Delivery Time?
Hello,

I ordered a Pinephone several days ago and received a receipt for my order.  I'd like to know when to expect my order (I paid for the $25 shipping option) in the US but Pinephone has given me no ETA and has not responded to multiple email requests.  Can anyone tell me when my order will be shipped and how long I should expect it to take?

Thanks in advance.
And the Truth shall make ye fret.

m. nease
PinePhone
Maniaro ARM 64-BIT
phosh 0.25.2
The shipping batches according to others have improved compared to past batches.
However, things seem to be rather irregular.

On one hand, one person with ID 153363 got a shipping confirmation last week.
So I thought considering my ID is in the 154*** range, I'll probably need to wait at least 2 more weeks.

On the other hand, one person with ID 153213 still seems to be waiting for any kind of confirmation.
And that ID is from an earlier order.
The second person is in Germany, the first person I wasn't able to verify so quickly, but seeing the timing of their posts in general, I guess somewhere in the Americas.
And I am in Japan.

I know that all deliveries to the EU are going to Poland first, and then distributed from there.
USA and Japan I believe will come from CHAINA!! directly.
So a logical reason for this irregularity is that it simply takes longer to ship to a middleman and let them forward it, than it is to ship directly.

@mlnease   The store notes say this batch starts "shipping in mid-November"

There are normally notices or posts on this forum when each batch starts to ship.

After that,  the shipper will notify you as they receive your package from Pine 64.

Things do progress much faster now than they did last year,  or even earlier this year.

BUT,  It can be days, weeks, or even months after you 'pre-order'  until the packages are handed to the shipper.

Ordering parts that are in stock in the store seem to go out pretty quickly.

But 'Pre-ordering'  is more complicated as they have to set up with the factory,  and determine how many units are
going to be built in that 'batch' and such.

That is why different terminology is used,  you 'order' items in store stock.
You 'Pre-order' devices,  as phones, laptops, tablets.
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
I have not received any information on shipping yet but I hope that I'll receive a shipping notification one of the first days next week. I ordred the first day the new batch was put on sale.
My order number is way lover than the others who have recived theirs but I don't think I goes by number, because then they'll have to give thoose who order in EU the same range of order numbers.
Near the top of the page you ordered from it states :

"Estimate Dispatch in mid November 2020"
(11-06-2020, 01:25 PM)mlnease Wrote: Hello,

I ordered a Pinephone several days ago and received a receipt for my order.  I'd like to know when to expect my order (I paid for the $25 shipping option) in the US but Pinephone has given me no ETA and has not responded to multiple email requests.  Can anyone tell me when my order will be shipped and how long I should expect it to take?

Thanks in advance.

Last time I ordered some accessories it took a little week before they shipped my order don't worry they will send you order, and you will get a shipping notification. I  Just got my shipping notification for the pinephone a couple of hours ago.
I am not in the US, but in Europe.

I have also ordered a PinePhone (CE with Manjaro) not too many days ago, the order process was a bit unusual because other than an order confirmation, I did not have a clue about if or when my order will be shipped to me, but somewhere in the forum it was mentioned that once the device is being shipped a shipping notification is being sent.

Which is exactly what happened, I have received a few days ago a shipping notification including a tracking number which works, it is on the way and hopefully it will be in my hands by this evening.

There is a thread somewhere here with shipping updates, and it was actually pretty useful - just about a week from the date mentioned about shipping EU orders to the warehouse in Poland, I was able to get a shipping notification. I guess it works the same for US orders? since I already heard of people in the US getting ahold of their delivery? 

I will update when it gets here.
(11-09-2020, 04:28 AM)kern707 Wrote: I am not in the US, but in Europe.

I have also ordered a PinePhone (CE with Manjaro) not too many days ago, the order process was a bit unusual because other than an order confirmation, I did not have a clue about if or when my order will be shipped to me, but somewhere in the forum it was mentioned that once the device is being shipped a shipping notification is being sent.

Which is exactly what happened, I have received a few days ago a shipping notification including a tracking number which works, it is on the way and hopefully it will be in my hands by this evening.

There is a thread somewhere here with shipping updates, and it was actually pretty useful - just about a week from the date mentioned about shipping EU orders to the warehouse in Poland, I was able to get a shipping notification. I guess it works the same for US orders? since I already heard of people in the US getting ahold of their delivery? 

How many days ago is "not too many days ago"?
It's pretty interesting, because I ordered "not too many weeks ago", and still no shipping confirmation...
(11-09-2020, 04:55 AM)ryo Wrote:
(11-09-2020, 04:28 AM)kern707 Wrote: I am not in the US, but in Europe.

There is a thread somewhere here with shipping updates, and it was actually pretty useful - just about a week from the date mentioned about shipping EU orders to the warehouse in Poland, I was able to get a shipping notification. I guess it works the same for US orders? since I already heard of people in the US getting a hold of their delivery? 

How many days ago is "not too many days ago"?
It's pretty interesting, because I ordered "not too many weeks ago", and still no shipping confirmation...

OK, I have just checked the actual "Order confirmation" email, I have ordered mine on 31.10.2020, I am located in Europe and had my device shipped from the Poland warehouse location (probably a bulk of devices were shipped from China to Poland, and from there to EU participants using local shipments such as DHL).

Side-note: I have also ordered a soft case for it at the same time, which could not be ordered together with the phone so on a separate checkout, that one is being shipped to me directly from Hong Kong, and I have not received it yet, or a notice about a local shipment. I suspect that shipments that go individually from China are slower than those of big bulk shipments to local warehouses, and then distribution using faster local shipping methods. 

UPDATE: I have just received the package a few minutes ago.
So far:
- Manjaro was pre-installed
- Device booted
- Factory pin was 123456
- Device getting significant heat on the upper portion of the back, just by "browsing" the device for about 5-6 minutes (opening apps, using Wifi for checking for software updates), not sure if this is abnormal or not? or maybe it is because I have the device hooked into a charger while at it? might be.

so far only connected to Wifi, haven't tried to insert my SIM card yet.. I will report later with further info)
(11-09-2020, 05:05 AM)kern707 Wrote: OK, I have just checked the actual "Order confirmation" email, I have ordered mine on 31.10.2020, I am located in Europe and had my device shipped from the Poland warehouse location (probably a bulk of devices were shipped from China to Poland, and from there to EU participants using local shipments such as DHL).

Side-note: I have also ordered a soft case for it at the same time, which could not be ordered together with the phone so on a separate checkout, that one is being shipped to me directly from Hong Kong, and I have not received it yet, or a notice about a local shipment. I suspect that shipments that go individually from China are slower than those of big bulk shipments to local warehouses, and then distribution using faster local shipping methods. 
I'm in east Asia, so I don't expect them to send to any far away warehouse before they send it to me.
On the other hand, I did experience a company before who sent out an invoice from Japan all the way to Germany, and the only thing the guys in Germany did was replace the post stamp, and forward it to me...which is in Japan.
So it's possible regardless of common sense.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SMS not delivered if receiver offline at sending time alpineduck 14 3,344 09-04-2023, 10:38 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  Complete noob to the Pinephone 64, cannot set time and date. gordr 11 2,437 06-06-2023, 10:27 AM
Last Post: gordr
Question How long does the phone need to be chrarged prior to turning on the 1st time? awsdert 2 2,602 04-30-2021, 01:40 PM
Last Post: awsdert
  What is the first-time password? Chupacabra 10 12,023 03-29-2021, 09:43 AM
Last Post: Puro Antinori
  Delivery to Russian Federation stepnoy_volk 8 11,247 03-28-2021, 08:00 AM
Last Post: xalius
  Delivery date. Very rough estimate will do :) xemute 2 3,026 11-28-2020, 04:05 PM
Last Post: xemute
  First Time Password 123456 does not work (SOLVED) OggieDoggie 0 1,682 11-06-2020, 09:14 PM
Last Post: OggieDoggie
  First time user really confused - need a how-to binkyd 8 9,750 07-21-2020, 04:21 PM
Last Post: bcnaz
  Date and Time changes to august 2115 rakor 11 10,528 07-13-2020, 04:17 PM
Last Post: bcnaz
  PinePhone delivery notice FYI User 6582 1 2,796 06-09-2020, 06:46 AM
Last Post: User 6582