no boot white led flashing
debian bullseye
setup: 32Gb SD-Card for the debian-installer
32 GB emmc for the OS

tried the official debian iso via usb-stick. The problem is known since 2020. The iso wants to boot with grub and this - of course - fails due to EFI.
OK did the debian-installer on SD-Card and installed on emmc.

Result: rockpro is not booting any more and the white led is flashing.
Recloned the debian-installer on the sd-card again ... same result
removed the emmc - same result
inserted the previously working armbian emmc - same result.

I am confused!
Futhermore, the rockpro64 wiki did not feed me with informations about the default LED-Status.

Thanks for input...
(03-27-2022, 07:36 AM)moserwi Wrote: debian bullseye
setup: 32Gb SD-Card for the debian-installer
32 GB emmc for the OS

tried the official debian iso via usb-stick. The problem is known since 2020. The iso wants to boot with grub and this - of course - fails due to EFI.
OK did the debian-installer on SD-Card and installed on emmc.

Result: rockpro is not booting any more and the white led is flashing.
Recloned the debian-installer on the sd-card again ... same result
removed the emmc - same result
inserted the previously working armbian emmc - same result.

I am confused!
Futhermore, the rockpro64 wiki did not feed me with informations about the default LED-Status.

Thanks for input...

Just write the Debian Bullseye image directly to SD card and try booting. For the moment forget about eMMC. If that doesn't work try one of the Armbian images which you can find here https://armbian.hosthatch.com/archive/ro...4/archive/
Well I want to stick on debian mainline stable It is really a pity that there is no qualified output from debian as even the so called stable versions are
buggy.

A list:
almost all pine64 can not be installed with the official *.iso installer
rock64 - debian-installer refuses to boot
rockpro64 - debian-installer has to be on the SD-Card an the installation has to be done on the SD-Card. The installer remains on the SD-Card
pinebookpro with debian -no way but armbian did it.

I believe armbian is the first in line for arm
then Ubuntu
then debian SID & testing
then debian stable

So I have no excuses for the debian stable branch which is not even able to provide a proper and painless installer like amd64/i386_64
It looks like a strategy to keep people off arm cpu's.
Ant this is an ongoing pain in the .. since 2018 since four years...

In fact we are throwing 1/3 of our manhours away for silly and for the pro's simple tasks.
They did not even guess that grub and EFI is not a good relation.
(03-28-2022, 02:19 PM)moserwi Wrote: Well I want to stick on debian mainline stable It is really a pity that there is no qualified output from debian as even the so called stable versions are
buggy.

A list:
almost all pine64 can not be installed with the official *.iso installer
rock64 - debian-installer refuses to boot
rockpro64 - debian-installer has to be on the SD-Card an the installation has to be done on the SD-Card. The installer remains on the SD-Card
pinebookpro with debian -no way but armbian did it.

I believe armbian is the first in line for arm
then Ubuntu
then debian SID & testing
then debian stable

So I have no excuses for the debian stable branch which is not even able to provide a proper and painless installer like amd64/i386_64
It looks like a strategy to keep people off arm cpu's.
Ant this is an ongoing pain in the .. since 2018 since four years...

In fact we are throwing 1/3 of our manhours away for silly and for the pro's simple tasks.
They did not even guess that grub and EFI is not a good relation.

I thought your post was about a non booting RockPro64. I suggested Armbian as a means of testing the board. This is a tinkerers board and the work needs to be put in to get a particular flavour of Linux to boot it. I'm afraid there's nothing else I can help you with other than what I previously suggested. Best if you contact the manufacturer directly.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  enble boot after power loss/restore dkebler 11 871 06-22-2022, 09:39 PM
Last Post: dkebler
  Installation Debian on emmc: which U-Boot and where? vongillus 1 102 06-18-2022, 08:28 AM
Last Post: dkebler
  ROCKPRO64 PCI SSD SD-boot Install pspgarret 0 68 06-09-2022, 10:56 AM
Last Post: pspgarret
  RockPro64 has no white led, nor will it boot past... AnjinMeili 2 139 05-31-2022, 09:19 AM
Last Post: Rocklobster
  Cannot get my board to boot deutschlmao 10 1,437 03-19-2022, 07:45 PM
Last Post: Rocklobster
  Enabling secure boot arturkow 4 1,093 11-25-2021, 04:57 AM
Last Post: arturkow
  Device unable to boot Lunix33 9 3,716 09-23-2021, 01:38 AM
Last Post: LMM
  Flashed SPI, able to ping RP64 but not boot from sdcard/usb korefuji 2 1,400 08-26-2021, 11:41 AM
Last Post: LMM
  Mainline U-Boot with SPI, NVMe and SATA boot support sigmaris 103 65,383 07-08-2021, 04:55 PM
Last Post: Mentaluproar
  First boot - no fan, no display... is it broken? rantoie 1 1,352 04-28-2021, 04:41 PM
Last Post: rantoie