Anyone been able to get a working GloDroid img on SD?
I've been having a heck of a time with it. I've been following these instructions, but the PineTab isn't behaving like the PinePhone (won't boot to screen on, but black, for the flash-sd.sh step.)

Turns out I needed to run chmod 775 * on everything in the images folder. Didn't realize that.

Is there a difference in the steps for the PineTab I'm not aware of, or does anyone have a fresh SD img they'd be willing to share? I swear I've seen reports of the support being there, and some already booting it.

Trying the .img from v0.2.0 now, but it seems to be in a loop. The backlight(s) come on for a few seconds, then shutoff, rinse, wash, repeat.

the v0.2.0 img didn't show any video, after fixing the file permissions for the release files from the Glodroid repo, I was able to get a card made for v0.4.0, but that had the same issues with no display. I want to try grabbing the 'next' branch for a more recent update, but I don't have the room typically required to build Android. Neither the built-in display, no HDMI out worked.
I don't think the developers have a pinetab to properly test - so if you raise an issue on their bug tracker then they can troubleshoot.
(09-13-2020, 03:53 PM)nas Wrote: I don't think the developers have a pinetab to properly test - so if you raise an issue on their bug tracker then they can troubleshoot.

ha, that would certainly make development for it a bit harder.
shortly after making this post, I did run across an issue where someone asked for the files needed for PineTab, the dev gave a link to them from the next branch. I successfully flashed an SD, it had no video, so I provided that in the existing issue.
I notice you mention running adb from a container - you may be doing so already but generating an image to flash might sidestep a few setup issues.

Pretty sure there was a similar black screen issue on an early pinephone build which was fixed pretty quickly. Sharing some logs may help them assuming things like adb logcat are working.
(09-14-2020, 02:05 PM)nas Wrote: I notice you mention running adb from a container - you may be doing so already but generating an image to flash might sidestep a few setup issues.

Pretty sure there was a similar black screen issue on an early pinephone build which was fixed pretty quickly. Sharing some logs may help them assuming things like adb logcat are working.

I had initially begun pulling the  repo of the next branch to do just that, but my chromebook doesn't have enough internal storage to pull off building an Android img. (Last I recall 80-100GB of free space was recommended for building.)
I was able to successful start the flashing process, having an external keyboard helped because I was able to see when it powered up. Running adb logcat shows it has booted and flashed, but I think my problem now is related to not having an external monitor connected, which the docs say is required. When I get a cable and try that out, I'll post an update.
(09-14-2020, 02:59 PM)tophneal Wrote:  I had initially begun pulling the  repo of the next branch to do just that, but my chromebook doesn't have enough internal storage to pull off building an Android img.

I was going to try doing that to produce a non-debug build so I can try some apps that don't like root - but my broadband was just too slow so I gave up.

(09-19-2020, 09:28 AM)squierts Wrote: Running adb logcat shows it has booted and flashed, but I think my problem now is related to not having an external monitor connected, which the docs say is required.

I think the external monitor requirement relates to sbc devices that don't have a built-in screen. The problem reminds me of this pinephone issue from a few months ago so a Pinetab-specific bug will probably need to be raised to get it fixed.
(09-19-2020, 11:08 AM)nas Wrote:
(09-14-2020, 02:59 PM)tophneal Wrote:  I had initially begun pulling the  repo of the next branch to do just that, but my chromebook doesn't have enough internal storage to pull off building an Android img.

I was going to try doing that to produce a non-debug build so I can try some apps that don't like root - but my broadband was just too slow so I gave up.

(09-19-2020, 09:28 AM)squierts Wrote: Running adb logcat shows it has booted and flashed, but I think my problem now is related to not having an external monitor connected, which the docs say is required.

I think the external monitor requirement relates to sbc devices that don't have a built-in screen. The problem reminds me of this pinephone issue from a few months ago so a Pinetab-specific bug will probably need to be raised to get it fixed.
I just opened a issue for this in their project.
@squierts  was v0.4.0 the release you used when trying to create your SD img?
(09-21-2020, 07:18 AM)tophneal Wrote: @squierts  was v0.4.0 the release you used when trying to create your SD img?
Yeah that is the version I tried

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Working OS on pinetab RISC-V? user641 3 627 12-13-2023, 08:11 AM
Last Post: tophneal
  Udemy not working on pinetab2 (danctnix) jbreese 3 1,052 06-13-2023, 11:34 AM
Last Post: jbreese
  Important apps stopped working yurievitch 2 4,405 07-14-2021, 11:43 PM
Last Post: LisaFord
  Got Vivaldi Working on Arch! wd5gnr 3 6,347 11-09-2020, 12:13 PM
Last Post: hanscees