any user experience with upgrading from the Braveheart?
Hi there!

I already know about the hardware revisions that can be found here, but how noticeable are these changes from a users perspective?

Do you notice the battery lasting longer?
Is the phone more stable?
Can you "feel" the extra ram?

Objective and subjective experiences are all welcome  Smile
Has anyone received this new mainboard yet  ?

I ordered one for my Brave Heart 2 days ago,  so it may be a while before mine gets here.

This is supposed to fix/update some hardware issues such as usb problems, the extra gb of ram will only be noticeable on some occasions,  like web
browsing with a bunch of open pages or perhaps gaming...  or intense computer type use, probably no difference as a phone.

> Some people may wish to get this to resolve their corrupted modem firmware problems.

>   It should also be 'noted'  the 16gb eMMC has a faster read speed than the 32gb eMMC.
So some people should/could wait for the standard 16gb mainboard to be offered in the store...  ?

With the available 2tb compacity of the sd card slot,   The "size" choice of 16gb or 32gb eMMC should not be a huge deciding difference.
    Nor is the 1gb of ram...
  >     the hardware revisions should be the biggest factor to consider.

> The faster eMMC read speeds may be more of a noticeable difference/improvement to consider..?

I am by no means a developer,  ...   So these are just my "views"
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
Cheers! i've ordered one myself because i want the fixes, and my ram is unstable at normal clock speed. Several people already have a braveheart + a newer version of the phone. I hoped they had some experience with the differences Smile
(11-05-2020, 04:38 PM)Nooblife Wrote: Cheers! i've ordered one myself because i want the fixes, and my ram is unstable at normal clock speed. Several people already have a braveheart + a newer version of the phone. I hoped they had some experience with the differences Smile

Agreed I want the fixes as well,    though I am now using my Brave Heart as my sort of daily driver.

While I am using my newer 3 PMOS Convergent phones and Manjaro Convergent phone to 'test' the newest O.S. releases.

At one point a few months back I was convinced I had a corrupt modem in the Brave Heart,
        but later O.S, releases came out and it is running pretty well now.

>  Over-all I am very, very impressed with Pine 64 and the Great job the Developers are doing,  all in about a years time.. !
      IF  I remember correctly,  I believe I "ordered" my Brave Heart phone on November 15th of 2019.
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
I'd think the fix to the USB CC lines would get more attention, at least from those not proficient in hot air solder rework.
Nice,

My new Pine phone mainboard will be here at about the same time that Mobian has its next "Reference Release"   !
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
@Luke 

I  did order the 'screw kit'  with my mainboard, but I am wondering if I should have ordered anything else ?

Hopefully the existing cables and connectors will easily disconnect, 
     and reconnect without needing to replace any of them. 

Will the camera connections require to be soldered to the mainboard ?
(11-07-2020, 04:20 PM)bcnaz Wrote: @Luke 

I  did order the 'screw kit'  with my mainboard, but I am wondering if I should have ordered anything else ?

Hopefully the existing cables and connectors will easily disconnect, 
     and reconnect without needing to replace any of them. 

Will the camera connections require to be soldered to the mainboard ?

Doesn't look like we need anything except a screwdriver and some patience to go through everything:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GbMoZ_z...lymer=true
Thumbs Up 
Just upgraded my BH to the Community edition mainboard and it was a painless process. Lost one screw but that's fine.. Meanwhile, hooked it up to my Nexdock 2, running today's Mobian nightly (nov 8) and it worked instantly!

As far as "feeling" the extra RAM or battery life or whatnot.. I'll report later. I'm at least looking forward to not having to remove the battery when shutting it down...

After watching the YouTube video,    it looks much simpler than I imagined.

Looks like the only tools needed should be :

A credit card or a guitar pick, a small Phillips screwdriver, a small straight blade screwdriver.

And a decent work surface/area.
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Phone powers off with high user demands car46999 7 542 04-11-2024, 09:17 AM
Last Post: zetabeta
Question Upgrading a 2020 Community Edition Pinephone? danimations 5 3,631 03-10-2022, 08:18 AM
Last Post: danimations
  Ubuntu Touch vs. Manjaro on Braveheart [Accessibility] jazzhands 0 1,192 09-22-2021, 11:52 AM
Last Post: jazzhands
Sad PnePhone Braveheart Edition - Microphone NOT Working valentin 15 8,387 08-09-2021, 07:43 PM
Last Post: tllim
  Soldering novice - Braveheart dead? ConorIA 10 10,096 02-25-2021, 02:38 PM
Last Post: nas
Rainbow PinePhone WIFI: PineCone user installable? PineUser-1337331 2 2,505 01-28-2021, 01:03 PM
Last Post: PineUser-1337331
  Have inherited frozen braveheart doodah 2 2,791 12-15-2020, 04:40 PM
Last Post: wibble
  BraveHeart UbPorts Battery drain/Solder update Vlodka 2 3,502 10-04-2020, 11:18 PM
Last Post: Vlodka
Bug Braveheart motor buzzes with pinch Charims 7 8,179 10-04-2020, 11:12 AM
Last Post: roncella
Question Addressing persistent battery discharge on Braveheart User 18618 0 1,524 08-30-2020, 06:00 PM
Last Post: User 18618