Jerky wired network
Question 
After some failed attempt to enter the network password, I managed to connect the phone to a wired network.  It works, as it got a DHCP number and adjusted the clock.  BTW, I see a MAC like 00:00:00:00:02:18; is that normal?

The microUSB connection to the dock is not very stable when moving the phone.  Anyway, if I disconnect and reconnect it I see a message saying «Connection "Wired connection 1" activated», and, about a minute late, «Connection "Wired connection 1" deactivated.  From the PC, if I try to ping or arping by MAC, I get Host Unreachable and Timeout, respectively.  Even if I do that in the interval during which the connection.  From the phone, I'm unable to reach out.

BTW, when I issued netstat on the phone terminal, I got "bash: netstat: command not found".  Is that normal?

On my desk I have no room for another screen and keyboard to connect to the phone.  My aim is to run ssh from the PC so as to be able to configure the phone using a real keyboard anyway.  Is it possible to do it using the stock Manjaro system?

TIA for any hint
Ale
It must have been the RJ45 connector, dunno which side.  The cable works on the PC.  The docking bar works with another cable.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  No WIFI network discovery in any manjaro installation (but works on fedora) pineitup 1 2,898 02-02-2021, 12:13 AM
Last Post: PineSupporter
  Network issues, possibly not booting? [Solved] Ryanteck 3 5,291 06-17-2017, 11:01 AM
Last Post: xalius
  Wired distorted boot image Cestrefeld 16 22,175 05-29-2016, 05:00 PM
Last Post: edu2004eu
  generall network interface issues Sandman01 9 10,373 05-09-2016, 12:56 PM
Last Post: Sandman01