Can I buy and use a PinePhone in China? Will it work out of China?
#1
Like the title says, Where can I buy? I read somewhere the phone will be available in October online in China, but where? Can I then use the phone out of china? Specifically USA? Will there be any China specific modifications to the hardware/ software?

Side note, living in China, I'm forced to use WeChat. Will it work on a PinePhone? WeChat typically doesn't let you use their website mobile site. As far as I know, you must use the app. I assume if you are selling in the Chinese market, you've considered this.
#2
Can't PINE64 ship inside China?

If you install Anbox (which is available in Ubuntu Touch, Mobian and postmarketOS), then you can use Android apps.
#3
(09-20-2020, 10:18 AM)amosbatto Wrote: Can't PINE64 ship inside China?

If you install Anbox (which is available in Ubuntu Touch, Mobian and postmarketOS), then you can use Android apps.

Some PINE64 SBC sell in China.

However PinePhone and Pinebook Pro consider as export item and currently not yet sell in China domestic.


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pinephone visibly losing power while plugged in Hiraghm 9 8,992 08-29-2026, 11:18 AM
Last Post: baptx
  Pinephone software Csanderson0313 3 1,684 07-10-2026, 02:21 PM
Last Post: Zebulon Walton
  PinePhone Game Thread PixelPaintbrush 31 86,868 06-11-2026, 02:50 PM
Last Post: elinkser
  How can I record video on a Pinephone? kk22 23 25,943 03-25-2026, 12:55 PM
Last Post: baptx
  pinephone-support package not upgradable on Mobian fhireman 5 8,657 02-28-2026, 05:49 PM
Last Post: baptx
  beep - playing PCM samples on PinePhone? WhiteHexagon 0 1,640 12-04-2025, 08:07 AM
Last Post: WhiteHexagon
Star Selling my Pinephone Pro Explorer Edition zheyon 2 5,192 12-01-2025, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  PinePhone sensors - Gyroscope power WhiteHexagon 3 2,835 11-30-2025, 08:07 AM
Last Post: WhiteHexagon
  Light Sensor / Proximity Sensor on PinePhone? WhiteHexagon 1 2,227 11-18-2025, 03:07 PM
Last Post: WhiteHexagon
  Pinephone boot. Richy_T 8 8,554 10-21-2025, 12:12 PM
Last Post: Richy_T

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)