna
Bug Sound defaults to Headset User 18618 10 8,929 10-21-2020, 06:06 PM
Last Post: ThrillGates
  No Sound After Reboots LMalilil 1 2,601 09-23-2020, 06:14 AM
Last Post: bobblestiltskin
  earpiece sound setting Gobelin 3 3,346 08-13-2020, 01:46 PM
Last Post: Gobelin