US SIM Cards not working on Pinephone
I turned my Pinephone on today to find that my SIM card wasn't detected, and I found that my Pinephone is not detecting US SIM cards but after putting in a European SIM card I had it detected it just fine. The 2 distros I was running were UBPorts and Mobian, could one of them have updated the modem firmware causing this issue? I had a US SIM card working just fine 3 days ago but I updated both Mobian and UBPorts also 3 days ago and I wasn't paying attention to the SIM card status.

Edit: It actually appears to work in the factory test but wasn't working in UBPorts or Mobian.
I just got my UBPorts community edition today. The sim card wasn't working. I then noticed that an extra sim card laying around was a bit larger. That one worked. Is it possible that you're using the wrong sized sim card?
I'm using a micro SIM which is the correct size. I put the European SIM on top of my US T-Mobile SIM and its the exact same size.
I think this belongs to the PinePhone forum
My cricket sim picked up and worked fine first try (it's one of the mid-sized sims, I used the sim insert that came in the plastic baggy in the box). I was able to make and receive calls and txts and was getting LTE. After messing with hotspot settings my LTE quit working and I haven't been able to get it back yet :\ This is with the UBPorts edition.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Are you using the Pinephone as your daily driver? jro 67 8,479 1 hour ago
Last Post: nelstomlinson
  Pinephone quickly crashes unless plugged to power gab 5 231 3 hours ago
Last Post: mouffa
Heart What native PinePhone application would you like to see in the near future? kern707 65 11,713 Yesterday, 11:42 AM
  Which interface was pre-installed on the PinePhone CE: Manjaro? amosbatto 1 52 08-03-2021, 04:23 PM
Last Post: kqlnut
  PinePhone For Sale (UBports Edition) Joelandsonja 1 275 08-02-2021, 08:33 PM
Last Post: Joelandsonja
  Pinephone (For Sale) d3acon 0 113 07-29-2021, 09:04 AM
Last Post: d3acon
  Add kill switches to the PinePhone realrichardsharpe@gmail.com 3 165 07-28-2021, 09:17 PM
Last Post: bcnaz
  Still trying, SMS not working Nutmeg 17 561 07-28-2021, 08:10 PM
Last Post: bcnaz
Question WhatsApp & Pinephone - What are the alternatives for collaborative comms? danimations 8 695 07-26-2021, 08:39 AM
Last Post: Zombie Feynman
  Has anyone had success with a Nexdoc and Pinephone? nelstomlinson 2 281 07-23-2021, 10:27 AM