Case backing with no logo
Very minor request:

Can I get a PinePhone case with no logo on the back?  I have the UBPorts edition, and the logo is awkward.

I guess you can say I have some vanity about my image  Cool  My image is preferably without branding.  Just plain.

I love my PineBook Pro with no logo on it.  I would love to have a PinePhone case backing with no logo as well.
It is in the store here.
  • ROCKPro64 v2.1 2GB, 16Gb eMMC for rootfs, SX8200Pro 512GB NVMe for /home, HDMI video & sound, Bluetooth keyboard & mouse. Arch (6.2 kernel, Openbox desktop) for general purpose daily PC.
  • PinePhone Pro Explorer Edition, daily driver, rk2aw & U-boot on SPI, Arch/SXMO & Arch/phosh on eMMC
  • PinePhone BraveHeart now v1.2b 3/32Gb, Tow-boot with Arch/SXMO on eMMC
I just received my new Pine phone case back cover,    (Plain no markings)
            it is very reasonably priced,  but shipping is a bit pricey,    So I added some more parts without increasing the shipping cost.

I needed to replace my cracked Brave Heart cover, 
            I would have purchased another as a spare,  but there is a limit of one cover per order....
(08-08-2020, 05:51 PM)dukla2000 Wrote: It is in the store here.

Thank you!

Now, why did I not see this in the store when I looked earlier?
(08-08-2020, 07:05 PM)bcnaz Wrote: I just received my new Pine phone case back cover,    (Plain no markings)
            it is very reasonably priced,  but shipping is a bit pricey,    So I added some more parts without increasing the shipping cost.

I needed to replace my cracked Brave Heart cover, 
            I would have purchased another as a spare,  but there is a limit of one cover per order....

My UBPorts back cover was also cracked.  

I wonder if the thermal treatment to imprint the logos on the backs is causing the back cover to weaken?

Anyway, I now have the un-marked back cover that I bought, and I think it's great.
I would not mind if it simply had ' L I N U X ' written in large letters on the cover.

I think it is a Great idea that Pine64 is helping the Linux Community, though it is likely we will change which version of Linux is installed on the phone.
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
(09-25-2020, 02:41 AM)bcnaz Wrote: I would not mind if it simply had  ' L I N U X '  written in large letters  on the cover.

I think it is a Great idea that Pine64 is helping the Linux Community,  though it is likely we will change which version of Linux is installed on the phone.

Or, had a Pine64 logo...
or "powered by Linux" like the PostmarketOS cover....

So, about these no-logo replacements.  I got one to replace the Postmartket one I have.   That original one has some sort of black tape on the inside.   What's its purpose?  Heat shield?  I don't have any such tape, but I do have aluminum tape which I'm tempted to apply to the naked cover I got from the store, but worry I'd be shorting something, or reflecting heat back.      

Thoughts?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  adding some keys to pp keyboard case, pageup, pagedown, f11, f12, maybe others zetabeta 1 1,288 04-30-2022, 08:18 PM
Last Post: TRS-80
  Case hardware request/idea HobanWashburn 5 4,459 09-15-2021, 04:02 AM
Last Post: biketool
  Battery phone case expected? Cpm 1 2,070 08-10-2021, 03:29 PM
Last Post: 33YN2
  Nintendo 3DS case Fritz Fischer 1 1,972 08-08-2021, 11:39 PM
Last Post: tllim
  Pinephone gamers case (like ODROID-GO) mitcoes 1 1,858 05-11-2021, 07:15 AM
Last Post: gamerminstrel
  DIY case backs, screw attachment biketool 1 1,950 04-07-2021, 10:07 AM
Last Post: wibble
  Back cover with UBPorts logo cracked Phillip Bell 7 6,852 03-22-2021, 12:20 PM
Last Post: mteagles1942
  Minor design fault in case SocialNetworkingWasAMistake 4 4,502 12-15-2020, 01:08 PM
Last Post: SocialNetworkingWasAMistake
  3D model of phone or case hnaguski 2 4,370 11-30-2019, 06:05 PM
Last Post: nas