openSUSE for Pinephone
Now i am working in features like improving battery and bluetooth.

Moreover for next release i think also we can have improvement in FPS (from megi's patches) and new kernel version (5.9)
Looking forward into testing this... let's hope my PinePhone arrives soon so I can start testing around.
I have a couple question about this port, though:

-Which software components are non-FOSS?
-Is YaST included (or at least the software management tools)?
-How is the battery life doing right now?
(11-04-2020, 01:39 PM)andresbs Wrote: Looking forward into testing this... let's hope my PinePhone arrives soon so I can start testing around.
I have a couple question about this port, though:

-Which software components are non-FOSS?
-Is YaST included (or at least the software management tools)?
-How is the battery life doing right now?

For the first question, all software components arre FOSS, then you can install everything with "zypper install" or whatever command you use with opensuse OS, Yast2 gui are not well adapted for mobile UI so it disabled by default, you can install it and test it if you want.

Battery life i think is worst part for now, maybe 1 working day without using it a lot, maybe 5-6 hours using it continuosly.
## 2020.16.11

Add bootsplash for boot and shutdown

**Implemented enhancements:**

- Add bootsplash
- Fix kernel start (laggy bug)
- Fix audio problems in calls
- Added gnome-initial-setup to add language to your on-screen keyboard
- Fix problem changing between on-screen keyboard and emoji keyboard
- Change Pinhole for Megapixels for camera app
- Patched kernel with fixes for brightness
- Fix problem with modem in last release
- Now bluetooth are working correctly

**Working:**
- Calls (Auto-switch audio profiles)
- SMS
- Mobile Data
- WiFi
- Front Camera (laggy)
- Back Camera (laggy)
- Touchscreen
- Brightness
- Sound & Mic
- Volume keys
- Proximity sensor
- Jack
- Bluetooth

**Not Working:**
- Accelerometer
- GPS
Many thanks for the new version ## 2020.16.11

After flashing to a card and reparing the wrong GPT backup position, the system does boot with the fantastic animal logo Wink 

For unlocking with "1234" a special keyboard does appear, but afterwards I could not get any keyboard and therefore it was not possible to enter the password for WiFi etc.

Any tricks to solve that problem?
Question 
Could anyone answer some questions I have regarding the openSUSE images?
  1. What is the difference between the pinephone.aarch64.raw.xz image and the pinephone.aarch64-2020.11.16-Build9.3.raw.xz one?
  2. Considering they aren't disc image files, do I have to modify them in some way so I can flash them?
  3. Why is the nightly image page no longer available?
Appreciate any info you can share.
Do anyone know if Anbox can be installed/works on openSUSE ?
With latest image "openSUSE-Tumbleweed-ARM-PHOSH-pinephone.aarch64.raw" from 2020-11-18 the problem that no keyboard pops up when input is required still persists.

Am I the only idiot trying to get OpenSuse running?
Quote:Am I the only idiot trying to get OpenSuse running?
So it is... Angel
(11-20-2020, 03:00 AM)LinAdmin2 Wrote:
Quote:Am I the only idiot trying to get OpenSuse running?
So it is... Angel

No I have run opensuse. Didn't see same problems although I used openSUSE-Tumbleweed-ARM-PHOSH-pinephone.aarch64-2020.10.25-Build5.1.raw

I am also burning these images using DD, win32diskimager, and etcher depending on where I am at and what OS I am booted into. And if I feel like seeing a 'kids' ui.

No issues with input on my side.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Slarm64 on PinePhone [Unofficial Slackware ARM - 64 bit] acid andy 30 22,836 Yesterday, 11:18 AM
Last Post: donchurch
Wink PINEPHONE not booting Touchwood 2 217 02-23-2024, 07:27 AM
Last Post: Touchwood
  Slack on PinePhone Adam Seline 5 5,099 12-20-2023, 07:20 AM
Last Post: nickolas
  Struggle to install LibreOffice on the PinePhone Peter Gamma 48 22,672 11-24-2023, 07:02 AM
Last Post: Peter Gamma
  Which word processor to choose for the Pinephone? Peter Gamma 8 1,638 11-23-2023, 01:06 AM
  Using Signal on PinePhone in mid-2023? dante404 45 11,454 11-17-2023, 04:23 AM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  Genode- Sculpt OS for the PinePhone (non Linux) Surehand53 1 777 11-04-2023, 07:23 PM
Last Post: tllim
  Abiword as a office mobile word processor for the Pinephone? Peter Gamma 11 1,773 10-24-2023, 08:57 AM
  What File Manager Options Are There For The Pinephone? pinephoneuser22 7 2,062 10-18-2023, 08:37 AM
Last Post: luppivega
  Does Ubuntu modify a Pinephone SD boot card? Peter Gamma 0 727 10-05-2023, 09:18 AM