Modem stopped working on BH
Just an update for this thread :

My Brave Heart phone is near daily driver status now,  August 14
Calls work both directions, Would like to be able to increase the volume a little.
  But a-wai says volume controls are near to being released.

Texting is working pretty good,  * sometimes the text app is a bit slow to open after a fresh boot.

I guess the scare of a bad modem is now just a bad memory !  For me anyhow...

My Brave Heart phone is running August 10 nightly release 'with updates', from an sd card.

Sometimes after a software update the phone will seem to freeze on the auto restart.
 Then I have to do a hard shut down and restart...  But it will then show new updates installed
when it does finally start back up.

-----------

While writing this I guess the battery ran dead on my phone.
Without thinking about the battery, I attempted to turn the phone on just hitting the power button.
The green light came on but nothing else happened...
The green light just remained on.
I did the usual hard shut down, plugged in the power cord and the phone started right up.
I logged in and all is good, there is a slash of red on the battery icon.

On the recent Mobian releases during start up the green led is only on a moment, then it turns
red as it finishes starting. While running there is a slow flash of the blue led.
(07-12-2020, 11:49 PM)afigegoznaet Wrote: Hi.

After a few weeks of usage with UBports, modem stopped working.
My suspicion is that it might have been broken by crust, since it doesn't work with other images either, and it was having issues for more than a week now (not starting after deep sleep). The other possibility is that it was faulty from the start, and it just died now.
I tried a factory test, and the modem test fails with a boot timeut.
Anyone else having these issues?

@afigegoznaet 

Have you resolved your modem problem yet ?

All of my "modem" problems seem to have disappeared with the use of recent Mobian nightly releases.

BC

Brave Heart edition running on Mobian August 10 nightly on sd card,   + updates,  AT&T sim card
(08-15-2020, 12:59 AM)bcnaz Wrote:
(07-12-2020, 11:49 PM)afigegoznaet Wrote: Hi.

After a few weeks of usage with UBports, modem stopped working.
My suspicion is that it might have been broken by crust, since it doesn't work with other images either, and it was having issues for more than a week now (not starting after deep sleep). The other possibility is that it was faulty from the start, and it just died now.
I tried a factory test, and the modem test fails with a boot timeut.
Anyone else having these issues?

@afigegoznaet 

Have you resolved your modem problem yet ?

All of my "modem" problems seem to have disappeared with the use of recent Mobian nightly releases.

BC

Brave Heart edition running on Mobian August 10 nightly on sd card,   + updates,  AT&T sim card
Nope, I'm afraid I've bricked it after I tried to flash it.
So, I'm waiting for motherboard to become available in the store.
OUCH !
  I am going to continue to run from the sd card for the time being
        I think that improves my odds of not 'Bricking' my phone.
Eventually I will install to the eMMC, but the phone operates ok from the sd card for now.

Have you tried reloading the original Post Market Test operating system ?
Seems I read somewhere on the forum that resolved some problems.
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
(08-15-2020, 02:57 PM)bcnaz Wrote: OUCH !
  I am going to continue to run from the sd card for the time being
        I think that improves my odds of not 'Bricking' my phone.
Eventually I will install to the eMMC, but the phone operates ok from the sd card for now.

Have you tried reloading the original Post Market Test operating system ?
Seems I read somewhere on the forum that resolved some problems.
I don't think it's an eMMC vs SDCard issue, TBH.
And, the test OS doesn't detect the modem either.
You can´t really brick the pinephone like you brick your Android device. Just load an OS from SD.
(08-31-2020, 06:03 AM)Veraendert Wrote: You can´t really brick the pinephone like you brick your Android device. Just load an OS from SD.
The pinephone works, it just doesn't detect the modem
Sorry, my bad. I just read the word "bricked" and thought "let´s help that guy, he´ll be happy to hear that all he has to do is insert an SD card". Yes, you can brick the modem. Unfortunately.
Complex, but 'possible' to re-flash the modem firmware, from what I have read elsewhere.

If indeed that is actually the problem.

At one point I thought I had a modem problem, but the old Brave Heart is purring now on Mobian.
Yes, it is the problem, I did a bad flash.
I have received the instructions for emergency flash from quectel support, recently, and it's a complex procedure indeed, I will need to dedicate some time to try and perform the steps.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Supported Carrier and Modem Bands NachoMomma 4 1,570 03-23-2024, 02:00 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  power circuit can't charge battery and can't supply enough power for modem or wifi vortex 2 528 02-17-2024, 04:15 PM
Last Post: vortex
Bug PinePhone modem keeps "disappearing" Kevin Kofler 14 5,622 03-22-2023, 05:28 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  modem not working michelinux 0 927 02-16-2023, 04:56 AM
Last Post: michelinux
  modem not detected al_x 3 4,228 02-15-2023, 11:17 AM
Last Post: fxc
  firmware udate Quectel EG25-G modem alwi 7 5,361 07-06-2022, 01:43 PM
Last Post: user641
  Need command to tell what modem firmware I am on. purpletiger 4 2,852 07-06-2022, 12:35 PM
Last Post: Zebulon Walton
  The modem does not recognize Korean SIM cards (what?) bdicewk 9 4,117 06-13-2022, 04:12 AM
Last Post: zetabeta
  Modem Hardware bad? Not ready for 5g?? linux76 8 4,688 05-31-2022, 06:41 PM
Last Post: SwordfishII
  Modem in failed state, not sending/receiving SMS brb78 5 3,672 03-31-2022, 08:37 AM
Last Post: wibble