Mobian Constant Vibration
I know this has been addressed on other threads with different versions of Pine Pine but was wondering about a solution.  I have read other threads where it stated about pinching wires but this phone is totally enclosed with no exposed wiring.  I had placed a Straight Talk SIM in the phone but didn't seem compatible so I removed it.  Not long after that, I started noticing the constant vibration.  As it powers on, it will start vibrating even after updating the software, removing and reinstalling the battery, etc.  On a side note, I did get the Red Pocket service to work very well using a GSMA SIM from the SIM kit on eBay. 
Is the phone trying to give me a notification or is it a malfunction?  Any suggestions on a remedy?
Seems like malfunction to me. I think someone posted a photo of the pinched wires to the vibrate motor and they wouldn't have been visible until the midframe plastic was removed.
Well, I solved the problem.  In the process of taking the phone apart, I left it plugged in while it was constantly vibrating.  At the point of removing all of the small screws, it stopped vibrating while it was still turned on.  It continued to stay off so I slowly replaced screws until it started back up again.  I was able to replace all but one screw in the back and keep it from vibrating.  I did not have to cut any wires or any other modification but the screw.  As I tried to replace the last screw, I just started the screw and it would start vibrating again so I'm leaving that one out.  So far, so good and its working normally.....knock on wood.  The screw I left out was the one up from the bottom right corner as you look at it from the opened back. I attached a photo of the screw I left out.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(03-26-2021, 09:55 AM)tumblingdog Wrote: Well, I solved the problem.  In the process of taking the phone apart, I left it plugged in while it was constantly vibrating.  At the point of removing all of the small screws, it stopped vibrating while it was still turned on.  It continued to stay off so I slowly replaced screws until it started back up again.  I was able to replace all but one screw in the back and keep it from vibrating.  I did not have to cut any wires or any other modification but the screw.  As I tried to replace the last screw, I just started the screw and it would start vibrating again so I'm leaving that one out.  So far, so good and its working normally.....knock on wood.  The screw I left out was the one up from the bottom right corner as you look at it from the opened back.  I attached a photo of the screw I left out.

Looks like the screw hole close to the Vibrator wiring. My guess the screw may shot one vibrator contact point and cause the vibration.
(03-26-2021, 09:55 AM)tumblingdog Wrote: Well, I solved the problem.  In the process of taking the phone apart, I left it plugged in while it was constantly vibrating.  At the point of removing all of the small screws, it stopped vibrating while it was still turned on.  It continued to stay off so I slowly replaced screws until it started back up again.  I was able to replace all but one screw in the back and keep it from vibrating.  I did not have to cut any wires or any other modification but the screw.  As I tried to replace the last screw, I just started the screw and it would start vibrating again so I'm leaving that one out.  So far, so good and its working normally.....knock on wood.  The screw I left out was the one up from the bottom right corner as you look at it from the opened back.  I attached a photo of the screw I left out.

Thanks, I have a similar issue. Removing the screw made the constant vibrating stop but only for a few minutes. I tried to remove all the screws while keeping it on and vibrating stopped periodically but then started again and now it it back to constantly vibrating. Any other ideas for how to stop the constant vibrating?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  cant verify mobian image at website gnugpg penguins_rule 0 9 7 hours ago
Last Post: penguins_rule
  bookworm vs trixie discussion for mobian in pinephone regular. zetabeta 14 1,347 03-14-2024, 10:12 AM
Last Post: Faded
  mobian installed to eMMC - how to install tow-boot grump_fiddle_reinstall 6 1,611 11-22-2023, 11:46 AM
Last Post: aLoop100o
  Command to test vibration motor? Zebulon Walton 3 1,944 11-12-2023, 08:45 PM
Last Post: zetabeta
  What actions needed to keep on mobian testing user641 3 1,634 09-05-2023, 06:44 AM
Last Post: Zebulon Walton
  Mobian boot failed with zstd message after upgrade. Mahgue 0 569 09-01-2023, 11:29 AM
Last Post: Mahgue
  how to update mobian over tor vusra 13 6,471 07-09-2023, 08:57 PM
Last Post: vusra
  opensnitch outbound firewall now works on mobian vusra 2 1,791 07-09-2023, 01:37 AM
  Using Nativefier on PP64 with Mobian paulcarton 0 568 07-05-2023, 03:57 AM
Last Post: paulcarton
  Has anyone got briar-desktop running on mobian? vusra 5 2,828 06-19-2023, 03:02 PM