3 Day Old Manjaro Convergence Edition 4 Sale
Hello,
I just received my pinephone, but it doesn't work with T-Mobile, I'm not switching carriers for it, so I'm selling it. I have put a Verizon SIM Card in the phone and it shows bars. Granted the SIM isn't activated so not sure how the phone behaves with an active SIM in it. If anyone want to give me what I paid for it $225.00, I can ship it out this Saturday US only please, just DM me.
This is so so so depressing and upsetting. The simple fact Pine64 can't get their act together, is sad to me. I wanted a linux phone so bad. I wrote and raved and was ok with it not being a fully working phone and a project in progress, but this is unforgivable to me. Especially when I had a PMOS edition that worked with a T-Mobile SIM. I hate to be the whiner or complainer, but when you have previous edition working and the following edition doesn't. This doesn't only hurt the life of a linux phone, but as a first time buyer of any Pine64 product I honestly won't purchase anything from them, they might be a great company but all trust is lost for me.
I would like to say I'd buy the next edition, but I won't. I won't spend another $225.00, wait for a month, to then maybe receive a phone that might work with my carrier it's a crap shoot.
(11-04-2020, 08:09 PM)NobodyNew1 Wrote: Hello,
I just received my pinephone, but it doesn't work with T-Mobile, I'm not switching carriers for it, so I'm selling it. I have put a Verizon SIM Card in the phone and it shows bars. Granted the SIM isn't activated so not sure how the phone behaves with an active SIM in it. If anyone want to give me what I paid for it $225.00, I can ship it out this Saturday US only please, just DM me.
This is so so so depressing and upsetting. The simple fact Pine64 can't get their act together, is sad to me. I wanted a linux phone so bad. I wrote and raved and was ok with it not being a fully working phone and a project in progress, but this is unforgivable to me. Especially when I had a PMOS edition that worked with a T-Mobile SIM. I hate to be the whiner or complainer, but when you have previous edition working and the following edition doesn't. This doesn't only hurt the life of a linux phone, but as a first time buyer of any Pine64 product I honestly won't purchase anything from them, they might be a great company but all trust is lost for me.
I would like to say I'd buy the next edition, but I won't. I won't spend another $225.00, wait for a month, to then maybe receive a phone that might work with my carrier it's a crap shoot.
You do know that pine64 don't make the software?
If pmOS worked before, have you reached out to the Devs and asked if it will be fixed in a future realese?
(11-05-2020, 02:19 AM)b4thed4wn Wrote:
If pmOS worked before, have you reached out to the Devs and asked if it will be fixed in a future realese?
I know they don't make the software, but isn't this a hardware issue, when the PMOS edition, flashed with mobian, arch, and manjaro works with a T-Mobile SIM Card, but yet this Manjaro edition, no matter what it is flashed to doesn't work with T-Mobile ? I've flashed the phone with the previous OS's and tried to boot them also all from a SD and still nothing.
I'm new to this so maybe I am missing something, but to me at this point, it's as if I bought a locked phone to another carrier, so I have a useless phone unless I want to switch carriers.
I just don't understand 4 months ago I buy the same phone and works with T-Mobile and now today the same phone, but simply shipped with another OS on it doesn't work with a carrier.
@NobodyNew1 

Quote:This is so so so depressing and upsetting. The simple fact Pine64 can't get their act together, is sad to me. I wanted a linux phone so bad. I wrote and raved and was ok with it not being a fully working phone and a project in progress, but this is unforgivable to me.
Be careful with such harsh words!!!

You might get shaken to death by a gang of unlimited addicts of this phone or patronized by a mod...
@NobodyNew1 Please ignore the troll post above. They like to play the victim after they stirred up a bunch of ire against themselves, amongst many users. Not because of a displeasure with Pine64, but because of their demeanor within the community. You're more than welcome to express any displeasure with the phone.

There are users invested in the hardware that may provide counter points, but through respectful discourse, this can bring attention to new issues and potential solutions.

Good luck with your sale, I'm sure it won't take too long for someone to purchase it from you.
(11-05-2020, 06:21 AM)NobodyNew1 Wrote:
(11-05-2020, 02:19 AM)b4thed4wn Wrote:
I know they don't make the software, but isn't this a hardware issue, when the PMOS edition, flashed with mobian, arch, and manjaro works with a T-Mobile SIM Card, but yet this Manjaro edition, no matter what it is flashed to doesn't work with T-Mobile ? I've flashed the phone with the previous OS's and tried to boot them also all from a SD and still nothing.
I'm new to this so maybe I am missing something, but to me at this point, it's as if I bought a locked phone to another carrier, so I have a useless phone unless I want to switch carriers.
I just don't understand 4 months ago I buy the same phone and works with T-Mobile and now today the same phone, but simply shipped with another OS on it doesn't work with a carrier.

Do I understand you correctly that you have tested the exact same OS image on PMOS, and Manjaro edition, and it does only work on one of them? In that case I guess it could be a hardware issue, but I guess it could also be a hardware change, that the software needs to be aware of.

Have you tried the modem firmware-upgrade from this thread: https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=11815

Personally I am still patiently awaiting the day when I can trust the Pinephone to fully replace my old phone. But I am optimistic, there have been a lot of software improvement since I first got my BH-edition.
(11-05-2020, 08:31 AM)tophneal Wrote: @NobodyNew1  Please ignore the troll post above. They like to play the victim after they stirred up a bunch of ire against themselves, amongst many users. Not because of a displeasure with Pine64, but because of their demeanor within the community. You're more than welcome to express any displeasure with the phone.
Even if I consider that a mod may feel obliged to defend law and order or whatsoever, I think you would have better not commented my posting.

I was not the only one to be a victim of the lynch mob comity.
(11-05-2020, 11:52 AM)LinAdmin2 Wrote: I was not the only one to be a victim of the lynch mob comity.

I know. I fielded a LOT of those reports and the stupid "rep war" that followed that hot mess.
I just received my pinephone, but it doesn't work with T-Mobile, I'm not switching carriers for it, so I'm selling it.

I appreciate that you may be unable to change carrier, but could you change OS? 
I've had varying results with different software, from 'sim card not inserted', through recognised but no signal, to full fat 4G. 
As they say, 'Your mileage may vary', different simcards, different fickle carriers, different country, but it wont hurt to try the groovy multi-boot tool put together by megous: 

https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=11347

Running through all the options is a fun exercise and you may find something that suits you better than Manjaro.  Personally I'm currently torn between Manjaro, Mobian and UBPorts, and I've only had my PinePhone three days.  You're definitely not the only one here with issues with T-Mobile, and this is all work in development, (I suppose all software is), but it appears to me to be active development. 

MC
I just received my pinephone, but it doesn't work with T-Mobile, I'm not switching carriers for it, so I'm selling it. I have put a Verizon SIM Card in the phone and it shows bars. Granted the SIM isn't activated so not sure how the phone behaves with an active SIM in it. If anyone want to give me what I paid for it $225.00, I can ship it out this Saturday US only please, just Drch, andM me.

I live in an area where T-Mobile is very weak, the signal comes and goes...  But I have used the phone on "Simple Mobile' , that is an mvno of T-Mobile.

It does 'work' using Mobian, Arch, and Manjaro operating systems,  just not well in my test area.

If you look around the forum,  you can see others have used 'T-Mobile' or one of their MVNO's also.
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2020 PinePhone Manjaro CE EU for sale, name your price astrojuanlu 7 1,800 02-14-2024, 04:51 PM
Last Post: astrojuanlu
  sudo nano file saving pinephone beta edition CharlesGnarley 4 1,702 12-22-2023, 03:44 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  box86 Actually Works Well on Manjaro Phosh/xfce jakfish 0 635 07-13-2023, 02:39 PM
Last Post: jakfish
  no sdcard boot and manjaro update failed Gwen 3 1,409 11-27-2022, 07:56 AM
Last Post: fxc
  Pinephone for sale in Europe tiho 7 5,459 10-19-2022, 05:35 AM
Last Post: peatord
  Tow-boot on Pinephone beta edition saddamus 10 5,405 09-11-2022, 02:43 PM
Last Post: saddamus
Rainbow New Pinephone for sale, Beta w Convergence Package megst 0 755 07-26-2022, 11:40 AM
Last Post: megst
  Manjaro phosh no screen rotation sandspur 1 1,331 06-23-2022, 01:02 AM
Last Post: rapp
  WTS: (Rarely used) Pinephone Beta Edition with Convergence Package - DHL shipping vatin 3 1,993 05-25-2022, 04:31 PM
Last Post: vatin
  Selling Pinephone PostmarketOS Convergence Edition pentamassiv 0 1,073 03-22-2022, 06:33 PM
Last Post: pentamassiv