On/Off Switch Pad Working Bad
When I try to power on my Pine from the power button the board it seems to boot up but it goes off after a few seconds. It doesn't matter what I try, I'd like to know if my board is faulty or not.
(05-12-2016, 12:51 PM)RaspiBit Wrote: When I try to power on my Pine from the power button the board it seems to boot up but it goes off after a few seconds. It doesn't matter what I try, I'd like to know if my board is faulty or not.

Have you tried holding down the button for a few seconds? If you just press it quickly, maybe it won't turn on properly.
(05-12-2016, 04:22 PM)Ghost Wrote:
(05-12-2016, 12:51 PM)RaspiBit Wrote: When I try to power on my Pine from the power button the board it seems to boot up but it goes off after a few seconds. It doesn't matter what I try, I'd like to know if my board is faulty or not.

Have you tried holding down the button for a few seconds? If you just press it quickly, maybe it won't turn on properly.
It doesn't matter how much time I push it, it turns on for a few seconds and then goes off...
Does it boot up properly when you unplug and replug the box?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
I have this same issue if I just short the pads together... (the switch is not actually installed yet)

I think the switch has to be soldered in to work properly.
Hello to everybody.!

I'm having the same problem with my Pine64 + with 2gb of ram.
I have tryied to power from exp connector and from the motherboard( near usb ports ).

If I unplug the microusb plug and reconnect it...the pine boot perfectly.

If I push the power button when I have loaded the system (ubuntu image from Pine 64 site) the power off window appear.

I hope this may help to understand the problem.

Thaks in advance for any help.

Best regards
Filippo
Apparently the switch causing the PMIC to powerdown on release too...
Hello. Thanks MarkHaysHarris777.

I will try to make an anti debounce circuit and try to power the Pine64 with it and I will post the results.

Regards
Filippo
In any case , I 've checked the datasheet and in the power button and reset button is already included an RC debouncer.

So I don't know if my test deserve to be done or not.

Sad
The PMIC has hardware debouncing as well as software controlled timers for the powerbutton. It basically generates an interrupt on the A64 for the different things like short press, long press, release. If you hold the powerbutton longer, it does a hard power-off. You can read the event from /dev/input/event1 if the power button is pressed, you will get keycode 116 (POWER_KEY) and that can be mapped for example to shutdown your system.
Come have a chat in the Pine IRC channel >>

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Working linux distribution that supports BT/Wifi on A64 Roverius 3 4,713 08-19-2019, 04:47 AM
Last Post: Roverius
  assistantpine, a working idea for a distro tohipfortheroom 1 3,312 01-22-2017, 02:56 AM
Last Post: tllim
  Support registration seems not to be working winterflaw 2 3,601 11-04-2016, 02:08 PM
Last Post: winterflaw
  UAE4Droid Amiga emulator not working Middleman 1 3,068 07-25-2016, 04:18 AM
Last Post: CaptainZalo
  Bluetooth not working reesh95 0 1,624 04-28-2016, 01:29 AM
Last Post: reesh95