Good i3 Config file to use?
Hi

Has anyone got a good i3 config file that works with things like the battery status and adjusting the brightness? I installed i3 alongside the KDE default and I'm struggling with these things.

Or should I just bite the bullet and install the manjaro i3 spin through the flasher tool?
(05-04-2021, 07:49 AM)jms429 Wrote: Hi

Has anyone got a good i3 config file that works with things like the battery status and adjusting the brightness? I installed i3 alongside the KDE default and I'm struggling with these things.

Or should I just bite the bullet and install the manjaro i3 spin through the flasher tool?
Try   https://arm.endeavouros.com/     Big Grin   why bite bullet Angel or go vanilla Wink
(05-04-2021, 09:07 AM)shjim Wrote:

Try   https://arm.endeavouros.com/     Big Grin   why bite bullet Angel  or go vanilla  Wink

Thanks.

I decided to give the manjaro-arm-flasher tool a whirl, and it works great! I flashed onto an sd card, then used the tool again to flash the EMMC.  The manjaro i3 is really nicely set up and works a treat.  Saved me ages of config
(05-04-2021, 12:53 PM)jms429 Wrote:
(05-04-2021, 09:07 AM)shjim Wrote:

Try   https://arm.endeavouros.com/     Big Grin   why bite bullet Angel  or go vanilla  Wink

Thanks.

I decided to give the manjaro-arm-flasher tool a whirl, and it works great! I flashed onto an sd card, then used the tool again to flash the EMMC.  The manjaro i3 is really nicely set up and works a treat.  Saved me ages of config
That the main thing ... you happy Smile      Enjoy  your PBP with i3 .
i use this

#!/bin/sh
while [ true ]
do
date=$(date +"%r  %d/%m/%Y ")
batt=$(cat /sys/devices/platform/ff3d0000.i2c/i2c-4/4-0062/power_supply/cw2015-battery/capacity)
echo $batt% $date
sleep 17
done

called via
status_command 
in the bar{}  directive
as for brightness

bindsym Xf86MonBrightnessDown exec brightnessctl s 5%-
bindsym Xf86MonBrightnessup exec brightnessctl s +5%

and you can put something to the effect of bright=$(brightnestctl |grep Current |awk '{print $4}' ) to get the brightness% in status.sh or theres probably a /sys/device node for it? dunno dont care personally
since you got ahold of me i might aswell tell you all my pmos sway secrets
i try to to put all my edits into /etc/sway/confing.d/ short and sweet per objective
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
cat /etc/sway/config.d/pbp.pipewire   (audio server)
Code:
exec pipewire
exec pipewire-pulse
exec pipewire-media-session
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
locker/blanker
cat /etc/sway/config.d/pbp.idlelock
Code:
# locker
exec swayidle -w timeout 360 '/usr/local/bin/swaylock --clock --effect-pixelate 4 --screenshots --grace 30 '
# blanker
exec swayidle -w timeout 390 'swaymsg "output * dpms off"' resume 'swaymsg "output * dpms on" '
(the default config directive wasnt working for me with multiple lines so i broke it into two and now it works for me also using a self compiled swaylock-effects since its not yet in the pmos packages should really push an abuild for it)
misc stuff
exec foot -s    (and change $term to footclient)
bindsym print exec cd ~Pictures/Screenshots && grim -g "$slurp"  #printscreen screenshotter with grim/slurp

i really like pmos its so fast and small everything else is bloated and slow in comparison haha problem is theres no stable build and if you update daily or at the wrong time and reboot... could be devastating like right now im looking at self compiling a kernel cause its missing a bunch of modules i wanna use namely usb-storage for when something inevitably breaks from running edge-ware

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Would a Pinebook Pro be good for a Linux newbie? cassado10 6 1,325 08-08-2023, 04:58 AM
Last Post: moobythegoldensock
  extlinux.conf file error, can it be edited in bootloader? Abandoned Brain 2 2,486 09-26-2021, 01:28 PM
Last Post: Abandoned Brain
Brick Anyone know of a good firewall? SpaceLord 6 5,814 07-24-2021, 12:04 PM
Last Post: globaltree
  PostmarketOS - Why swap file not on at boot? stozi 3 3,844 06-24-2021, 12:27 AM
Last Post: craftyguy
  Network settings, where to find the config files? hvdkooij 1 2,787 11-20-2020, 02:47 PM
Last Post: xyzzy
  Pinebook Pro Sleep/Resume bug: The (Kinda sorta) Good, The Bad, and the (Very) Ugly. feoh 12 12,997 09-30-2020, 09:01 AM
Last Post: feoh
  Restoring img file to eMMC GloriousCoffee 5 5,630 08-08-2020, 10:49 AM
Last Post: GloriousCoffee
  Anyone planning on ZFS or BTRFS for file systems? Arwen 16 18,047 06-17-2020, 02:04 PM
Last Post: DrYak
  Manjaro Arm users - What does your trackpad/keyboard conf file look like? Eggmonkey 7 7,692 04-21-2020, 08:27 AM
Last Post: Surehand53
  Which keyboard config file with Ubuntu Mate Linux-Rob 1 2,256 11-19-2019, 01:57 PM
Last Post: agD0i7rY