I can NOT recommend the KDE plasma widgets
I played around, strangely enough it shows much bigger on my screen, so I took out some empty lines (font size difference?).
Naturally, then I started modifying it to suit my needs. It's really cool.

I would like to include the remaining battery time, but the standard conky variables are not working. The battery indicator on the tray does show the estimate on mouse-over, so the system somehow knows.
Does anyone know how to solve this?
Quote:I would like to include the remaining battery time, but the standard conky variables are not working. The battery indicator on the tray does show the estimate on mouse-over, so the system somehow knows.
Does anyone know how to solve this?

The file `/sys/class/power_supply/cw2015-battery/time_to_empty_now` contains the remaining time in minutes, I wrote a small bash script to format it (hh:mm):

Code:
#!/bin/bash
time=$(cat /sys/class/power_supply/cw2015-battery/time_to_empty_now)
hours=$(($time/60))
minutes=$(printf "%02d" $(($time%60)))
echo $hours:$minutes

Save this code in a bash file (`bat_remaining_time.sh` for example), give it the execution permission (`chmod +x bat_remaining_time.sh`) and try to execute it (./bat_remaining_time.sh).

If everything works, you can add this command to your conky config to display it (the number 10 after `execi` means that the script is executed every 10 seconds):

Code:
${execi 10 /bin/bash /path/to/script/bat_remaining_time.sh}
Excellent!!
Thanks a lot!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Manjaro Plasma blinking cursor jcun4128 4 1,353 05-08-2023, 11:17 AM
Last Post: korreckj328
  printing -- Manjaro ARM KDE plasma straightwalker 8 6,567 07-04-2021, 10:55 PM
Last Post: KC9UDX
Photo Remove activity manager bar on right side of screen - plasma kde motezart 3 4,434 10-20-2020, 10:36 AM
Last Post: motezart
  Issue with screeen tilers - Anyone can recommend? motezart 0 1,578 10-20-2020, 10:35 AM
Last Post: motezart