Sending SMS carrier: O² Germany

(05-14-2021, 05:46 AM)arno_nuehm Wrote: As far as I see, there is nothing related to this problem - no risk regarding the updates.

Great, thank you! Installed all of them, rebooted, sent messages back and forth -- no problems.
(05-14-2021, 06:03 AM)Anna Wrote:
(05-14-2021, 05:46 AM)arno_nuehm Wrote: As far as I see, there is nothing related to this problem - no risk regarding the updates.

Great, thank you! Installed all of them, rebooted, sent messages back and forth -- no problems.

That's interesting. I tested sending text messages from my PP 1.2 (modem firmware from November) with postmarketOS, Mobian and LuneOS, latest images each. Sending never worked on a Telefónica Movile MVNO here, while receiving worked OK.
(05-16-2021, 08:22 AM)Maus Wrote:
(05-14-2021, 06:03 AM)Anna Wrote:

That's interesting. I tested sending text messages from my PP 1.2 (modem firmware from November) with postmarketOS, Mobian and LuneOS, latest images each. Sending never worked on a Telefónica Movile MVNO here, while receiving worked OK.

Interesting, indeed. So which software (except for the modem) is used in every distro relevant for SMS sending? Does anyone know?

I never upgraded my modem firmware in my Mobian CE Edition. I will test my older postmarketOS CE Edition with the original modem firmware tomorrow...
(05-16-2021, 08:22 AM)Maus Wrote: That's interesting.

Just sent messages to two different phones via O2 --  again no problems at all.

I never upgraded the firmware; apart from reinstalling Mobian on my 16 GB Debian community edition some weeks ago I did not change anything.
(05-17-2021, 12:48 PM)Anna Wrote:
(05-16-2021, 08:22 AM)Maus Wrote: That's interesting.

Just sent messages to two different phones via O2 --  again no problems at all.

I never upgraded the firmware; apart from reinstalling Mobian on my 16 GB Debian community edition some weeks ago I did not change anything.
Well, I did upgrade the modem firmware. But sending sms didn't work before.
Interesting: today, I flashed the latest build on SD an successfully sent & received sms.
Alright. A reflash with the latest installer image did not solve the problem, however, switching to 2G before sending an sms works.
(05-27-2021, 06:33 AM)sfb Wrote: Alright. A reflash with the latest installer image did not solve the problem, however, switching to 2G before sending an sms works.

I can confirm. Sending SMS after switching to "2G only" works - using "2G, 3G, 4G (preferred)" sadly not.

Thanks for your research!
This problem appears to be exactly the same in Czech Republic (O2 as well, can't tell other providers). I can't send SMS until I switch to 2G network. Yesterday i flashed 20210517 image and did dist-upgrade.
I wonder if the problem is same in all EU or specific to technology used only in some countries?
Issue is opened

https://source.puri.sm/Librem5/chatty/-/issues/505

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sending Pinephone SMS from Desktop biketool 5 2,744 09-13-2022, 01:46 PM
Last Post: anonymous
  WIRED-PROPERTIES.CARRIER: off --- 1 2,848 09-24-2020, 05:03 AM
Last Post: ---