manjaro vs arch on Pinephone?
Question 
My understanding in the PC world is that Manjaro is a version of Arch with a more user friendly installer, and a few weeks lag with packages (and therefore a few weeks more testing).

Basically this would appear to make Manjaro a more stable (due to extra testing) version of Arch.

Is the same true with Pinephone images?  The installer bit is irrelevant because both are just images that flashed on with dd.

If I stick with Manjaro phosh am I just getting what was Arch phosh a few weeks earlier or is it not that simple?
My understanding is that Manjaro ARM is made by the Manjaro team themselves while the Arch build is just an unofficial port by the community, so there might be some minor differences in the case of the PinePhone.
Though I wouldn't think so considering that an ARM version of Arch has been around for 2 decades already, so all you need to do is to pre-package it with the right kernel, PinePhone specific drivers, and slap Phosh on top, and you've got Arch running on a PinePhone.

When it comes to PC, Manjaro is indeed the more user friendly one while Arch is the one that's less bloated.
Manjaro puts quite a lot of bloatware out of the box which I really don't like.
They pre-package it with Steam, which probably most people don't even need, and Steam is major spyware on its own.
You can still uninstall it, so no problem.
The bigger concern is that they immediately include 4 or 5 completely different package managers: pacman, pamac, Flatpack, Snapd, and a GUI version depending on the DE you're using, and then you need yay (used to be yaourt) to access the AUR repository.
So Manjaro has become pretty much a plate of spaghetti.
母語は日本語ですが、英語も喋れます(ry
I have a copy of each running on a few of my test phones ATM. Just a few comments:

The Phosh/ Manjaro OS seems to function fairly well, though it does "look" a bit more like a Google or Microsoft product.

While the Phosh/Arch does "Look" more like a Linux project, and they are careful to not ship too many "Extras". (add what you want)

They most likely do run the same kernels. (possibly the main difference would be the release dates, but they are most likely close there)
but, I think they are both just "based" on Arch, the Arch we see on the Pine phone is not directly connected to Arch.

Personally I like the lean Arch version more, but that is just my choice.
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Slarm64 on PinePhone [Unofficial Slackware ARM - 64 bit] acid andy 30 22,842 Yesterday, 11:18 AM
Last Post: donchurch
Wink PINEPHONE not booting Touchwood 2 217 02-23-2024, 07:27 AM
Last Post: Touchwood
  Slack on PinePhone Adam Seline 5 5,100 12-20-2023, 07:20 AM
Last Post: nickolas
  Struggle to install LibreOffice on the PinePhone Peter Gamma 48 22,672 11-24-2023, 07:02 AM
Last Post: Peter Gamma
  Which word processor to choose for the Pinephone? Peter Gamma 8 1,638 11-23-2023, 01:06 AM
  openSUSE for Pinephone Alefnode 75 99,292 11-17-2023, 08:37 AM
Last Post: Uturn
  Using Signal on PinePhone in mid-2023? dante404 45 11,455 11-17-2023, 04:23 AM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  Genode- Sculpt OS for the PinePhone (non Linux) Surehand53 1 777 11-04-2023, 07:23 PM
Last Post: tllim
  Abiword as a office mobile word processor for the Pinephone? Peter Gamma 11 1,773 10-24-2023, 08:57 AM
  What File Manager Options Are There For The Pinephone? pinephoneuser22 7 2,062 10-18-2023, 08:37 AM
Last Post: luppivega