How to remove the sim card
The question looks stupid but I tried really hard to remove the SIM card but failed on my new PPP
Inserting the SIM card is challenge enough because I am using the adapter for Nano sim card. The adapter is very loose and the card fell out easily.

Now the SIM card is fully inserted but I cannot get the SIM out because it is fully inserted. Does anyone have tips removing the sim card? Thanks!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(02-08-2022, 01:12 AM)liberty1234 Wrote: The question looks stupid but I tried really hard to remove the SIM card but failed on my new PPP
Inserting the SIM card is challenge enough because I am using the adapter for Nano sim card. The adapter is very loose and the card fell out easily.

Now the SIM card is fully inserted but I cannot get the SIM out because it is fully inserted. Does anyone have tips removing the sim card? Thanks!
first of all i (we) recommend to be careful about this.

there was video about this somewhere. point is using certain thin half-hard plastic slider, put that slider under simcard and adapter, it disconnects contacts from sim card and helps sliding the sim card. tweezers may help somewhat.

why pp (pro) settled on micro-sim, nano-sim would have been better because almost everything uses nano-sim these days.
I use a push pin, stab the center of the sim card, it gets a positive bite on the card. then slide it out.

For the slider described above, maybe cut the plastic from a 2 liter beverage bottle..?
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
There might be enough room to attach a sticky tape 'handle' to pull it out with. I'd usually put the tape on over the whole back of the sim and adapter, leaving a bit sticking out over the end to make removal easier. Use a tape with a good adhesive that doesn't leave a residue, especially if it's going to be in there for a long time.
The sticky tape method works great! Thanks a lot everyone for the tips!
I also use a bit of sticky tape , works wonder
I had a similar issue and am glad you found a solution because my sim card tray broke because I was trying to pull it out. The sim and SD card trays seem to be way too thin for the PPPro.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anyone yet received replacement sim/sd card holder tckosvic 19 8,488 06-16-2023, 12:20 PM
Last Post: fxc
Photo My PinePhone Pro does not read the micro SD card at all. tux_life 7 2,392 03-26-2023, 02:55 AM
Last Post: tux_life
  PinePhone Pro Motherboard with sim card holder tckosvic 1 1,531 08-22-2022, 06:42 PM
Last Post: tllim
  Warning!!- sim card adapter destroyed my sim card holder on my pine phone pro ANDROID2468 11 7,276 06-15-2022, 02:32 AM
Last Post: fxc
  Replace PPP sim card/sd card slot hardware tckosvic 5 3,961 03-13-2022, 12:20 PM
Last Post: tckosvic
  SD Card insertion depth nristen 4 2,865 02-03-2022, 01:27 PM
Last Post: nristen
  Bent SD card pin bhboyle 5 3,344 02-03-2022, 09:54 AM
Last Post: kqlnut
  SD card slot specs frimmel 3 2,655 01-27-2022, 09:48 PM
Last Post: bcnaz