Distro with suspend
Are there any distros that suspend(sleep) work on. I carried my phone the last couple days as my only phone. It was great for everything except the battery. Even with the keyboard case and battery in that fully charged and the phone fully charged I barely made it through the work day without it going dead.
Mobian seems to have suspend working with Tow-Boot on SD (not sure about eemc but I think I saw someone say it worked there too). I have left it alone for hours and it turns back on when I come back to it. I know for a fact Manjaro is still borked. Left it alone for 20 mins and found it unresponsive.

And yeah, I am running into the same issue you are with battery. I have a Samsung battery case and it's eating thru the whole thing in about 8-9 hours.
(03-09-2022, 08:21 PM)Dragonborn Wrote: Mobian seems to have suspend working with Tow-Boot on SD (not sure about eemc but I think I saw someone say it worked there too). I have left it alone for hours and it turns back on when I come back to it. I know for a fact Manjaro is still borked. Left it alone for 20 mins and found it unresponsive.

And yeah, I am running into the same issue you are with battery. I have a Samsung battery case and it's eating thru the whole thing in about 8-9 hours.

Yeah that's the only thing keeping me from using it as a daily driver. I know it's come along way really quickly so I'm not too concerned cause Im sure there will be fixes for the battery issue coming along.

(03-09-2022, 08:21 PM)Dragonborn Wrote: Mobian seems to have suspend working with Tow-Boot on SD (not sure about eemc but I think I saw someone say it worked there too). I have left it alone for hours and it turns back on when I come back to it. I know for a fact Manjaro is still borked. Left it alone for 20 mins and found it unresponsive.

Also do you have a link for tow boot ?
(03-09-2022, 08:23 PM)Frost1776 Wrote:

Yeah that's the only thing keeping me from using it as a daily driver. I know it's come along way really quickly so I'm not too concerned cause Im sure there will be fixes for the battery issue coming along.

Also do you have a link for tow boot ?

Sure do: https://github.com/Tow-Boot/Tow-Boot/releases

I'm running a daily driver test currently. Biggest issues for me personally is the battery life and difficulties with bluetooth and music. Other than that, this thing works great.
(03-09-2022, 08:21 PM)Dragonborn Wrote: Mobian seems to have suspend working with Tow-Boot on SD (not sure about eemc but I think I saw someone say it worked there too).

I am busy playing with a whole bunch of options but 99.99% certain the OS on eMMC will NOT recover gracefully from suspend with Tow-boot on SPI. I have tried both Arch and Mobian on the eMMC, as well as blanking their u-boot sectors.
Sad Sad
  • ROCKPro64 v2.1 2GB, 16Gb eMMC for rootfs, SX8200Pro 512GB NVMe for /home, HDMI video & sound, Bluetooth keyboard & mouse. Arch (6.2 kernel, Openbox desktop) for general purpose daily PC.
  • PinePhone Pro Explorer Edition, daily driver, rk2aw & U-boot on SPI, Arch/SXMO & Arch/phosh on eMMC
  • PinePhone BraveHeart now v1.2b 3/32Gb, Tow-boot with Arch/SXMO on eMMC
(03-10-2022, 04:00 AM)dukla2000 Wrote:
(03-09-2022, 08:21 PM)Dragonborn Wrote: Mobian seems to have suspend working with Tow-Boot on SD (not sure about eemc but I think I saw someone say it worked there too).

I am busy playing with a whole bunch of options but 99.99% certain the OS on eMMC will NOT recover gracefully from suspend with Tow-boot on SPI. I have tried both Arch and Mobian on the eMMC, as well as blanking their u-boot sectors.
Sad Sad

Ah okay. Maybe I heard wrong then. Mobian definitely resumes from suspend on SD but I haven't tried it on the eMMC yet. Thanks for the info.
(03-10-2022, 06:48 AM)Dragonborn Wrote: ...
Ah okay. Maybe I heard wrong then. Mobian definitely resumes from suspend on SD but I haven't tried it on the eMMC yet. Thanks for the info.

There is a regression that I need to report somewhere: Arch also runs fine from SDcard and suspend/resume. In both (Mobian & Arch) cases from SDcard you get Mickey Mouse sound after a resume and need to reboot to clear that.

The regression is neither Mobian nor Arch will resume properly if running on eMMC with Tow-boot on SPI. The last thing I have to test is clearing the bootable flag on the boot partition.

What I haven't yet tested is clearing SPI and using Arch or Mobian install direct on eMMC.
  • ROCKPro64 v2.1 2GB, 16Gb eMMC for rootfs, SX8200Pro 512GB NVMe for /home, HDMI video & sound, Bluetooth keyboard & mouse. Arch (6.2 kernel, Openbox desktop) for general purpose daily PC.
  • PinePhone Pro Explorer Edition, daily driver, rk2aw & U-boot on SPI, Arch/SXMO & Arch/phosh on eMMC
  • PinePhone BraveHeart now v1.2b 3/32Gb, Tow-boot with Arch/SXMO on eMMC

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Camera stops working after resume from suspend jchw 0 610 09-06-2023, 08:39 AM
Last Post: jchw
  How to (try to) suspend and how to tell if it was suspended? Greendrake 3 1,987 08-20-2022, 08:55 PM
Last Post: robocone
  Most functional distro, as of now Conjada 34 19,821 05-12-2022, 10:31 PM
Last Post: danimations