Forum account problems
I recently registered this forum account, but several things/features fail with the following message:

Quote:You do not have permission to access this page. This could be because of one of the following reasons:
  1. Your account has either been suspended or you have been banned from accessing this resource.
  2. You do not have permission to access this page. Are you trying to access administrative pages or a resource that you shouldn't be? Check in the forum rules that you are allowed to perform this action.
  3. Your account may still be awaiting activation or moderation. (Resend Activation Code)
  4. You have accessed this page directly rather than using appropriate forms or link.

You are currently logged in with the username: 'diederik'

1) As this is my first post, I'm assuming this isn't the case
2) I get this message when I do 'User CP' > Miscellaneous > View Profile; which afaict would allow me to view my own profile. I also get this error message when I try to view some/any one else's profile. And now I see I have a Private Message, but when I click on it, I see the error message.
So it looks like most actions that requires being logged in, which I am, fail. I have also tried logging out, closing browser, starting browser, logging in. Didn't matter
3) That sounded plausible as I never got an activation email. So I clicked on the 'Resend Activation Code' which told me there was no need for that ... ?
4) I've only used links from my browser (Firefox 94, but also tried it with qutebrowser), so I guess not?

Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong? Or can a forum admin/moderator check my account to see whether some 'bits fell over', causing my issues?
All new users have to have their first few posts approved by a moderator. Which I have approved your fist post.

We get enough SPAM, this was one of the ways to reduce our forum's users from seeing it.
--
Arwen Evenstar
Princess of Rivendale
(11-18-2021, 03:29 PM)Arwen Wrote: All new users have to have their first few posts approved by a moderator. Which I have approved your fist post.

We get enough SPAM, this was one of the ways to reduce our forum's users from seeing it.

I've seen that on other forums too and I have no problem with that at all Smile
Until now, it looked like things that should've worked, didn't work. I couldn't view my own profile or that of others.
When I send my OP, it seemed to have disappeared in the void, which was consistent with other things not working, but still worrying. On the LibreELEC forum, *I* do see my own posts when I post them, but not others until a moderator has approved it.

Anyway, things seem to work now Smile
Great, and welcome to Pine64!
--
Arwen Evenstar
Princess of Rivendale

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Forum Recommendations for Pine64 support? backwoodstech2 0 277 02-04-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: backwoodstech2
  star64 bootable images, u-boot, sbi, forum? hexdump 2 1,336 12-06-2023, 09:47 PM
Last Post: faultyforelimb
  RSS feed for the forum power46 1 724 08-01-2023, 02:02 AM
Last Post: ericssonmere
  Lots of problems with pinebuds elix 1 736 07-20-2023, 06:51 PM
Last Post: elix
  Why are you using MyBB for this forum? notramo 6 3,499 05-24-2023, 07:44 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  Change the forum's software to Discourse Liz_34 11 3,213 01-25-2023, 08:04 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  Own sub for PineBuds Pro to this forum Liz_34 0 768 01-12-2023, 12:04 PM
Last Post: Liz_34
Lightbulb Add a dark theme for the forum? cowsay 1 993 08-31-2022, 10:13 AM