Can't flash firmware, out of options
I'm trying to switch from WaspOS to Infinitime. I have managed to get the watch stuck in the Wasp bootloader and cannot get it to accept the Infinitime reloader or micropython.zip to get back into Wasp. It seems:

-Gadgetbridge has no provisions to send a file to a watch stuck in bootloader.
-NRF connect updated and doesn't work anymore; if you don't have a backup of 4.24 I guess you're out of luck. (This is how I got stuck in this mess to begin with.)
-Siglo doesn't seem to work with my computer's BT dongle.

Any workarounds for this to get my watch back to a useable state?
nRF Connect is open-source app.
you can find a desired version from Nordic Semiconductor repo
https://github.com/NordicSemiconductor/A...t/releases

regarding Siglo, not sure how it's possible... or you mean that linux os in general also does not support your bluetooth dongle?
i tried with 3 integrated (in laptop) adapters when tried for weeks make my linux setup to read battery status, and no issues with adpters at all. however, a lot of issues with undeground stuff like bluez and bluetoothctl

well, if nothing works, you can always try to unseal the pinetime and flash the bootloader and the rest of staff with OpenOCD. but apparently that's not the easiest way.
Away
Hi, is there a manual or something on how to unseal the watch?

Thanks
(08-09-2022, 04:08 PM)ITCactus Wrote: nRF Connect is open-source app.
you can find a desired version from Nordic Semiconductor repo
https://github.com/NordicSemiconductor/A...t/releases

regarding Siglo, not sure how it's possible... or you mean that linux os in general also does not support your bluetooth dongle?
i tried with 3 integrated (in laptop) adapters when tried for weeks make my linux setup to read battery status, and no issues with adpters at all. however, a lot of issues with undeground stuff like bluez and bluetoothctl

well, if nothing works, you can always try to unseal the pinetime and flash the bootloader and the rest of staff with OpenOCD. but apparently that's not the easiest way.

Progress update. I downloaded an older version of nRF (4.24.3) and was able to successfully flash the reloader 0.14.1. But of course, things can't be that easy can they? When I go to upload the latest release of Infinitime, the watch drops the connection part way through the upload, regardless of whether I'm using nRF or Gadgetbridge.
Inception post. Was in a similar situation, seems fine now

https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=17021

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  firmware update 1.11 > 1.13 aletn 2 972 08-25-2023, 10:57 AM
Last Post: aletn
Question Which companion apps work best for flashing firmware and pairing/syncing w/ Pinetime? danimations 0 1,458 03-28-2022, 08:22 PM
Last Post: danimations
  Getting started with an Old PineTime dev kit (flash procedure?) Meurton 7 5,947 07-05-2021, 04:13 AM
Last Post: danielt
  bluetooth firmware update pjsf 2 4,232 10-16-2020, 02:19 PM
Last Post: Avamander
  Stock firmware ? fredlak 1 2,714 02-27-2020, 04:17 PM
Last Post: VMMainFrame