PINE64
Case backing with no logo - Printable Version

+- PINE64 (https://forum.pine64.org)
+-- Forum: PinePhone (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=120)
+--- Forum: PinePhone Hardware (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=122)
+--- Thread: Case backing with no logo (/showthread.php?tid=10994)

Case backing with no logo - Phillip Bell - 08-08-2020

Very minor request:

Can I get a PinePhone case with no logo on the back?  I have the UBPorts edition, and the logo is awkward.

I guess you can say I have some vanity about my image  Cool  My image is preferably without branding.  Just plain.

I love my PineBook Pro with no logo on it.  I would love to have a PinePhone case backing with no logo as well.

RE: Case backing with no logo - dukla2000 - 08-08-2020

It is in the store here.

RE: Case backing with no logo - bcnaz - 08-08-2020

I just received my new Pine phone case back cover,    (Plain no markings)
            it is very reasonably priced,  but shipping is a bit pricey,    So I added some more parts without increasing the shipping cost.

I needed to replace my cracked Brave Heart cover, 
            I would have purchased another as a spare,  but there is a limit of one cover per order....

RE: Case backing with no logo - Phillip Bell - 08-08-2020

(08-08-2020, 05:51 PM)dukla2000 Wrote: It is in the store here.

Thank you!

Now, why did I not see this in the store when I looked earlier?

RE: Case backing with no logo - Phillip Bell - 09-24-2020

(08-08-2020, 07:05 PM)bcnaz Wrote: I just received my new Pine phone case back cover,    (Plain no markings)
            it is very reasonably priced,  but shipping is a bit pricey,    So I added some more parts without increasing the shipping cost.

I needed to replace my cracked Brave Heart cover, 
            I would have purchased another as a spare,  but there is a limit of one cover per order....

My UBPorts back cover was also cracked.  

I wonder if the thermal treatment to imprint the logos on the backs is causing the back cover to weaken?

Anyway, I now have the un-marked back cover that I bought, and I think it's great.

RE: Case backing with no logo - bcnaz - 09-25-2020

I would not mind if it simply had ' L I N U X ' written in large letters on the cover.

I think it is a Great idea that Pine64 is helping the Linux Community, though it is likely we will change which version of Linux is installed on the phone.

RE: Case backing with no logo - plarkinjr - 11-08-2020

(09-25-2020, 02:41 AM)bcnaz Wrote: I would not mind if it simply had  ' L I N U X '  written in large letters  on the cover.

I think it is a Great idea that Pine64 is helping the Linux Community,  though it is likely we will change which version of Linux is installed on the phone.

Or, had a Pine64 logo...
or "powered by Linux" like the PostmarketOS cover....

So, about these no-logo replacements.  I got one to replace the Postmartket one I have.   That original one has some sort of black tape on the inside.   What's its purpose?  Heat shield?  I don't have any such tape, but I do have aluminum tape which I'm tempted to apply to the naked cover I got from the store, but worry I'd be shorting something, or reflecting heat back.      

Thoughts?