Most functional distro, as of now
(04-23-2022, 05:15 PM)S H Wrote:
(04-23-2022, 01:59 AM)fxc Wrote:
(04-22-2022, 10:23 AM)grinzie Wrote: I spoke too soon. The first call I received when phone was asleep for a long time had no audio on either end. I rebooted and called the person back, they heard a serious echo. Also, the battery charge does not increase at all with the Pro plugged in to my laptop. I have to charge the battery in my Beta for now.

USB ports on PCs and laptops only provide 0.5 A by default if they don't support PD or if it didn't get negotiated properly. Would recommend charging the phone only with proper wall chargers with over 1 A, as 0.5 A is not enough for most modern phones nowadays. You can check the "powersupply" app to see the amperage it negotiated.

I second that, I was told by the pine phone support to get a 3 amp charger when having similar issues.

OK, thanks for the information, that is most certainly the issue. I will pick up a 3 amp charger, but does it harm the battery to use a lower amperage charger? I found a 1 amp wall charger in a drawer, and it did charge the Pro battery. I also charge the Beta on my laptop. It is not fast, but it works. Thanks for the help.
(04-24-2022, 09:33 AM)grinzie Wrote:
(04-22-2022, 10:23 AM)grinzie Wrote: I spoke too soon. The first call I received when phone was asleep for a long time had no audio on either end. I rebooted and called the person back, they heard a serious echo. Also, the battery charge does not increase at all with the Pro plugged in to my laptop. I have to charge the battery in my Beta for now.

USB ports on PCs and laptops only provide 0.5 A by default if they don't support PD or if it didn't get negotiated properly. Would recommend charging the phone only with proper wall chargers with over 1 A, as 0.5 A is not enough for most modern phones nowadays. You can check the "powersupply" app to see the amperage it negotiated.

I second that, I was told by the pine phone support to get a 3 amp charger when having similar issues.

OK, thanks for the information, that is most certainly the issue. I will pick up a 3 amp charger, but does it harm the battery to use a lower amperage charger? I found a 1 amp wall charger in a drawer, and it did charge the Pro battery. I also charge the Beta on my laptop. It is not fast, but it works. Thanks for the help.
Charge your PP either on charger or usb to a PC.  Physically swap your PP battery into the PPP.   Put the PPP batery into PP to charge for the next time. That's what I do to avoid all the ridiculous charging issues on PPP.
(04-24-2022, 09:33 AM)grinzie Wrote:

No harm there, it will just take longer - or even slowly discharge in case of 0.5A and the phone using more power than provided.
Last night, I upgraded PPP Arch Phosh with "sudo pacman -Syyu" and rebooted.
One of the packages was the kernel.
Battery functions are greatly improved: my 1 amp charger now appears to increase battery level, even during use, and battery level indicator seems more accurate.
However, audio issues remain. Last night, after the upgrade, there was no audio during phone calls at all.
This morning I ran "sudo pacman -Syyu" again.
One of the packages was systemd.
Now audio situation is restored to where it was pre-upgrade: after long sleep, audio is garbled (sped up at a specific rate, as reported elsewhere in the Forums). I check this using Settings > Sound > Output > Test.
It does not happen every time, but length of sleep seems to be a factor.
I ran Manjaro Phosh for a few days, then decided that the combination of 1) suspend problem 2) battery full drainage problem and 3) poor call quality make it unsuitable for a daily driver for the time being. I'll follow progress keenly and continue to sing the praises of Pinephone and its successor, but I won't be encouraging non-technical users to dive in at this point. Pity, as despite its lower specs, my Pinephone running Manjaro Phosh did everything I needed it to do.
For byte-sized tech and software tips check out my Danimations Digital Media tips channel on Youtube Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Distro with suspend Frost1776 6 4,134 03-10-2022, 04:42 PM
Last Post: dukla2000