Pinephone battery
Hello i just got my pinephone last week,
although i love it the battery (with no use) dies after 3 hours .
i want to know if it is the same for everyone or i should change the battery.
i really like this phone and i want to make it my main one but with the battery like this i can't.
if anyone has any helpfull solution or hack i would love to hear.
it is the braveheart edition with ubuntu touch

thanks in advace! Smile
(06-23-2020, 02:47 AM)billerman Wrote: Hello i just got my pinephone last week,
although i love it the battery (with no use) dies after 3 hours .
i want to know if it is the same for everyone or i should change the battery.
i really like this phone and i want to make it my main one but with the battery like this i can't.
if anyone has any helpfull solution or hack i would love to hear.
it is the braveheart edition with ubuntu touch

thanks in advace! Smile
if you are on stable version you should get reasonable battery life.
But if you are on Development version _- they are testing and changing things ---- (which means your battery may drain if left in the device,subject to what is being tested) 
   If you want to use it all the time ,you need to decide if, as it is now -- ( on stable version)-- it will "work" for you
it just got an update,i'll keep watch and post again the battery life,
i will check the version and watch for any changes.
thanks!
Making the hardware work was the first priority.
Longer battery life comes as the operating system matures.

Some operating systems now run 12 hours,    +  with sleep functions 24 hours is getting near.

So lasting days may not be too much ask in a few months.
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
As a test I fully charged my battery and at 11:00 pm last night I unplugged the phone and put it to standby. At 7:00 am this morning I checked the battery and it was at 37%. I still don't have a working SIM card yet. Oh and my test was with WiFi on but Bluetooth off.
Interesting thread. For what its worth - I'm getting apx 8hrs from my Piinephone on upbports - SIM and WIFI - just sititing idle, but not actually doing anything with it. My old Oneplus 3T which on Android wasn't lasting 24 hrs on standby is now lasting _5 Days_ whilst in the same configuration as Pinephone. Given differing battery sizes etc I would suggest 48-72Hrs life for the Pinephone would be the same... Some work to be done.
Richard Rowe

Pinebook Pro
Pinephone Ubports
@bcnaz which operating system lasts up to 12 hours?

[url=https://forum.pine64.org/member.php?action=profile&uid=15072][/url]
I've occasionally seen ~12hrs from Mobian, but sometimes something wakes it up and it doesn't always go back to sleep. This may be related to something non-standard I've tried or installed though.
It is amazing how many things we do not think about but they need to be optimized... don't we have spies from iPhone, LG, or other phone companies that can help with this?
But if I want for instance aquire BLE sensor data and need a Pinephone which is always running. How long does is run in this configuration?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  pinephone virtual keyboard aular 4 302 04-10-2024, 03:45 PM
Last Post: aular
  PinePhone Doesn't Boot LED Doesn't Show Any Signs When Charging dorkydev 1 200 04-02-2024, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  PinePhone - boot from microSD laserpyramid 5 474 03-06-2024, 06:37 PM
  Are you using the Pinephone as your daily driver? jro 157 108,175 02-18-2024, 11:33 PM
  2020 PinePhone Manjaro CE EU for sale, name your price astrojuanlu 7 1,722 02-14-2024, 04:51 PM
Last Post: astrojuanlu
  pinephone is not bootble for the box. ijij 1 576 01-19-2024, 01:29 PM
Last Post: fxc
  Multiple issues with the Pinephone MTXP 12 2,260 12-28-2023, 07:55 AM
Last Post: MTXP
  pinephone repair shop shengchieh 0 477 12-26-2023, 02:42 PM
Last Post: shengchieh
  sudo nano file saving pinephone beta edition CharlesGnarley 4 1,637 12-22-2023, 03:44 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  Can't get Mobian on PinePhone to recognise USB-C docking bar duncan_bayne 9 6,859 12-04-2023, 02:14 AM
Last Post: Peter Gamma