Script Not Found error using PhoenixCard
A number of people have reported getting a 'script not found' error when trying to use PhoenixCard. This is because you are trying to burn an image that is not compatible with the PhoenixCard application (i.e. a 'dd' image).

On the Software/Image Download section of the Pine64 wiki, there are many images available, but only the images specifically labelled so are burnable with PhoenixCard.

The images labelled as being a 'DD image' are of a fixed size (typically 8GB, 16GB, 32GB, 64GB) and are intended for burning via the dd command in a terminal, with Win32DiskImager, or with Rufus or similar software (such as ApplePi Baker or Etcher on a Mac).

See also this similar thread.
Another tool that might be useful (on Windows) is USB Image Tool. It can read or write DD style raw IMG files, and can also be tricked into opening zipped IMGs directly - no need to unzip! I find it handy for making backups of working images as zipped images (it describes them as IMZ, but they are simply zipped IMGs), so they don't take up 4GB when only 500-600MB is in use.
(07-01-2016, 10:14 PM)pfeerick Wrote: Another tool that might be useful (on Windows) is USB Image Tool. It can read or write DD style raw IMG files, and can also be tricked into opening zipped IMGs directly - no need to unzip! I find it handy for making backups of working images as zipped images (it describes them as IMZ, but they are simply zipped IMGs), so they don't take up 4GB when only 500-600MB is in use.

Thanks on the good tips, I will try out on this weekend.
(05-25-2016, 12:24 AM)Ghost Wrote: A number of people have reported getting a 'script not found' error when trying to use PhoenixCard. This is because you are trying to burn an image that is not compatible with the PhoenixCard application (i.e. a 'dd' image).

On the Software/Image Download section of the Pine64 wiki, there are many images available, but only the images specifically labelled so are burnable with PhoenixCard.

The images labelled as being a 'DD image' are of a fixed size (typically 8GB, 16GB, 32GB, 64GB) and are intended for burning via the dd command in a terminal, with Win32DiskImager, or with Rufus or similar software (such as ApplePi Baker or Etcher on a Mac).

See also this similar thread.

Certainly educational for me, being a NOOB ... spent the better part of last night and half of today going between Pheonix cardwriter  and Win32 Disk Imager ... getting exactly those errors ... Thanks for the help.

To a beginner that difference is not obvious. Thanks for the help.
Glad this thread has been of some benefit Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PBP Debian 11 GRUB install error zlth 2 1,830 11-18-2022, 07:42 AM
Last Post: zlth
  Invalid package error in Manjaro-ARM? Easy fix 98cwitr 0 1,558 05-23-2022, 08:49 AM
Last Post: 98cwitr
Information Booting Ubuntu stops with 16 error messages clawinus 0 2,606 11-05-2016, 03:45 PM
Last Post: clawinus
  Error formatting Memory Card Astondb5 10 15,524 07-06-2016, 07:31 PM
Last Post: jamesread90
  Switch found in the box montyflange 52 63,243 05-27-2016, 03:13 PM
Last Post: CaptainZalo
  For those with PhoenixCard "Error" during Burn Keex 8 54,063 04-06-2016, 05:45 AM
Last Post: Rhymoore