PBP won't boot (no amber or green LED)
The led above F2 is the power-on light that uboot controls, can be various colour and at various time, depends on uboot
The charging led is on side, next to barrel plug
echo fe330000.sdhci >/sys/bus/platform/drivers/sdhci-arasan/bind
is the hardware mount command for emmc, as root or sudo
BTW
When you type lsblk,, emmc is the one that has mmcblkXboot0 (or boot1),
DON'T write to these 4 MB sections (X = 0 or 1 or 2). SD will not have these
(04-14-2021, 09:54 AM)wdt Wrote: echo fe330000.sdhci >/sys/bus/platform/drivers/sdhci-arasan/bind

as root

yields:
no such device

I am trying different strategies from the forums to get the emmc to be recognized, but so far cannot get the emmc to be recognized by the system.

Not sure which switch position and exact boot procedure to follow for the emmc is the detected. I have read different procedures for getting the emmc to be recognized. So far none of them seem to work.

As I wrote previously, my emmc board is printed with a 'rectangle' under one of the emmc switch positions.  But nothing is labeled 'enable' or 'disable'. Just one rectangle. 
Sorry, just going by search results,, I have not ever had to do this
For that matter, my PBP is a virgin, the back has never been off
FWIW
$ ls -l /sys/bus/platform/drivers/sdhci-arasan/
total 0
--w------- 1 root root 4096 Apr 14 16:06 bind
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 0 Apr 14 16:06 fe330000.sdhci -> ../../../../devices/platform/fe330000.sdhci
--w------- 1 root root 4096 Apr 14 16:06 uevent
--w------- 1 root root 4096 Apr 14 16:06 unbind
----
I am guessing that you don't have an emmc adapter?
There's a picture on the wiki which shows the switch positions, if memory serves. In any case, unless you've changed it, it's in the enable position now.
[SOLVED]

Confusingly, no idea why or how.

This morning, tried to get emmc to be recognized again.

Tried several times, rebooted again several times w/sd card inserted & emmc switch set to enabled.

emmc still not recognized.

Noticed intermittent power light failure to come on and stay on. There seemed to be no connection between the power light failure to light up and any combination of connecting or disconnecting the AC power adapter. The unit would fail or succeed to power up, seemingly completely randomly.

I did press and hold the 'reset' button as a random thing to just try. Which I had done previously a few times. I also pressed firmly the power on button. The power indicator light would still come on or not turn on seemingly randomly.

After eventually seeing the power light come on and stay on, I rebooted from the sd card.

Guess what. The emmc card was recognized this time. No idea why.

I was able to use the Manjaro Arm Flasher utility to flash the latest Manjaro arm kde plasma image to the emmc.

I took out the sd card and rebooted from the emmc.

Currently running just fine from the emmc.

So I am pleased with the result. But I have no idea what the problem actually was. There were way too many random issues that seem to defy a logical explanation. Hopefully it keeps running properly.

Thank you to everyone who offered suggestions. I would probably have just given up in frustration without your input. Thanks!
The power light is driven entirely by software, specifically U-boot in most of what we're dealing with. Just something to keep in mind for when it happens again. When the power light doesn't light up, usually U-boot isn't running for some reason.
(04-15-2021, 09:56 AM)KC9UDX Wrote: The power light is driven entirely by software, specifically U-boot in most of what we're dealing with.  Just something to keep in mind for when it happens again.  When the power light doesn't light up, usually U-boot isn't running for some reason.
Thanks.

That is good information to know.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  uboot wont boot to SD card after upgrade jbradley419 7 545 01-19-2024, 02:29 PM
Last Post: wdt
  Video Flashing/adjusting on boot and reboot jbradley419 0 216 01-16-2024, 09:17 AM
Last Post: jbradley419
  Brand new Pinebook Pro doesn't boot after Manjaro update johnboiles 8 1,943 12-15-2023, 02:11 PM
Last Post: wdt
  PBP won't boot after trying to reinstall Manjaro ARM soupgirl 3 540 12-13-2023, 08:17 PM
Last Post: trillobite
  Various freezes during boot & while running several Linux distros - hardware error? donuts 1 489 11-22-2023, 11:47 AM
Last Post: fxc
  Cannot boot to Kali SD card after uboot upgrade jbradley419 4 1,025 09-19-2023, 08:48 AM
Last Post: dachalife
  Does latest Tow-Boot install/work correctly for everyone? tophneal 4 1,611 08-03-2023, 03:30 PM
Last Post: tophneal
  Boot into NVME drive, no wifi, sound, buttons... PaulQ 0 737 07-13-2023, 01:50 PM
Last Post: PaulQ
  New Pinebook pro won’t boot Generaltuxenburg 4 1,784 06-14-2023, 07:20 AM
Last Post: KC9UDX
Tongue Yet another Pinebook Pro won't boot thread pinemouth 4 2,233 05-20-2023, 01:02 AM
Last Post: jackwilson